RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shapeshifters RPG

Rep:
Level 85
Scooby dooby doo
Shapeshifters RPG

This is a RPG that I came up with a year ago. I actually made it, well got close to finishing it. The reason I don't have that version or w/e is because it was on a computer I used when I was on vacation in Maryland last summer. It was a Windows 2000 computer with no internet. It was in the room I was staying in. I was in a house with people over the age of 70. :/ As you can see it was no fun, well kind of. So I spent my time on that computer making the RPG on RMXP.
Well of course I lost my work because I came home after the vacation. Well, I'm recreating it a little different on RMVX. It's going along great.

Story:
Spoiler for:
50 Million years ago there was a war between Gods, they were Light and some were Dark, they had they're fair differences and due to these differences they had disputes and conflicts. The dark Gods came up with a spiritual resources called Magi. They used the Magi and practiced a art called Shapeshifting. The Dark Gods used this Magi and Shapeshifting to overcome the Light Gods. Around 45 Million years later, close to the modern age, there were Eurean monks who practiced shapeshifting in a dungeon in the sky. The Empire eventually discovered the dungeon in the sky and burned the monks in flames. These monk's spirits dwelled there since. In present times, a boy was grown with the special and VERY unique capability to use the Magi, since it was banned by the Empire, nobody cared to even discover this, since they would get tortured for supporting such a forbidden art. Eventually the boy grows up. The story starts where the boy is in a strange area in the fragment of space. He's confronted by the spiritual renditions of the monks of Eurean and medieval ages. These renditions and the Priest of Lathern help the man, they wish to overcome the Empire, you could call them a Rebellion of some sort. They will find and go through adventures and find companions to fight with. They plan to bring back the use of Magi and legalize it. And keep peace.

Characters:
Spoiler for:
??????? (You)
Hometown: Maranda
Bio: He's carefree, willing to take on challenges.

This is all pretty unfinished, please feel free to come up with ideas.

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:
Make sure to check back soon. I will have them.

Overall Statistics:
Story 45%
Mapping 35%
Animation ??%
Battlers ??%
Everything Else ??%

Overall: 20%

The reason some of those are undetermined is because I have created my own Battlers and Animations
with they're own images. And I want to go far with being original, meaning my own content.
So just because they're undetermined basically means they're unlimited.  I don't know how far I am.

*Brain Fart*

Ok, well you guys might not care too much because there aren't screenshots. But there will be.
And I'm thinking of releasing a demo of the current alpha stage.

You're going to see similarites between this and Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES. That's because I just got done playing a bunch of FF3, I'm not done with it though. Things like Maranda, where Locke's hometown was, I think. Lol. And also the War of the Magi, was a big thing in FF3.

Rep:
Level 85
C is for Cereal! Thats good enough for me! :)
hehe, I thought I knew Maranda from somewhere! FF3 is, to me, the best Final Fantasy there is! :D I love that game so much I have beaten it a few times, from start to finish, lol. Anyways, shapeshifting? Does that mean the main char will be able to shapeshift? and most likely will there be others to help him on his quest? Also what will he be able to shapeshift into if he can? xD

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Good luck on developing the game, Scooby.
Try not to be over-ambitious and keep working on it frequently.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
Scooby dooby doo
Haha, yes the main character might be able to shapeshift. In fact, the player will have to visit people who can offer different forms to shapeshift in. The forms will change the player's MP/HP/ATK/DEF. You get the idea. Also, it will chance the player's sprite. So it's more realistic, but in battle, other than the ATK/DEF/STR/HP/MP changes, there will not be any special spells. As in FF3 :D, I'm at the point where I guess you partner up with the Emporer and go to the uhh, I forgot... the summons. They're always called something different in different Final Fantasys -.- .

And Leviathan, I will be working today on it. I'm at my dad's house at the moment :/.
But yeah, As a promised, there will be screenshots up today.