RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Adventures of Joseph Tamagotchi 2

Rep:
Level 85
Hi guys, first post here. I've been working on this game for quite some time, but then left it for a few years due to study commitments. Anyway, I've just come back to it, polished it off and released the completed thing online. Hopefully you'll be interested in checking it out. My next project will be in RPGMakerXP.

Anyway, on to the game. it is the result of my first attempt at using RPGMaker 2003, and was created for a senior high school year information technology major assignment.

It is a parody of The Lord of the Rings film trilogy. Set in modern times, it replaces Middle-Earth with my home town and the films' characters with myself and my mates.

This is my first real experience with creating something from scratch, and I wanted to see how well I could re-create and imitate the staples of the Japanese Role-Playing Game genre, whilst adding my own twists to the formula.

Gameplay consists of exploration and interaction with other characters, as well as traditional turn-based combat mixed with some real-time, Legend of Zelda-esque encounters. There is about one hour's worth of playtime.

Download: http://www.danielhindes.net/files/jt2install.zip (155Mb)

Screenshots:

I hope you enjoy it. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-ThePhotoshop

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
this looks pretty good, i'm going to try it XD.