RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tales of the Drunken Paladin: HOBOTROPOLIS

Rep:
Level 85
Life is as easy as donut or not donut.
So is this a half joke - half serious RPG?
I guess that's one way to look at it.

The game was created for comedic purposes entirely, but as time went on the characters became developed and more human, which lends to moments of gravity. It is also very serious with regards to the nature of its craft; it is a very, very detailed and multifaceted game in any context, and so people who expect to play a "joke game" tend to be taken aback by the level of complexity.

Update: Patch 1.5 is uploaded, and is the latest and potentially final patch for the game until the first expansion is released (fingers crossed).

Thanks to everyone who's played and enjoyed TDP III (which now has over 2,000 downloads total!)

1.5.1 released.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:08:49 AM by Drunken Paladin »

Rep:
Level 85
For all up-to-date Drunken Paladin related information or material, please check out the new web site and forum over at www.drunkenpaladin.com.

Thanks, folks!

Rep:
Level 85
I just wanted to pop by and announce two exciting things:

1. Tales of the Drunken Paladin: Book III won the 2009 "Game of the Year" and "Funniest Game" awards from rpgmakervx.net

If you haven't played the game yet, now is literally THE best time to do so, because not only has the game been improved substantially from its earliest incarnations, but also...

2. Big Trouble in Little China, Maine, the first expansion, is officially due May 1st, in just over a week, and adds several hours of gameplay onto the end of Tales of the Drunken Paladin.

Click HERE for more details on the expansion, and become a fan on the new Facebook HERE.

A few screenshots:

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
This game is the funniest thing I have played in a long time.

Rep:
Level 85
I could have sworn there were other posts in this thread that are now gone.   8)

Just wanted to announce (if I can) that the latest patch, V.1.1.4, is now available.

EDIT: Haha, the expansion post is gone. Maybe... I'll come back later. XD
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:08:46 PM by Drunken Paladin »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
lol, yeah sorry about that. The update to the new SMF 2.0 took us back several days, so a lot of people lost a lot of the last couple posts.

Rep:
Level 85
Hey folks, I'm having a poll for the game's difficulty. So if you've played, and want to toss in your two cents, vote here.

Rep:
Level 85
Whoops!

I have not been looking after my rpgmaker threads! Tales of the Drunken Paladin: Hobotropolis is released (a month ago) and adds over 10 hours of gameplay to the already-impressive 20-25 hours from the first two portions of the game!

I added a couple of new screenshots to the first post, so y'all should check them out. I think you might like this game!  :P