RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Magic ~A Summer Dream~ (trailer abailable)

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008

forward:
-----------

First off, I'd like to introduce my summer project for, of course, the summer.

This is the first complete collaboration project of Chance, which will be both me and seth, and hopefully in the near future, a writer who has agreed to helping us.

This project will be a RMXP movie, much like the highly successful Nadir's Canon

If you've never watched it before, I highly suggest it, you can download it here

With this project, I am hoping to mimic it's approach, that is, making a real actual movie in RMXP, with a completely different kind of story. It will be much shorter and grander in terms, but it is only a summer project after all.

(click to watch Teaser Trailor)

Story:
--------

Kyo Nagase was led a pretty normal life, his grades were excellent, and he was often called a genius, of course, he still went to school, had friends, and just enjoyed his life living in the fast paced world of Shibuya.

Like most kids his age, he had already set himself with solid dreams and goals. Still only a sophomore in high school, he had found much joy designing fashion. He was great with his hands and made all his cloths, and even outfits for friends.

He was pretty popular, fairly well know, and had good friends.

Yup, life was as good as it could get for Kyo.

But, it's weird don't you think? When anytime a person finds themselves at a high in life, they seem to always suffer some kind of tragedy, unfortunately, Kyo's tragedy was the deaths of his single mother.

It was a tragic act of nature, his mother was bed ridden with a terrible winter sickness, and for several months she was hospitalized, only getting into worse and worse of a condition.

As school came to it's close, his mother had come to her end, she was content with her life, her raising of a bright boy, and did not mind leaving alone.

Without a proper guardian anymore, Kyo's sister Amelia, who had come back to Japan for frequent visits on her mother as well as her passing, decided to take Kyo in and raise him in America, where she lived and worked as a talent agent.

Letting Kyo finish his sophomore year, Amelia headed back to California, LA, and waited for summer to begin.

A few weeks later, the plane landed, Kyo had took the free time he had preparing himself, and learned English as fluently as possible.

As his sister brought him home to her apartment, she told him to simply enjoy himself. She had enrolled him to a school locally, and wanted him to simply enjoy his new longer summer break.

With his dream still intact, Kyo decided to do as he was told, but he would soon meet someone that would truly flip his whole life upside down.

Main Characters:
---------------------

Kyo Nagase (David Lu): 16yrs old, Male
    A bright young boy, Kyo dreams of being a famous clothing designer, suffering a tragic loss of his mother, he refused to live in misery and continues to follow his dream after moving to America.
    Working as a employ at the small but successful custom clothing store called "Magic" in LA, his life takes a sudden turn the day a girl named Vivi entered the store.

Vivian Livadais (Sammy3_14): 16yrs old, Female

Like many other girls her age that lived in Los Angeles, Vivi arrived in Hollywood with a common dream, to be star. She came with her own will and is a extremely talented singer and performer. However, her real talent was more trouble some than most people can ever imagine.
    A very stubborn girl, Vivi can be quiet sarcastic. She's bent on her dream, but also has a very stubborn pride concerning her heritage which eventually causes more trouble than one can keep track of.

Amelia Nagase (No voice actor yet): 23yrs old, Female
    Kyo's older sister, after graduating from high school, she transfered to California for college, after graduating, she decided to become a talent agent. She works for a minor company, and is very talented, plus drives a very shiny company car.
    An very fun loving woman, she enjoys beer but hates the smell of smoke, she knows how to be professional when the time calls and can let lose to have more fun than most people her age.

Gabriel Lionheart (Markus): 28yrs old, Male
    The owner of the custom clothing store, "Magic". He's a talented genius in all fields of both designing and making cloths. Though he is very popular, he has never decided to buy up a bigger store and expand his buisness, but with the increasing amount of buisness, he eventually decided to put up a help wanted sign.

Tabatha Rays (Markus): 26yrs old, Female

A math teacher at Kyo and vivian's school, Miss Tabatha is a strong and caring independent woman. She teaches several math classes and can make the hardest equations seem easy to understand.
    At times however, she can be quite over caring, and enjoys feeling herself into her student's lives, unofficially becoming the students' counselor.

Recruitment:
----------------

Voice actors:
    Male or female, no experience needed, only something to record with.

Artists:
    Any help in this department is appreciated.

Sound Manager:
    VERY IMPORTANT, looking for someone who can find/make various sound effects. Ex. airplanes, cars, streets, cats, cooking, etc etc.

Credits:
----------
Story and Directing: Monkeydlu
Mapping and music editing: Sithlord999
Co-Writing and Scenario Plotting: Caro Ru Lushe
Custom Message Script: Behemoth
Project Logo: Hanzo Kimura
Additional help and special thanks: ThePhantom

Voices:
---------
Kyo: David (Monkeydlu)
Vivian: Sam (Sammy3_14)
Gabriel: Markus (Elf Wind)

Others: ThePhantom, Sithlord999, Nessiah, Kevin Q.

