RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sudden major performance drop

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I was once again messing around with my spare PC, this time upgrading it with my old ATi Radeon I had a few years back. After setting everything up, it was running perfectly, even running Devil May Cry 4 fullspeed on high settings.

I switched on my spare today so I could let my brother play with it, but for some reason, games are loading much much slower than usual and Touhou games freeze at the intro, sometimes the music starts to loop. Before switching it on today, I have not touched it since the upgrade.

I have already tried re-installing the said offending games, but it seems like it still is going terribly slow or not working at all.

Is their any reason why this has suddenly happened?

Posted my specs and settings in attachments.

EDIT: It seems to be going fullspeed again now, but all I did was try Devil May Cry 4 again. Any posts that could give me a clue on what caused this would be highly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:43:51 PM by Tezuka »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
all drivers are updated correct?
also did your 'vista rating' go up after the upgrades? and how far up?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
It didn't go up since it rates the PC by the most weak component (apparently the Dual Core LOL).

Yeah, I updated the Catalyst Control Center which WAS out of date, but it didn't do a thing.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
vista

games

major performance drop
bringing sexy back