RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
C&C:Red alert 3 beta

Rep:
Level 89
i going to get a email from EA with the beta version of red alert 3. ;8

http://www.ea.com/redalert/main.jsp

preview by gametrailers
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34142.html
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:36:58 AM by Kefka »

Rep:
Level 87
i going to get a email from EA with the beta version of red alert 3. ;8

Meh, I'll wait for them to release the full version and several patches.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I dunno I didn't like generals, and I didn't bother with C&C 3, I'll stick to Red Alert 2 thank you very much!

EA sucks in games and shits them out like a fucking Yoshi. man, fuckin' Yoshi.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I dunno I didn't like generals, and I didn't bother with C&C 3, I'll stick to Red Alert 2 thank you very much!

I also hated generals, but I loved CnC 3.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 87

That's why I'm gonna wait for several patches.
I also hated generals, but I loved CnC 3.

I love Juggernauts. ;8

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
o hay boe come to the chat I'm bored D:

also I didn't bother playing C&C3 because my comp is shit, I played generals on this one dudes comp.

(also one time i played it on a korean exchange students laptop, no idea what I was doing, all the menus were korean but I knew enough about C&C to build a base and tanks so good enough KEKEKEKEKEKEKE, had to skirmish cause I couldn't read the mission objectives XD)

Rep:
Level 87
had to skirmish cause I couldn't read the mission objectives XD)

Pretty much capture or destroy everything indicated by the Objectives HUD, almost(if not always) every single freakin' time. That's the kind of style they used for the mission, capture or destroy combined with "commando" and/or "build a base." :mad:

I think RA3's gonna be good though, but WTF is with the armored bears? ;9

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Bear cavalry because internet.  anyway yeah I figured how the missions would BE but I didn't want to play them in korean.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
RE3 looks fun, but I hope they dont fuck up the story/Japan with the Empire of the Rising sun. Whats up with EA trying to be like Blizzard anyways? They've made the CnC games have 3 factions now instead of 2, as if trying to imitate Starcraft. It pisses me off a little. I liked the "good v. evil" of Nod against GDI, and throwing in the Scrin just set off the awesome tension between GDI's UN-inspired peacekeeping attempts and NOD's twisted propagandaist approach, and now I fear that the inclusion of a strange Japan is going to warp the campy "Eagle versus Bear", Cold-War nostalgic atmosphere of the RE series. I know that Japan was largely involved in World War II, where the series began, but look at the title. Red Alert. Red, while also the color of the Japanese flag's sun isn't normally associated with it.
Oh well, at least the explicit statement that RE3 wont be as fast and "build this specific sequence in this amount of time to win at breakneck speeds" as CnC3 was has me hopeful, as does the Naval dimension. SupCom did a similar principle, allowing the player to build underwater, but at a smaller scale this will be fun too, as it will negate traditional tank-rushing (thank god).

Rep:
Level 87
as it will negate traditional tank-rushing (thank god).

Yeah, that's because the focus of RA3 is naval warfare. Goodbye tank rush, hello D-Day sized armada.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Can't Argue, in the past couple years it seems EA's quality has gone down.

Rep:
Level 89

Can't Argue, in the past couple years it seems EA's quality has gone down.
C&C3 is just awesome. From what heard, westwood was renamed and bought and stop taking credit, who created the C&C series. Although Generals was not created by westwood. It was made by EA. Westwood also help create C&C3. Thats what I know. Probably the reason why generals sucked.

Rep:
Level 87
Westwood is gone. It was liquidated into EALA(or some other EA branch). Though some of the ex-Westwood people stayed with EA to help at CNC3. If you are interested for more "Westwood revelations" head here. Seems like they have some other planned features for Generals(which would probably make gameplay better and a little different compared to the "rush everything to the enemy" style gameplay of Red Alert 2) and different outcome for CNC3.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
RE3 looks fun, but I hope they dont fuck up the story/Japan with the Empire of the Rising sun. Whats up with EA trying to be like Blizzard anyways? They've made the CnC games have 3 factions now instead of 2, as if trying to imitate Starcraft. It pisses me off a little. I liked the "good v. evil" of Nod against GDI, and throwing in the Scrin just set off the awesome tension between GDI's UN-inspired peacekeeping attempts and NOD's twisted propagandaist approach, and now I fear that the inclusion of a strange Japan is going to warp the campy "Eagle versus Bear", Cold-War nostalgic atmosphere of the RE series. I know that Japan was largely involved in World War II, where the series began, but look at the title. Red Alert. Red, while also the color of the Japanese flag's sun isn't normally associated with it.
Oh well, at least the explicit statement that RE3 wont be as fast and "build this specific sequence in this amount of time to win at breakneck speeds" as CnC3 was has me hopeful, as does the Naval dimension. SupCom did a similar principle, allowing the player to build underwater, but at a smaller scale this will be fun too, as it will negate traditional tank-rushing (thank god).
clearly you've forgot about Yuri's revenge. and for fucks sake it's RED ALERT RA not RE RE is Resident Evil!
one more thing, Tank rushes are part of the game, you pussy.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Might try the beta, but after the shit i got from my CnC3 disk not playing for more than 30 mins i wont bother, i bought First Decade so i can play all the good westwood games without EA's shitty

'OMG LETS MAEK IT LOOK ALL PRETTY GUYZ !!!!11 MORE LIGHTS  AND PRETY SHAT MEAAANS BETTER GAM PLAY  ;8'

=/

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Lord_Dante, They aren't trying to imitate starcraft by having 3 factions, they are only trying to expand. And WW2 already happened in the storyline of Red Alert, I don't know why you would get up in arms about the japs not being in there. The color of it is supposed to be Red as in Red Square or the Red Army, not the Rising Sun Army. Red Alert is different from the main Command and Conquer series.  :mad:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Lord_Dante, They aren't trying to imitate starcraft by having 3 factions, they are only trying to expand. And WW2 already happened in the storyline of Red Alert, I don't know why you would get up in arms about the japs not being in there. The color of it is supposed to be Red as in Red Square or the Red Army, not the Rising Sun Army. Red Alert is different from the main Command and Conquer series.  :mad:

i know it's different, im just one for one side vs. the other. three factions simply bug me.

clearly you've forgot about Yuri's revenge. and for fucks sake it's RED ALERT RA not RE RE is Resident Evil!
sorry, i knew i was abbreviating it wrong.
I suppose Yuri's revenge did add a third faction, but i didnt play that expansion much.
I wouldnt call disliking a mindlessly specific build order for the purpose of accomplishing a specific, no-strategy-involved rush being a "pussy", by the way. While it is part of the game, as you say, its only one strategy, albeit one that many people follow.. The game has more than one strategy to it, and I'm just pleased that in RA3 they're going to attempt to let others shine.

Rep:
Level 89
i rush on RA2 on boes comp. with basic rifle people. games last 2-5 mins.

i hate how long it is to get a email.
RE3 looks fun, but I hope they dont fuck up the story/Japan with the Empire of the Rising sun. Whats up with EA trying to be like Blizzard anyways? They've made the CnC games have 3 factions now instead of 2, as if trying to imitate Starcraft.
They had 3 factions in RA2 yuri's revenge. Besides its imitating if they feel adding something. To expand the  gameplay of the command and conquer series. I thought the scrin was a improvement.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 05:26:05 PM by Kefka »