RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lock this obviously noone gives a crap....

Rep:
Level 87
Spoiler for Story:
The government have began to drain the life source of humanity to fuel magic weapons which were outlawed for destroyingentire contenents. No one knows how they plan to do it but the Government have a secret codename for it "SGX". The government are part of an alliance/ faction called "Quake" the civilians are too scared to rebel because everyone who ever found out  about SGX were murdered and their bodies and every blood relatives were murdered. The only people brave enough to stand up  to them are a terrorist/counter terrorist organization called "Team X" that is all they are known as and their original name is unknown to anyone outside the original owners family who are all dead. The 2 main spots for magic draining are the Fire Cave and the Ice cave both ruled by their respective guardian.

Spoiler for Setting:
It's set in 2078 in a parallel universe.Where the lack of magic has set the planet's technology back to 1200. It's set in Canada and other areas.

Spoiler for Characters:
~~Team X~~

Name: Justin
Nationality: Canadian
Alliance:Team X
Role: Forceful recruit of Team X
Attitude: Nice,Confused
Fear: He fears a lot of things

Name: Cindy
Nationality: Hawaiian
Alliance: Team X
Role: Demolition team of Team X
Attitude: Innocent nice
Fear: She fears many things

Name: Zekiel
Nationality: American
Role: Leader of Team X
Attitude: Mean leader
Fear: No fears

Name: Jock
Nationality: Cuban
Role: Psychotic demolition master mind
Attitude: Insane and funny
Fear: He only fears having no dynamite

Name: Kat
Nationality: Italian
Role: Bad ass technician of Team X
Attitude: mean
Fear: She fears death

Name: Kitsane
Nationality: Unknown
Role: Main warrior of Team X
Attitude: Plain attitude and barely speaks
Fear: He fears nothing

~~Quake~~

Name: Sir. Traken
Nationality: English
Alliance: Quake
Role: Evil dictator
Attitude: Evil and will kill anyone who disagrees with him
Fear: He fears himself dying

Name: Agent. A
Nationality: Unknown
Role: The main agent in the government
Attitude: Plain attitude but will kill you if you oppose him
Fear: No fears

Name: Agents. B-W,Y-Z
Nationality: American
Role: One of the army of the Government
Attitude: Ruthless
Fear: None

Name: Agent. X
Nationality: Canadian
Role: The beautiful elite ninja of the government who lures men into her pressence by her beauty but she then kills them
Attitude: ruthless

Name: Agent. 0-1,000
Ages: 30-50
Nationality:American
Role: The normal soldiers of Quake and no real significance
Attitude: The normal soldier attitude
Fear: normal human fears

Name:SGX
Nationality:Unknown
Alliance:Quake
Role: The thing that is extracting the magic from the earth
Attitude: Unknown

Spoiler for Screenshots:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:21:03 PM by sycosis666 »

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
your story sounds a lot like final fantasy 7 could you elaborate on the storyline?

Rep:
Level 87
I'm aware that the main story sounds like Final Fantasy VII but only the magic draining part. The rest of the story has bugger all to do with ANY Final Fantasy. I'll be adding to the story and adding some screenshots.

Rep:
Level 87
68 views and only 2 replies?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Technically there was only one reply - the other one was your response.

I think it sounds good - I've never played FF7 so I can't make any comment on whether it's similar or not. I don't understand why the lack of magic sets technology back 1300 years, especially considering there is no magic in the real world right now and our technology doesn't seem to be hurting, but I do think that it's cool you are setting it on Earth.

Rep:
Level 87
You pretty much just gave away a plot twist lol. It's set in a paralel universe. Thanks for the support I'll have a screen shot of a map up in a few minutes.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The screenshot is okay - the landmasses are too square, you're missing a wall, and your paths are suspended in mid-air. I think that you could improve the maps dramatically, by adding some randomness to the design, and also add walls all along the path. I'm not a great mapper though - I suggest you post it in the screenshot thread for better feedback.

Rep:
Level 87
I thought the paths looked stupid but it was my first ever trying to do a cave design.

Rep:
Level 87
ANy criticism?