RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Is there any way to.............

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Make it so that the things you do effect the storyline and who you get........? I want to make a meter that shows if what you have done is good or bad....... Such as: Breaking a convict out of jail is obviously a bad thing, so the scale would be tipped towards bad, the shady and evil characters will join you, but the good characters will attack you..... Or if you have beaten a boss, and it wants you to kill it for losing......... Sparing it's life will make it see the error of it's ways, join you and tip the scale to good, but killing it will do the opposite...... Also, there would be 2 endings for the game, one for each.......

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
The only way I personally could think of doing it is through variables.  Set the variable to 50 to begin, and then have positive actions add one to the variable, and negative actions take away.  For events and such, either set the conditions or use a conditional branch that says if Variable: alignment (or whatever you name it) is more than 50, Event 1 happens.  If Variable:alignment is less than 50, Event 2 occurs.  If Variable: alignment is exactly 50, event 3 happens (Neutral characters would react differently to situations than good or evil characters.

For the meter you referred to, use a bunch of pictures and branches, all on a common event.

If you want, I can try to throw together a mock-up event system.
This is a signature.