Songs:
---------
We Will Be Friends (Theme): Lazy Town
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:33:11 AM by Code Geass »

Rep:
Level 87
The one who shot the sheriff AND the deputy!
Project of the Month winner for June 2008Project of the Month winner for May 2008
We Will Be Friends (Theme): Funky Town
I thought it was Lazy Town...XD

Nice to see the logo. Looks awesome! lol I should be able to contact you on AIM tomorrow evening sometime when I get home from Indiana. This connection I'm on is just awful... :P

EDIT: You should probably change the "music arrangements" beside my name to "music editor". lol
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 07:58:47 PM by sithlord999 »
I SUPPORT:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
This looks pretty cool.

I can do voice acting for you if you'd like.
I have a mic and am willing to give it a shot.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
lol XD oops and hurry back, I'm bored as hell these days x.x I finished watching up till eps10 of code geass R2 and omg, now I'm going to die waiting for the eps to air >_>

and Of course Namkcor! :D that'd be serious help, I'll pm you details later, but yeah, the more voice actors available the better, recording should start by next weekend.

edit-

and also, since there should always be screenies, heres one of the trailor:

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 08:39:23 PM by monkeydlu »

Rep:
Level 85
I love it and alsome summer game.
//img146.imageshack.us/img146/5391/ubd5282fs3vb6.png

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I can do voice acting and sound design.

Rep:
Level 87
thanks west, I enjoyed making the trailor :D

and Dertt, that be great!!

Alright, can you make some sounds for cars, just like a city stree filled with cars, the sound of a car pulling to a stop, and also, some air plane sounds or the sounds busy sounds of a airport, like all the intercomes dongs and stuff.

I want to use the audio part of the movie as greatly as possible XD

Rep:
Level 85
i have a queston did u even use sprites in this game if so can imake some fur u plz  ;D ;D ;D
//img146.imageshack.us/img146/5391/ubd5282fs3vb6.png

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, spriting help would be cool as well! :D

it's going to be a rmxp movie, I'm not decided if it'll be using rtp templates yet though, so just be on call XD the more help the better.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Definitely an excellent and productive way to spend summer vacations. ;8
Cool trailer, by the way.

Good Luck, monkeydlu.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
yup XD

btw, I entered the intro into a contest, vote for me if you get the chance! XD (becuase some people there hate me and I think I might lose becuase of them)

http://www.galanovagames.com/community/showthread.php?p=10916#post10916

lol, anyways, I'm just waiting for seth to get back, but I'm working on the story detail as I go along, it'll more or less be a romantic comedy ;D

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
This looks promising.

Just promise me you will keep your imagination on the straight and narrow. *cough*H*cough*

:tpg:

Rep:
Level 87
I would never >_> lol

I'm doing the drawings myself, I might hire some help, but yeah, this'll be like rated pg13 or OT, love comedy ya know XD

Rep:
Level 87
updated first post with more solid character profiles.

Also, a huge thanks to Behemoth for the message script XD

A welcome to Elf for being solidly hired for both two major roles (one which won't be released yet) as well as being hired for many supporting and lesser characters to come.

Also a welcome to both Southerland and Alvesta (Nessiah) for jumping on board with this project as both a voice actor and being willing to help me with the illustrations, which will be a huge help once all the concepts are done.

Thanks to Sammy, J-10, Agito, Derrt, and Seth for agreeing to be voice actors, still need those voice samples XD

lastly, updated with the concept art area, still wrapping everything up, Vivi's costume has been approved by my editor, Caro, but I'm still waiting on Sammy's voice sample so I can better design her :3

Sorry for being camera taken pictures, still in concept stage so can't be bothered to go to the scanner.

anyways, a shout out to Code Geass being the greatest anime that ever existed, seriously, watch it XD

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Does it matter what type of accent we have?

Rep:
Level 87
none at all :D

as long as you can record it pretty clearly, I'm happy to receive it XD

but really, accents are a good thing becuase I can create more diverse characters that way ^_^

Rep:
Level 87
The voice actor for Viv has been decided! Sammy6_14 XD

alright, also, I finished after 2 failed attempts making a costume design for Kyo that I somewhat like

Kyo Detailed Initial Design

Finished the opening scene script, as well as picking out a few sound track songs, at least the ones that'll be used in the first scene anyways.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks pretty cool. I realize this is a huge necro, but I never noticed this thread when it was created and I was wondering how this project was advancing.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Yeah, i kind of liked the idea, hope he didn't give up on it ;_;

Rep:
Level 87
nah, it's mainly on hold for the lack of any premanent help, especially voice actors, I've got one solid person helping me with that, Elf, but I really need a female voice as well.

But atm the more important thing is the art, and I've been working on that.

You can check my DA for updates on that

Also I updated the trailor to be put on youtube.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:36:38 AM by Code Geass »

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
You know, I have a mic and would be willing to voice act, but I have a pretty strange voice...
>.>

Rep:
Level 87
I'd love to get a sample though, that'd be great XD

Don't worry, none of us have perfect voices x.x Sammy's and Nessiah's are my two female voices right now, but seth says he can help them pick up the slack with some rendering, but having one more would be great, really >_>

fell free to pm me anything if your interested :)