RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sanitarium (Old PC Adventure Game)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I just, um, "acquired" this game yesterday, and I was blown away by it. I'm normally not a huge adventure fan, but this game drew me in from the very beginning. Bear in mind that the graphics are dated, since the game came out sometime before the millennium, but they don't bring the game down in any way. The story is pretty awesome, and there are plenty of "wtf?" moments throughout. If you want to try a game that you'll almost assuredly get sucked into, check it out. I played through the whole thing in one night.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Looks like a mix between Diablo with the environment and 7 Days a Stranger with the characters.

Can you upload this? I'm pretty interested already.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I can't upload it because it's 3 discs, and would probably explode my internets. I can however provide the torrent link.

HERE

A strange thing about this game: The game itself is 3 discs, but the install is only 60 megs or so.

Gotta love PC games from the 90's.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
it looks scary is it?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Sorta reminds me of Eternal Darkness. I'm gonna have to get this, thanks!  ;8

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Someone reupload it for moi :-\
The game looks deep!
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Someone reupload it for moi :-\
The game looks deep!

I'll try uploading it if I download it (probably sometime like sunday, monday or a very very slim, chance of tomorrow morning)...but it'll take forever.  ;9

Rep:
Level 85
I tried to play this game when it first came out and my dad bought it, but he kicked me off, saying I was too young(and I really was, I think I wasn't even 10 yet...) But now that you guys have me all reminiscing over watching my dad play it(ok, he wouldn't let me play, but he let me watch... I don't think there's much idfference on the exposure level there...) I think I'll install it and play through. This time, my dad won't fuss about age!

Anyways, I loved this game. And I believe I remember it having a twist ending... like he went back to where he started, or the whole game never happened or something... Darn it, now I really have to play!

Rep:
Level 88
Even I start getting freaked out when our man starts growing extra arms.

I wish I could have played through something like this the whole night. The things it would do to my hypnagogic mind...