RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Do the work for me? We pay : P

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah, this is probably the wrong section... but...

I'm interested in having someone assist me in the creation of a large detailed game. Obviously this will not go un-payed, and we are willing to pay a decent amount of cash on a per-development basis. This game isn't for sale of anything, just something we feel like doing.

The game will most likely require quite a few scripts as the ideas for what the game should and shouldn't have, I doubt can be created without the use of scripts. If someone does in fact decide to work with us on this game, he/she should be responsible for keeping track of all resources, including scripts (For crediting purposes).

Sound fake? No. Look at my posts, I myself tried to do it myself but lack the time and patience to learn the technique's necessary.

If you have any interest or questions about the pay, please message me.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
wrong section of the forums wrong idea. no one will do all the work for you. rethink your game making career by reading some books :D.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
The people who would take this job probably aren't reliable, and the people who would get it done are probably going to look down at you for being unable to do it yourself. Sorry.

Rep:
Level 85
The people who would take this job probably aren't reliable, and the people who would get it done are probably going to look down at you for being unable to do it yourself. Sorry.

Who said I was unable? Didn't you read my post? Or are you just posting here to waste both of our time?

I said I do not have the patience.

And at anchovy:

What in my post made you think that this is a career choice? Please, inform me... I must be crazy, because I'm pretty sure I never said anything of the sort.

Half the people on this forum that make decent games make them for free, why not get payed? If you don't want to do it, don't. And instead of telling me this is the wrong section, how about letting me know why or where the right section would be... I don't see the point of being an asshole on the Internet.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
lol thats not the point.

career: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/career "# One's calling in life; a person's occupation.
# An individual’s work and life roles over their lifespan.
# A jouster's path during a joust."

so your game making career refers to your work in game creation. not your day job.

also

I myself tried to do it myself but lack the time and patience to learn the technique's necessary

that pretty much makes your topic fail. if you dont have the patience to "learn" then why the hell should we have the patience to work for you. also if you lack the time and patience then i think your gonna be a bad project leader. This all sums up to the project will fail.

ask yourself "what part of the development process can i contribute to?".

ooo im an asshole wow. first one to use insults fails we can talk calmly and civily. Look at MY other posts showing how i help quite a lot of people in this forum. find a better insults.

This post should be in "team/tester recruitment". if your not sure search or try the wiki. i just updated the page that informs you about the section of the forums i mention.

your comments to arrow's post also make me laugh
Who said i was unable
err...
I myself tried to do it myself but lack the time and patience to learn the technique's necessary
kinda right there you said it :D

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I love you ahref
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
That pretty much sums it up, & with that kind of attitude, Nobody will want to work for a lazy jerk.

If you don't have the patience & time, then you obviously don't care & neither have the determination for it.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
id love to fax his post to any employer hes having an interview for. Instant application denial :V

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
It would be more plausible if you first learn to be more patient and learn scripting during vacation.
Then you start.

Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
I need what I want but I don't want what I need
dude screw these people I'll do it for you what do you want done
jpeazy

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Wow, sensitive, much? Not only did you flame ahref and I, you flamed one of the oldest members here as well as a top level moderator! Spit on the cop's shoes, why don't you? Tempted to slap you with a one week ban to SHUT YOU UP, but I won't.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Arrow one, forget it, people like that will be failures, & so are those who calls others to "Screw them up" when one is trying to help, they're not even worth it. Just ignore the fools. Specially those who spit on both the laws, women & Anchovies for help.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :tpg: But your an Anchovy for me. lol

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
lol not from tomorrow.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
contact 'west098' on the forum.  He's making this amazing game called 'The Gate of Light'
I'm sure he can help you

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
contact 'west098' on the forum.  He's making this amazing game called 'The Gate of Light'
I'm sure he can help you
also find a member called "cjonlyyou"

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
& Naphe, don't forget Naphe . . .  :P

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008

that pretty much makes your topic fail. if you dont have the patience to "learn" then why the hell should we have the patience to work for you. also if you lack the time and patience then i think your gonna be a bad project leader. This all sums up to the project will fail.

seriously, that should've just ended the whole topic, lol.

even for paying jobs, personally unless you actaully go ask help from someone who is open with a shop for commissions specifically, theres not much to jump ship on, you pay? for what? doing everything? Most of us already have our own games to make.

now then, if you really just carry that over, you want to pay me for making my game? sure, give me the money, I'll have no problem taking it for doing all the work on my game, thats more or less what your offering, think it over.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:56:22 AM by Code Geass »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Money does not equal your name in the credits of an original game.
Skill, time, perseverence and hard work does.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :-\ It's those things that makes it truly something . . . .

dedication . . . & the feeling of accomplishing something to show off & people respecting you & seen as you did it yourself.

& Why Am I still doing this here? Lol

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
& the feeling of accomplishing something to show off & people respecting you & seen as you did it yourself.
Absolutely lol

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
this topic is win

Rep:
Level 90
I don't know about you guys, but I just like helping people rather than talking them down. All he needs is motivation and not bashing. I can make music for you, we can talk about money later. I just want to make something you can be happy with.

Rep:
Level 85
I don't know about you guys, but I just like helping people rather than talking them down. All he needs is motivation and not bashing. I can make music for you, we can talk about money later. I just want to make something you can be happy with.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate you being the only one to reply in this thread and not take everything out of context, but I managed to complete the game myself over a work holiday.

Now...

Quite the discussion you people made of this topic. I simply replied rudely to a sarcastic reply, that's real life. No disrespect to anyone but I never said I wanted credit for the game, the reason I wanted a game in the first place was for a forum I moderate, and I thought it would be nice to have a forum related game the members could enjoy. NOT FOR ME TO TAKE CREDIT ON. I even mentioned that I lacked the time, patience aside I work 6 days a week 12 hours a day... Its hard to be patient.

Thanks for the replies, good or bad, but do yourselves a favor (to those who answered unfavorably) don't judge a situation before you know the whole story. If you would have messaged me for information like I stated in my original message, you would have known exactly what my intentions were... But it's much easier to be an asshole now isn't it =D

Thanks to the ones who did message me and helped me learn as well as gather resources for the game, you guys were great =D

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
:moopost:

Yeah, LOL at how pathetic someone has to be to insult someone for their own misunderstanding.

LOL at that buddy =D It's in fact quite funny

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
He was LOL'ing at you
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
I'm fairly certain he understood that Anski.

Anyway, since you no longer want members for your team, I'll lock this. If you want it reopened, just send me a PM