RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Vharley- My first game

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Well, I know it's not too good, I'v eonly been working on it for 5 days or so, so... yeah. Made using RpgMaker XP... Well, I suppose I should give you the backstory, which I've been working on for two years now...

The game is right now a very basic game, using the built in graphics and music and such.
Main Story
Spoiler for:

Basically, you play as Jack Vharley, who is a teenage farm boy raised by his grandfather. Once, when he is out in the nearby town, his farm is burned down. He lives with a local Blacksmith, who eventually convinces him the kingdom did all this to him. Some things happen, and Jack is on the run from both the Kingdom of Lotar and the Agency, a shadowy terrorist group seeking to overthrow the kingdom. There is more, but I'm not posting anymore as of now.
Heroes

Spoiler for:
Jack Vharley
A teenage farm boy who finds himself a murderer and an outlaw from both the goverment and the Agency.

Ashley
A street thief from the city of Kineria who joins Jack for some reason that I won't explain.

That's all I have so far, I have been working on this game for two years in my head, but I worke don it as a Zelda type game, but I'm just making it into an RPG, so I will be making some more characters up as I go along.
"Bad Guys"
Spoiler for:
Kinda a wierd section to write since there are no real bad guys in this game, but, anyway.

John Walters

Jack's best friend, who joins the Lotarian army, and thus hunts Jack down throughout the entire game.

Magnum

A shadowy ninja character who is a general in the Agency

Wilkens

The mayor of Vrenal City, the city of the Agency. Former general of the Lotarian army.

Herquin

An old knight like character, part of the Agency who is looking for the duel of his lifetime, and the duelist who will finally be able to best him.

More then this, of course, but yeah.

Well, considering I have only been working on this myself for a few days, I can't really do any of the other sections located in the rules. I have no links to a website (well, maybe my friend's website once I get farther along, but...) no scripts escept for those built into the game, and I have been working on this myself, so I only have myself and enterbrain to thank at the moment.

As for ratings... I suppose maybe T.

And now, I also have a demo; now, mind you, I'm sure it's not very good, so keep that in mind. Or something. Anyway, here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/127436310/Vharley.exe.html

Tell me what you think, and be honest. And sorry if this doesn't apply to the rules, because if it does, please take this down, or something. Ok, thanks...

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Would be nice if you post some screenshots.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
The story sounds a bit like Beneath a Steel Sky, but you should post screenshots and I might take a look at your game.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
The story sounds a bit like Beneath a Steel Sky, but you should post screenshots and I might take a look at your game.
It was a good old game. I'm surprised you knew about it. ;8

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

I bought that game on CD a very long time ago, and it was the best looking game I had ever seen to that point
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

I bought that game on CD a very long time ago, and it was the best looking game I had ever seen to that point
Its still available on the net if you search for abandonware games.

Oh, and sorry Rocksauron this is kinda off-topic