RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Can someone make a mining tutorial?

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
i want a mine where you have a certain amount of time to collect gold from rocks scattered throughout, and falling rocks that make you lose gold

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
I'd certainly be curious as to how you accomplished the falling rock and remaining holes...

Thanx Kipe, I'll read through it today...

I've been using more and more events, specifically with switches and variables, and I gotta say, it certainly can do quite a bit.  I should probably look into scripting some too as well...

One thing, since your tutorial centers on events, may I ask an Event question?  The Options on the bottom left, Move Animation, Stop Animation, Direction Fix, Through, and Always on Top?  Do you know, or know of a good tutorial that explains these options, what they are, and what they're used for?

Thanx!!

Thank you.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
Woah, woah.

Move Animation: If this box is checked the event will cycle through it's movement animation regardless of whether it's stationary or not.

Stop Animation: If this box it checked the event won't cycle through it's movement animation regardless of whether it's moving or not.

If Move animation is checked, the event goes through the character sheet only when it moves.
If stop animation is checked, the event cycles through the current row regardless of motion.
This is a signature.