RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
*RESOLVED* Failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTitles server

Rep:
Level 88
I keep getting this whenever I start up RMXP. How do I fix it? I have Windows Vista, if that helps
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:46:36 AM by Shadow Phoenix »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
if you have an internet connection it should work
vista might be the issue, try running it in XP compatibility mode, giving yourself full admin privelages.  Oh yes, and make sure your firewall isn't blocking it

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 86
I had the same problem, and I can't figure out how to use the XP compatability, however, one neat little trick, is right click, and select "run as administrator", hope that helps

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
It doesn't particularl matter, but to run in XP compatibility, you right click and go to properties.  Go to the compatibility tab (middle one) and click the check next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then choose XP.  You also have to click the little "Run this Program as an Administrator.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 86
:) oooh, ok, thats cool, I could never figure out what people ment when they said XP compatability mode. Thanks.... I just use the run as admin option, but... its good to know how to do that. Thanks

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?

Rep:
Level 88
The comp vista is on is an Acer, so it has different options from the average windows. As such, I am having troubles finding compatibility modes and administrator modes

EDIT: ...When did RMXP require that we buy it? What the hell happened? I want my free program, damnit! Also, managed to get to the compatibility wizard

EDIT 2.0: ...RMXP PK Was illegal? Huh. Well, one last thing before this will be resolved:

Will games made in RMXP PK be fixed or able to be opened in RMXP? If so, then I will be using RMXP PK until I have the money to get the legal version

EDIT 3.0: ...If I can even find it. Help?

EDIT 4.0: ...Nevermind XP *resolved*
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:46:18 AM by Shadow Phoenix »