RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rabid Mac fanboys vs. Rabid Windows fanboys (oh, and BOE, too)

Rep:
Level 89
Once again IT ISN'T ABOUT WHICH IS BETTER< BECAUSE THAT'S A DEBATE NEITHER SIDE IS GOING TO WIN. It depends on which works better for YOU. You should stick to Linux since you can't figure out how to open calculator.

And I doubt you were using Leopard.

i wasn't i was using Mac OSX not leopard

Linux is extremely complicated...
since the system32 for linux isn't real.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:37:32 PM by Kefka »

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
well one good thing came out of this topic. black box. looks cool although me download later

seriously are there any performance graphs for all 3 oses xp,mac,linux i wanna see how they compare in terms of performance :D

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Once again IT ISN'T ABOUT WHICH IS BETTER< BECAUSE THAT'S A DEBATE NEITHER SIDE IS GOING TO WIN. It depends on which works better for YOU. You should stick to Linux since you can't figure out how to open calculator.

Leopard is a version of OS X.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Okay, I tried this blackbox thing.

I opened TabIt. Then I clicked the tiny button to switch over the beta. Now Tabit's in Beta...?
I switched over the Gamma. TabIt's still up.
I switched over the Delta. TabIt's still up.
I switched over to alpha again. TabIt vanishes.
It's not in Beta. It's not in Gamma. Oh, it ... stayed in Delta?
NO! Because when I click it, it disappears!
... I click the bar at the bottom and it pops back up. I click on the window POOF gone again.

What the hell?

It took me like 20 seconds to figure out how to close it. Plus my desktop icons are background image are gone...

And how do you turn it off?

There is a small round button on the right side, clicking it separates your windows to alpha beta gamma, ect. Double clicking a window sends it to another desktop.

To turn it off, right click and go to BlackBox and select quit.

It takes a little bit of getting used to, it's not that confusing.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 89

I was using OSX thats what its called.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X#Versions

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Macs do have physical turn off buttons, what the hell are you talking about?
Also, OSX does have the equivalent to ctrl+alt+delete, where you can force quit unresponsive programs.
My Mac is very fast.

I couldn't understand anything else you typed.

At school, they had some mac laptops. When they crashed (Lol macs never crash. :V ) pushing the power button wouldn't do anything. To restart them, we would have to open the case and remove the battery. ~_~
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X#Versions
idk anymore its the operating system on the eMac

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Macs do have physical turn off buttons, what the hell are you talking about?
Also, OSX does have the equivalent to ctrl+alt+delete, where you can force quit unresponsive programs.
My Mac is very fast.

I couldn't understand anything else you typed.

At school, they had some mac laptops. When they crashed (Lol macs never crash. :V ) pushing the power button wouldn't do anything. To restart them, we would have to open the case and remove the battery. ~_~
Did you try holding the power button in?

If that doesn't work, then yeah, unplug the battery. I had to do the same thing with my Dell laptop every now and then. Actually, a lot. Because it crashed, a lot.

(P.S. I never said Macs never crash. I just said mine hasn't, yet. Read, comprehend, post.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:38:04 PM by Hei »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I use my PC for gaming. If I wasn't a pc gamer I would have gone macfag years ago.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Also Arlen, if you need help with bb,

http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean/docs/bblean.htm

All the controls and more

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I use my PC for gaming. If I wasn't a pc gamer I would have gone macfag years ago.

BUT YOU CAN GET YOUR MAC AND THEN RUN WINDOWS ON IT
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96

BUT YOU CAN GET YOUR MAC AND THEN RUN WINDOWS ON IT

I MEANT THE OS NOT THE MACHINE
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 102
There's really no sense in getting a Mac if you plan to be gaming on it, unless you already have a gaming machine.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
does a mac have solitare installed by default :D.

Rep:
Level 96
No, it comes with chess. :lol:

Rep:
Level 102
Vista has a ripoff similar chess game.

Rep:
Level 96
My Mac also came with Checkers, Reversi, Mancala, Backgammon, 4-in-a-Row and Tic-Tac-Toe.

Rep:
Level 98
As if 3D Chess was totally Mac's idea

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
omg yay :D. ive seen methods and heard stories about howeasy it is to copy software from a mac. this woman on a tv program strapped a removeable hard drive to her side passed the cable down her side and out her sleeve.

she walked into the mac store plugged in her usb and dragged the programs over

dont they put security on these things?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
omg yay :D. ive seen methods and heard stories about howeasy it is to copy software from a mac. this woman on a tv program strapped a removeable hard drive to her side passed the cable down her side and out her sleeve.

she walked into the mac store plugged in her usb and dragged the programs over

dont they put security on these things?
Now I'm tempted to do it.  ;8
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 96
90% of my software is either pirated from the internet, or stolen directly from the Macs in the music lab.

Yet another reason why I love Macs. :3

Rep:
Level 102
Apple trusts it's users, at least for now. They don't require activation for Leopard. You're only allowed to install Leopard on one machine from the disk, but they have nothing to stop you from installing it on multiple Macs.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
why do people fight over this?
It's really stupid.

I LIEK MAC IT'S BETTER
NO WINDOZE IS BETTER CUZ IT CAN DO EVERYTHING MAC CAN

it's like fighting over which color is better, red or blue

it'll get nobody anywhere and it's 90% opinionated

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon