RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Halo Thread

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Halo: Combat Evolved is better than most first person shooters, it introduced many good gameplay elements not seen before in the genre such as storyline, regenerating health, and large-scale vehicular combat. For those of you who think it's cool to not like Halo even if you have never played it
Spoiler for:
Kefka
I recommend you download/buy the first one and beat campaign and try out a few games of LAN. Honestly the later ones may be over-hyped but this one does not deserve all of the hate it gets.

This is my opinion on the FIRST game and I would like to know how you guys (the people who HAVE played it) to give me yours.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
1st halo + Halo CE = Awsome

:/

Halo 1 is my favorite and i still play it on my PC.

But yeah, 2-3 sucks :/

That is all

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Halo CE was by far the best one. I don't know how many times me and my friends reverted to Halo CE because 2 was being a faggot in mp.  On that note halo online is for fags (generally*), we play it splitscreen, much like Good ol' Goldeneye it's great fun to play with four players.

*- online with friends is good but generally random fucks take it too seriously. ;8 though I suppose this is true of most online games.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 02:54:55 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 89
Halo: Combat Evolved is better than most first person shooters, it introduced many good gameplay elements not seen before in the genre such as storyline, regenerating health, and large-scale vehicular combat. For those of you who think it's cool to not like Halo even if you have never played it
Spoiler for:
Kefka
I recommend you download/buy the first one and beat campaign and try out a few games of LAN. Honestly the later ones may be over-hyped but this one does not deserve all of the hate it gets.

This is my opinion on the FIRST game and I would like to know how you guys (the people who HAVE played it) to give me yours.
i played the first one. i never said i hated the halo series. the only thing you haven't said it that i suck.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
it introduced many good gameplay elements not seen before in the genre such as storyline, regenerating health, and large-scale vehicular combat.

You must be trolling.

Rep:
Level 87
Original Halo is pretty awesome. Custom Edition makes it even better.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
The first is the best out of them, but the best piece of shit is still a piece of shit.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
The first is the best out of them, but the best piece of shit is still a piece of shit.

Quote of truth

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
it introduced many good gameplay elements not seen before in the genre such as storyline, regenerating health, and large-scale vehicular combat.

You must be trolling.
Haw yes in GoldenEye your health regenerates, your whole team can get in vehicles and blast the fuck out of eachother, and story? The first Halo had a great story, it's pieces of shit like 2 and 3 that make it look horrible and cause people to dislike the first one.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Halo CE had great atmosphere, the swamp base level where you first run into the flood was great.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
The first Halo had a great story
Quit trolling man, just knock it off.

Rep:
Level 97
The first Halo had a great story
LOL IT MAKES ME COOL TO NOT LIKE GOOD GAMES RIGHT IM SO REBELLIOUS LOLOLOL
Also I'm not trolling, does this look like The Sewers to you?
You start off on a ship you have just woken up and you are ass deep in a battle with fucking aliens fuck. You spend the first 5 minutes defenseless running through a ship as your friends get murdered like the jews they are. Then you get a pistol with no ammo, so now it's up to you to run through hell bashing your way through midget aliens hopelessly trying to find ammo. Then you actually lose the battle and you are forced to launch an escape pod onto a near by ring known as Halo. So now it's up to you to go find survivors and get your ass off. Sounds easy but the aliens were heading here in the first place so now they are there too. Oh so you spend a few days fighting them off and your best friend the captain gets kidnapped. You go save him and your friend somehow finds himself lost again. Well this time while looking for him you find yourself a bloody suit of marine armor. You playback his last memories to find out that he was ripped to shreds by zombies/parasites known as the flood. But these aren't your typical zombies/parasites. First they start out as cute little bugs that rip your friends to pieces and manifest themselves into their bodies and make your friends who are pretty decent fighters into fucking hulks of organic matter that will lunge themselves at you and rape you.
Spoiler for They look like this:
Oh right did I forget to mention they can still use guns apart from the usual zombie rapage. So now you find out that with the new addition of the flood, the covenant (aliens) are still out to rape you too. NOW its a 3 way war as you set out to destroy Halo and get rid of both the Flood and the Covenant. Well along the way you meet a cute little robot known as Guilty Spark. He is the remainder of a long lost race of aliens known as forerunners, who built Halo. Well Guilty Spark tells you that he can help you destroy Halo, and after calling Cortana (the A.I. in your suit of armor) a bitch, she doesn't trust him anymore. This is good though because what you don't know until towards the end is that if Halo gets destroyed then it sends out signals to all of the other Halo's to activate and destroy the universe by sending The Flood every fucking where. Oh but it's too late and you have already caused Halo to self destruct.  So now you have to get your ass off the ring and right when you do the game ends. I'm not even going to go into the Covenant side because it is so deep it would take an hour to explain. They're basically set to destroy the universe using Halo as part of a religious cleansing, even if it means taking themselves out with it. And in Halo 2 you meet The Arbiter who is like LOL FUCK THAT and joins your side. Around Halo 3 all of the Elites join your side because the Brutes are fages and listen to whatever the Prophets tell them to do.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
lol, The only good part of halo, also i like the novels written about how the hole spartan project started.

Then halo 3 ripped chunks of the novel out to fill in bits to make it looks better :/

Rep:
Level 97
Fall of Reach is badass, I never read The Flood because its basically a novel of the game. And the third one you have to read or you will be what the fucking over Halo 2

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Naw im on 'The Flood' now, and it reads a hell of alot better than the game played the story out.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Sorry, but I still see the story as just "You're fighting aliens, gogogogo".  I fucking hated halo 1, and before it was popular to.

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry, but I still see the story as just "You're fighting aliens, gogogogo".  I fucking hated halo 1, and before it was popular to.
Get out of this thread then you close-minded twat.

Spoiler for:
British insulting yay