RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Awakening (<= Working title) Recruitment

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
I am recruiting for my new VX game, Awakening. I've just begun it, so there are only about 20 to 30 maps so far. This is a serious, project, but goofing off =  ;D. As long as you can get some work done, mind you.

I (we?) need a bit of everything actually.

Scripter

Spriter

Eventer (unless scripter does it...)

Mapper

Storyboard (AKA Writer)

Database Editor

Testers (Later)

Some Info  :o

It's set in a world called something I don't know yet, though I plan to call a continent of the world Manheim (for no specific reason).

There are 24 maps so far, and I'm not done with the first town yet. 7 of the maps are for the Ultimate Dungeon (a 500x500 randomly generated dungeon for late in the game - with 7 floors :P).

Features it will include:

Dragon Egg hatching and petting (which grows into a Titanic Sized Powerhouse!!)
Having other pets
A plant system which allows you to water a plant and care for it (nearly done with simple version of this...)
Fishing
Swimming (maybe)
Sailing (maybe)
Custom Menu
Custom Battle System
A repair system w/ durability and which allows the repairing of specific items (eg. boots only).
Many armour slots
        /\
        || 
More to come!

Characters:

Trate
Main Character, Thief
   -Seventeen years old, he is still a child. He has forever dreamt of meeting his father, who left him and his mother before he was born. Trate is a short fellow, with black hair and a long scar on the side of his head. He is quick, yet cannot read, though he is seventeen years old. He was born in a crappy town in Clintonia (might chance the name) and his mother took him with her when his father left, to Manheim, in the little town where our story starts.

Boldur
Dwarf Bodyguard
   -He's a bodyguard, and like his brothers which are scattered throughout the land, he will protect you for money. He (and his brothers) even have a unique skill called "Block"!
   -He always seems drunk, but maybe it's because he lives in such a quiet place where nobody ever needs a bodyguard. Or maybe it's because he's a dwarf... ::)

Yra
Merchant, Archer
   -She has a darker skin than most of the others she lives around, so she is most likely from beyond the ocean. She has a bit of a temper, and she's pretty smart-mouthed, but she can be friendly. At rare times.
   -Her dream is to marry a guy who's got big muscles, white teeth, and a dazzling smile. And he also has to be a billionaire it seems...

Farlth (Far-l-e-th)
Trader by Trade
   -He's a quiet fellow, who seems to smile all the time. He has quite a bit of fat on his stomach, but he excuses himself by saying he's just well-built. As if. He never really seems to mind when someone teases him, he pretty much always smiles!
   -He seems like a fearless man, but he has a big weakness; fear of water. Poor Farlth. A trader has to be able to cross great distances, and sometimes, it involves sailing across the ocean. How will he earn a trade to buy that house on the hill that his Papa always wanted him to have if he cannot overcome his fear?

Mystical Magician
"He arrived the day after my seventeenth birthday. Everyone says it's a coincidence, but I'm not so sure..." - Trate Byrnwell.
   -He is a tall, quiet man, who covers his face with a mask which only has small holes for his fast-paced venom-green eyes. He is scary and most children run away when he is close, for they fear him and the sparkling ruby on his mask.
   -He owns a store for magical items of all sorts. He has the biggest house in town! He seems interested in poor Trate, and Trate, like everyone else, is scared of him. But it's not the mask. Nor the scary ruby. The horrifying thing about him, is his eyes!

More coming!

Story!

The story is still under development, that's why I need writers here.

Spoiler for Spoiler! ;):
But I have been thinking about that the main character has a beast lurking within, which at some point turns him into a monster, and so makes him fight for his life, when he kills everyone in sight!

Then, when he slays his own mother, he finally starts fighting the beast within, and that leads to more misery. And when he has finally killed everyone he has ever known, the beast goes to sleep. Now Trate most travel to someplace else, where noone has seen him before, and where nobody knows of the monster within him.

But noone sleeps forever. So after finally getting just accepted a little in this new world (Whew Yra comes from, by the way), the beast get's hungry again. And strikes! He must flee, flee into the mountains and away from mankind.

He hides in the mountains, and he struggles with survival, especially since the beast is awake inside him more and more of the time.

And so, he meets what appears to be his saviour. A voice in his head makes him go to the highest point of the mountain, to the very top, and there he meets... Monawarth, a demon who transforms himself, so that Trate will not think badly of this person in front of him. Monawrath gives him a way out- as long as Trate collects a simple thing from the heart of the earth. In the middle of the world, lies the Core. Trate believes him, and sets out to find this epic item for Monawrath. yet sadly, Trate's fate is sealed from the moment he agrees. For no demon plays fair, you can count on that! So the way out, was simply a misguidance into more misery and despair.

Spoiler for SPOILER WHICH SPOILS EVERYTHING!!:
For the Core of the world holds more than a simple item. It also keeps... the Heart which, when beats, is the one thing that keeps the world alive!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 12:09:11 PM by Demonic Blade »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Well you have me as your tester once your project has started lol

:blizj:

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Don't read this! It's personal!
Could I be like an intern on either eventing, mapping, or story boarding? I want to learn new stuff with it, and I would still help you make it. I already know the basics of eventing and map making, and I'm pretty creative so I could help some one with the story.
It realy is sad.