RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Resets...[Resolved]

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Om nom nom nom
There's probably a very obvious solution to this problem I have, but I have yet to come across it, So I thought to look to Forums for help, I searched around here and I couldn't quite find what I was looking for. Or I accidentally overlooked it. >.>

It's begun to get on my nerves only slightly, that every time say.. I leave a town, to go back out into the world, and then re-enter the town, Everything has been reset. Map Transitions seems to just reset all of the events. Say I walked into town, and killed someone, they now lay there dead and what not, I leave the town for not 30 seconds, and upon going back in, there he is, walking around again without a care in the world. I find this to be a real problem, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to fix it.
Can anyone here help me?  :-\

EDIT: I use RPG Maker 2003
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:44:47 AM by Kojinus »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Moving to correct area for MAXIMUM HELPAGE
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Om nom nom nom
Thanks, sorry for posting in wrong section. D:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
It's cool man. I don't know a solution to your problem but someone will.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Okay, how do you program the soon to be dead man?

(Like, how do you program your events?)

Om nom nom nom
Okay, how do you program the soon to be dead man?

(Like, how do you program your events?)

Well, I have it so that once you talk to him, you have a greeting, then you have three different responses that you can use, One is a Positive response, one's sort of like an "Eh" response, and the third one is a threatening response, This was just a test though, After using the threatening response, a message popped up of the guy's reaction, and it initiated a fight. Well, I had it set so that after the fight, it would "Erase Event" which I figured would just completely get rid of it.

It didn't. I leave the area, and return, and he's alive again.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:44:36 AM by Kojinus »