RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] Character bank

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
OK well I've been making games for awhile now and I've looked at a lot of tutorials and still can't find one on making a bank for your team. See the main problem I'm having is not depositing the team but keeping the level of the teammates the same once I withdraw them again. If any one has any ideas on how to do this I would really appreciate it.   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:40:40 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
First, is this for Game Maker or RPG Maker? Because if this is for RPG Maker, the topic's in the wrong place and you probably won't get much help in this section of the site.

Second, do you mean how to switch party members out and into the party? If so, I'd use arrays. Have a global array for each parameter you use for a party member.

For example:

Code: [Select]
global.attack[1] = 10
global.attack[2] = 20

That code would set the attack of the first party member to 10 and the attack of the second party member to 20. And in your case you'd want this:

Code: [Select]
global.level[1] = 3
global.level[2] = 4

This would set the different party members level to 3 and 4 respectively. If you need more info on arrays, I suggest you take a look at my pin in this section.