RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RESOLVED: Wait event problems.

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
My first ever (probably n00b) question:
I have an entire scene that runs with a combination of autorun and paralell processes. Three things are moving towards you, and when they finish moving, the next event begins.
However while these things are mving, your people are supposed to be watching them move. I made an event that has text about the current scene and then a "wait" event. But during a wait event your character can move around. I don't want my character to be moved around because in the next stage of the scene someone goes up to the spot where your character is and begins a conversation. I've tried setting the frames to really high but then it deactivates when a swtch is activated, but it didn't work. I bet there's some simple answer out there and I'm just having a stupid moment, but I really need help with this.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 02:19:59 PM by SorceressKyrsty »

Rep:
Level 86
Rastel Maskil Magister~
theres an event called "wait for move's completition" have you tried it? (2nd page in the event commands)

if not.. it might soud like a pain in the ass... but I think you need to create another parallel process that will have the "move" command... just for the player and simply have it wait... for as long as the other events are taking place.

dunno if it helped... i hope it did  ;8

Rep:
Level 86
Thanks for the reply :)

+rep

Rep:
Level 86
Resolved, I just switched the autorun to paralell process and one of the paralell processes to autorun. When the paralell process finished i put a self switch so the autorun could finish and turn itself off.