RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
SHIT

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

FURRY 4 LIFE. Here kitty kitty kitty....
Rep:
Level 87
although i can't approve of the topic title, i have to agree, this section is not the place for this argument.
"screaming out the mating call. i've become the lord of love"

caramelldansen forever!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Yeah but the key is it's INSIDE your tower/lappy you can't see that it is dirty until you open it -.-

who said that? side view panels anyone? I can dust my computer in under 1 min no problem.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Also a meter which measures electrical flow in multiple ways is handy.
Expensive...Borrow one? you could actually set the meter to resistence/capacitence<(some have cap. plugs just for caps.)
And measure all the caps then compare the results to the number it is supposed on the cap and replace which ones popped.

Sometimes a popped cap from too much heat or power or reversed polaritys can actually shoot up like pellet gun or something if it doesn't have a hole in top.

Cheaper very cheaper caps are inexpensive especially commonly used ones. But a meter if you don't know an electrician or related person is not.

some motherboards can show all that information from the operating system.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_esa.html

I can do almost everything I could in the bios, from vista using that. Though of course you need specific hardware to do so. (and doing stuff in the bios is always better I assume)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Uh atemu you do know the pics are of INSIDE a power supply unit, right?

Nice try mattsaysurmom, but that's nothing to do with it.

This is why it blew: http://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=4

A: No I let the dust gather and coagulate on the cpu fan and vents+shell until i get system performence errors or failures like everyone else. I clean cpu fan and vents+shell every 3-4 months or check and see if it is dirty.

Nice, except my CPU fan, vents and shell (lol shell) are all pretty clean too.

Dirt and dust coagulated tends to Retain heat which can burn/fail componets that provide capacitence and resistence to electricity and or melt then cross positive and negative componets which is what that POP probably was. At least you were around and there for it. Hopefully a circuit breaker is between your comp and the wall or it could of been WORSE. You would be calling smokey the bear for back up.

See link again, nothing to do with it. You sound like a student fresh out of an IT class.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:53:06 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
Uh atemu you do know the pics are of INSIDE a power supply unit, right?

Last I checked, a power supply had vents in it that you could get a nozzle for a can of air in and blow out the insides through the other vents.  Just don't inhale.  Trust me.

Rep:
Level 89
Nice try mattsaysurmom, but that's nothing to do with it.
Boe hasn't cleaned his comp since he got it.
Thats 12-18 months ago.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
when theres physical damage of the extent roph showed to a component it has to be more then just dust.

roph is also right though powersupplys are kinda tricky to poke around in and clean.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I never clean the inside because I don't know how to do it safely.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
leaving the dust in there might be good. The electricity will bring the cells in the dust back to life and turn your pc into a human offshoot from you. Using your dead cells. EWW!