RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Revo's Game Making Tips

Rep:
Level 83
Yes.
Man, I didn't realize how bad I was failing at my game. The database was only about 40% different. I only added stuff, I didn't change the default. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
great list the funny thing is...i do some of that stuff :-\ but i get it now thx  :lol:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Haha! This is a great list, and the planning is really important I think.
Most devs don't wake up in the morning and say "Hey, lets make a new game and just wing it". They plan out with the team and revise and evolve the plot.

I really like making a text file with EVERY little detail and write it in sections with markers where stuff like plot devices are or possible plot devices. Mark any part that needs revising, read and re-read (preferably the entire thing, or anything that relates to that part) until hell freezes over that way you'll know where the plot holes are and can add in more detail. It's also good to write a little bio and summary of the game's character and history so that you can incorporate that into the game adding more (hopefully) depth.

It's also important to believe in your project, it kind of motivates you. If you don't believe in it, why the hell are you wasting you time with it in the first place?  :lol: