RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] storage chest

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
I've been looking for a long time for something like the stash from Diablo II. where you can store items and money it it. i've tried making one but it came out a wicked mess. if anyone can help me out  with either a script or event based tutorial, it would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:51:18 PM by BudweezeR »
For all the busted headphones i've had recently... i blame the White Stripes.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
If you want a script or a tutorial, why don't you go into either the script or tutorial section?

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
No event tutorial can do this, it requires some degree of scritping.

Okay well thanks, i'll keep looking.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
With enough variables and common events, you could do this with eventing.
This is a signature.

Yeah but to many would lag the game don't you think? ???

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Not necessarily. It wouldn't be feasible to do it with events. You would need one variable for every item you could possibly possess, in order to track how many of that item is in the chest. You would also have to design a scene for it, which means you would need to be fairly competent with picture eventing. In doing it, you would need a selection algorithm, so there's a few more variables there, and you would also need to competently draw the names of everything, which means you would need to have pictures of every possible item name, as well as a picture of each digit from 0-9. The complications of that alone is a pain. You could only show a maximum of 16 items on the screen at any given time.

If you wanted to avoid Picture eventing, then the number of Show Choice branches would be a huge pain in the ass to do. I mean, you'd have to have a thousand conditions. Eventing this is just not feasible. Especially since it is not a difficult thing to script. I would do it, but I am way behind on everything I have to do.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 10:31:50 PM by modern algebra II »

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
I never said it was smart.  Just possible.
This is a signature.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
something would also have to be done to make the storage chest data be included when you save your game

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's what the variables would be for :P

You could get the number for items the party currently has as a Control Variable command. The variables that I said were required were to track how many of which items were in the Chest.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:41:15 PM by modern algebra II »

Yeah i guess that would work... i'll give all that a try.
Thanks! ;D