RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Donators

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
alright, we're going to need money to keep this all on a server and up and running, so here's the question.

what kind of rewards should we offer donators?

weapons? armor? items? stat upgrades? custom sprites? membership to a special group with exclusive maps?

should we have a 'member' group for people that do monthly donations?

should we offer donation only once, or offer options of what to get when you donate?

suggestions here

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
alright, we're going to need money to keep this all on a server and up and running, so here's the question.

what kind of rewards should we offer donators?

weapons? armor? items? stat upgrades? custom sprites? membership to a special group with exclusive maps?

should we have a 'member' group for people that do monthly donations?

should we offer donation only once, or offer options of what to get when you donate?

suggestions here

Donator Badges.

Donation Packages, so when you donate a certain amount of money you get a certain pack of stuff.

Generous people should be able to donate whenever they want, not only once.

And maybe some extra game privileges, like their own plot of land or something.
But we have to make sure that this extra stuff doesn't discourage the non-donators though.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
maybe a random box upon donating that gets you a random donator item of a certain level of quality.

higher donation = better item

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
A certain system of the MMO that is only availably to donators, like maybe a pet or something.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
hmm, a pet would be neat, maybe a custom sprite of their own design/choosing

perhaps we should make a list of things, and depending on the donation amount, they get that thing like, for more money you get the custom sprite, for a mediocre amount you get x amount of gold or something.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Methinks there should be common, uncommon, rare, ultra rare and legendary type pets...
Donators should get either a rare, ultra rare or legendary pet upon donating, or a list of special rare weapons they can pick from.
EDIT: Also, the special weapons shouldn't be able to be traded or sold.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Well, the donation items wouldn't beak the game, and could sell for a very very very high sum of moolah.  They could be forcibly equipped, but if unequipped, unable to be re-equipped without meeting base requirements.  That and due to there being no real trading system, people have to do drop trading, which can't be monitored.
there is no official trading system though, and I can't script it, nor does it exists :(

alright, how's this for a donation list.

Donation Amount:
  • n < $5 - Gold equal to the $ you donated times 100 (so $5.00 would get you 5000 gold)
  • $5 < n < $10 - Tier 1 Donation weapon/armor or pet
  • $10 < n < $20 - Tier 2 Donation weapon/armor or pet
  • $20 < n < $35 - Tier 3 Donation weapon/armor or pet
  • n > $35 - Tier 4 Donation weapon/armor or pet, or custom sprite

or something like that

holy crap: http://www.xtremeworlds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3454

edit: I tool'd around their forums for a bit, pets arent possible :(
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 04:05:57 PM by Agito »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
No pets.... :(
It's cool I guess.

I really like the gold idea and donation tiers.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I discussed something with Roph one day.  I'll find the chat log and paste it here so you can read it, okay?

Well... I know that RMRKU is a very long way from being realeased, but... I had this idea. Because I am going to include what I call "tokens", I was thinking that, whenever you are short of money to pay the server bill, I would like to give a few of these tokens to those who donate. But only sometimes, it could make some people want to donate even more.
There would still be other ways to get those tokens, in-game without donating or doing anything like that, but... 
The "tokens", which name I am going to change, are a very rare type of currency that you can get inside the game in several different ways. You can trade them for special items, such as collectibles, a special equipment, etc. These are usually not very powerful, but they can be fun to have. I don't want to make the items only accessible to those who have money, or anything like that.
Since RMRKU is about fun.
As well as RMRK.
I think?
So yeah, that was it.
Do you think it could work?
I was actually thinking about calling them "magic beans" XD.
And I will explain why.
It's a very absurd idea. Because that's the point.
Some things in the Universe of RMRK are like that, very absurd.
Basically, some of these "monsters" are a result of the magic of those beans. There's always the beans, which are like seeds, and that is the original form of these creatures. So before a monster is born, there's that bean. And when it dies, it may return to its original form. But that depends on how it dies, among other things.
Just to make them harder to find.
Beast Masters can use these beans to raise monsters, like farmers.
So that's another use for the beans.
I mean, I WISH I could do this.
The Beast Master part could be hard, so it's just that, an idea. And I invented it just now as I typed the message.
lol...
the end.

There, lol.

But one thing: if we need to keep the server online (which we will need), then the currency could ALWAYS be sold.  That way, we can get some money to support the game.

What do you think?

Also!  Remember that Roph has a VPS with a lot of unused bandwidth.  At least, that's what he always tells me.  So maybe I can convince him of letting us use that bandwidth for the game.  It's really all we need.  The files are still hosted in my computer.  What we need is an IP and a port, which he can provide if he agrees.  If we use a personal computer's IP (like I currently do to host the game while testing) and a port from my router, every time I log the computer off or the connection fails, the game will disconnect.  And if I am going to be at the university, then hosting the game all day would be impossible.  Because, wel...  I'd need to take the laptop with me.  After all, I'll be studying Web Technologies.  I NEED my computer.

There are many good offers in the XW forums, too.  Some people willing to host for very low fees.  I am considering those, too.  And just so you know, if we end up earning more money than it's necessary, that money goes into RMRK's paypal account, for Roph's server bill.

Again, I'll ask this question: what do you think?  :P
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:05:26 PM by Starfish »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
beans wouldn't work
we can't do pets

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I wasn't talking about pets.  ;_;

Beans = name for the special currency.  Certain rare types of monsters are born magically from these beans.  When they are destroyed, they restore their "bean" form.  And you can obtain those beans and use them for different things.  This just explains the origin of the beans and how they can be obtained.
One of the ideas was that, if there was a Beastmaster class, they could bury those beans and water them until a monster came out, and then that monster could fight for you, until it died.  But it was a separate idea.  The rest can easily be done.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah, I was talking about the beastmaster stuff