RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Redwyn's Stories, Poems, and other writing works.

Rep:
Level 87
Heyo! I decided to make a new topic for myself containing all my writing works, I'll update it periodically, and I hope some of you enjoy my work.

Stories:

Never Forget:
Spoiler for:
"Never Forget...."

"We never wanted to do this...."

"Everything that has happened....to us. It's all your fault...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in a scare, clutching my forehead while my skinny body poured out cold, freezing sweat. Every single night, no matter where I am, or when I sleep, I always hear the terrifying voices in my head.... Every night, the same thing happens over and over again.... Past memories flashing through my head, the images I've been trying to delete from my mind for several days.

Despite waking up to the horrible realization of knowing that I will never forget what happened, I pulled the wool cover off of my body and stood up from the cold, hard ground. Right now I am currently sleeping in the floor of an abandoned house, though I will not stay here for another day longer, I have to be on the move again.

Next, after stretching my aching body, I start to put on the clothes laying on the floor next to me. First I pulled on my raven colored pants, after that I picked up my sash that used to be snow white until I had to go on the move, which caused it to become torn. Tying the sash to my waist, I pick up my white sweatshirt and pull on my midnight-black trench coat.

Looking outside the window of the house, I see the sun start to rise in the east. Knowing the time to move, as always, I step out of the house and look across the street located in this empty town. After seeing no sign of life on the road, I start to run towards the forest nearby, outside of the town. I can't go near the town, it's too dangerous.

I ran through the forest, at least for fifteen minutes, away from the sun. I have no particular place to go, but I have to keep moving. Still running through a small road in the forest, I notice something is wrong. I haven't seen one sign on animals or insects anywhere in this forest.... All around Earth the animals and insects survived.

Panicking, I start to run without direction, though this becomes my first mistake. Because of my wild running, I don't pay attention to my surroundings. I looked back to see if anything was chasing me, and when I looked forward I tripped over a small stump, and the next thing I realized was that I was rolling down a small hill, but it soon ended with my head going in to a tree.

"Why did you have to be so greedy...."

"Fool! Why did you set them free...."

"You.... All because of you, we're going to die."

Once more, I begin to dream. I see an image of a young, beautiful and captivating woman smiling, I know in my mind that the woman is my wife. In her arms is a small bundle, which happens to be my baby son. These images feel me with a sense of warm peace, a feeling of love is pulling at my very soul.... But this is soon to end.

The images fade away from my mind, causing me to feel cold and empty.... The next thing I know, I'm standing in front of a large gate.... I turn my head to see my friends running towards me from the distance, yelling indescribable words at me.... I then turn back around towards the gate, and slowly place my right hand on it, causing it to open. No sound. Every thing is black.

Disturbing images follow a long pause of darkness.... I'm running, behind me lies the bodies of my friends being devoured by dark creatures with eerie, piercing white eyes. The next image shows me walking in to a town with bodies that have no skin, heads with no eyes.... A creature perched on top of the bell tower of the town.

I ran for my life, rarely stopping near civilization after a few days for already knowing "they" would be there.... In my dream, I continue to run for what seems like an eternity, until I stop, and fall to my knees. I know my wife and child are gone.... Even if I don't want to accept, here they were.... Right in front of me.... Gone.

I see a shadow watching me from the fire place, it can't come out right now.... Not at this hour. I scream, yell, and curse at the shadow, it does nothing. Realizing that the certain hour of twilight is almost up, I run once more, yet I don't know why.... I have nothing to live for anymore. All I can do is run, hide.... Live.

Slowly waking back up to reality, I wonder where I am as I stand up like a man who has a hang over does. I shake my head and rub my eyes, closing them for just a few seconds, and I take a few steps forward. My foot crushes a small twig in to two pieces, and I open my eyes in horror. Right now, the forest is submerged in pure darkness.

I start to panic once more, but before I even move I scream in horror. Everywhere, surrounding me, are the dark shadows with their horrible white eyes.... All around me, I have no where to run or escape to. Crying out in frustration, I fall to my knees.... There is no point to run anymore, I'm too tired.... I will just accept my fate.

.....My name is Markus Wilds, and even in death I will never....
Forget that I....
Caused the extinction of the human race.

Poems:

Dedicated Love:
Spoiler for:
At the morning break of dawn I wake.
In the glittering evening I break.
In the mist of twilight I cry;
For you are the only one that I have wanted.

We share each others pain, slowly in the rain.
Though I feel that one day we will break.
I will stand here by you, until I crumble.
So please my love, why won't you see....
That you are hurting me....

Just For You:
Spoiler for:
I won't drown, because of you.
I won't cry, in front of you.
I won't hurt, when your around.
I need to be strong, all for you.

I won't drown, hurt or cry.
In the midst of your presence.
To cast aside my feelings....
Is the only way....
To not harm you.

If I Never:
Spoiler for:
If I never said those words, would you show a non strangled smile?
If I never shown I cared, would your life be happier?
If I said I don't love you anymore.... Would you rejoice or cry?

I shouldn't have said my feelings, even if they were strong.
Seeing you this way makes me feel wrong....
I wish every day now, when my head is down;
That I never expressed my feelings to you.

It just kills me inside, that I see you like you are.
This is just another reason for me to hate myself....
But, how can I stop loving you when your almost like me.

I'm attracted to people's pain, because I've felt my own.
I wish to make you happy.... But this wish is just making it worse.
If I didn't mess up my chance.... Asked too early....
Would this have never happened?

I don't know why I gave you those today....
I knew in my mind that I should have added:
"Burn them or throw them away, I have no use for them."
But I did not, and I didn't see them in your hands as you walked away.

Today I feel like dying, but what would that accomplish?
Even in all this pain.....
I'll stand my ground.....
While my tears stain this paper.

Philosophy

What I Believe To Be The Meaning Of Life:
Spoiler for:
"What exactly is the meaning of life?" This is a question nearly every person asks in their life. It is a question without an answer that will never be fully grasped, but we can each have a different sense of what the meaning is.

Life is a mysterious thing, how it came to be, we will never know. "What gave birth to the creator of life?", "What created the universe, and who created the maker of that?", "Was it all just....There?" Questions such as these are all part of natural life.

For me, I believe the meaning of life to be several things. For one, I like to think that whoever created us wanted us to feel the pain, love, and joy which is found throughout life, as it once did or can not do.

Life will always have it's ups and downs for everyone, no one is exempt from it, but the moments of happiness that occur makes all the pain in life worth while. Life may be short for some, and long for others, but the chance for happiness makes life meaningful.

Whatever created us gave us free will, and what we do with it each gives us our own meaning of life. We may all be wrong, but it is our free will to believe what we want to. These thoughts are just my own and what I believe.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:02:40 AM by boe »

Rep:
Level 87
In the end, we realize our insignificance.
Great work! My favourite one is the last one because it's a simple question that leaves everyone asking! The meaning of life... I don't believe in a god(s) or a 'creator'. So with out someone,  or something, in charge to follow, there really is no meaning. I think we need to stop trying to find a meaning and just accept were here by chance.

ALSO
On the subject of 'free will', There is NO free will. Anything and everything we do is influenced by someone or something. Our likes, dislikes, loves and hates. What we find as 'painful' someone else will find joyful. It's really how you were raised. I could go on and on about this meaningless stuff for hours, so 'm going to cut myself off here! ;8
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 05:15:52 AM by MagicNinja »