RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Problem W/ GFW And XP

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
So, I borrowed Viva Pinata from a friend and all and got it to work after some troublez.
Now, this is a common problem with Games For Windows thingy (it says so on all sites):- Firewall blocks stuff and the game crashes. The Only way i can play is without saving...which sucks.

Everyone lists the problems but no one lists the solutions.

Roph, help me ;-;
also, i tried many things like updating FW etc.
Arlen is hot.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
How about getting rid of the firewall
:taco: :taco: :taco:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Tried keepig it off, PRINCE.
Arlen is hot.

If it is the windows firewall it should prompt you asking for a new program to be granted access or blocked.

If it does not you can try playing with it off then turning back on after game time at - Start>Settings>Control Panel>
Windows firewall then select off.

If you are using another firewall it should also do that or you can go into the exceptions and add the program and it's executables manually.

Sometimes with windows OFF doesn't really mean "OFF" it means the core executable is but the run time componets that make it work are ON. You have to reboot with off option saved sometimes and or remove the firewall/security run times from
Start>RUN>msconfig under services and startup remove the firewall and it's componets and save. Then possibly install another firewall and security suite.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 12:05:20 PM by mistert »