RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Rose of Anima (Working Title) [Cancelled due to not caring]

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
Rose of Anima (Working Title)

Intro

Essentially, this is a project to help my skills, that I felt like sharing with you all (sorry for the inconvenience :lol:). This will also allow you all to give me some constructive criticism and what you think about it as a whole. The story is a bit choppy and rushed through because this is primarily for my game making skills, not my writing skills, as I already have those. 8)

Story

Spoiler for:
The story, if you couldn't tell already, is about a rose with mystical powers (:3). A legend of a rose, that has been passed down from generation to generation in the very small town of Auris, says that whoever reaches the rose and inhales its fragrance is changed. These changes can be highly noticeable, such as a transformation into something completely different or they can be completely unnoticeable, and even for some, nothing happens. Many have tried to reach the rose, though none have made it through the treacherous Cave of Anima (located in the Anima Isles :3), whether they were strong enough to reach the flower's eternally doomed guardian or not.

The two main heroes battle through the cave and reach the mythic rose. The man that made it all possible was transformed into a hooded creature with a scythe. Nothing happened to the heroes; that could be seen that is. Now they must seek out and destroy their demented partner before he attempts his world dominion.

Characters

Spoiler for:

Zaire
Class: Dark Knight
His past is unknown, and I don't really feel like giving him one. :3

Rayner
Class: Holy Knight
His father was killed trying to reach the rose. He is Zaire's best friend.

Zeru
He is the partner you hear about in the story.

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

Auris

Some annoying pirate in every town.

A tunnel and the first area with enemies. Caves and such are my worst areas in mapping in VX in my opinion.

Battle

Title Screen

Features

Spoiler for:
  • Sideview Battle System by RPG Tankentai (translated by Kylock) with various addons
  • Light Effects VX by Kylock
  • Neo Face System by Woratana
  • Basic Menu Plus by Moghunter
  • Fogs by Hevendor
  • Scene Title Miria by Moghunter

So, yeah, I think that about covers it. I should have a demo up in a few days, or whenever I get around to it, seeing as I'm gonna be fairly busy this upcoming week.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 03:57:56 AM by Starfyre »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Nice choice of scripts.
Good luck, Starfyre.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
I have added a screenshot of the title screen, which I'm using Screen Title Miria script for. I may use the location name script as well, but I'm not quite sure I want to yet.

Also, I will hopefully get a demo that will take you through the prologue, I guess you could call it.

Rep:
Level 85
not to be mean but the person you are useing for the main charecters best friend is a girl...... ???
//img146.imageshack.us/img146/5391/ubd5282fs3vb6.png

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
not to be mean but the person you are useing for the main charecters best friend is a girl...... ???

One: That particular rtp face looks ambiguous, so it can be used as either a man or a woman
Two: Seeing as this is now an abandoned game, I really don't think Starfyre cares.