RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Fades

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Hey,

How do I fade a picture? I have an event that runs as a parallel process...it goes like this:

@>Change Screen Color Tone (-255,-255,-255,0),@0
@>Wait: 20 frame(s)
@>Play BGM: 'TheBattle', 100, 100
@>Wait: 55 frame(s)
@>Change Screen Color Tone (0,0,0,0),@20
@>Show Picture: 1, 'presents', Upper Left (0,0),(100%,100%),255,Normal

"presents" is the name of the picture I'm showing, it's a jpg file. Now, how do I make this picture fade in and fade out? And then, any other pictures I want to show after that?

- Tommy
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 07:42:53 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
EDIT: Okay!

Fist Show the picture but make the zoom x and y at 0.
Then wait 2 frames (I recommend 1 or 2, to make the fading as smooth as possible)
Now Move Picture to increase the x and y zoom of a number (20, say)
(I recommend 1 or 2, to make the fading as smooth as possible)
And continue on until the x and y zoom is at 100 (or larger, whatever you want it to be).

Note that I tested the above making the time it took each Move Picture command 1 Frame!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:24:15 AM by Demonic Blade »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

pokeball 006OfflineMale
Rep:
Level 85
Is this what you mean?

Rep:
Level 86
No, but nearly. At the bottom left corner of the window that pops up to edit a Move Event command, it says
"Zoom" and then X and Y. It's starts at 100%, and the reason for opacity is that when at 0% not all pictures are invisible. (Or where you asking FlapJack)?
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

I'm not sure I get what you guys are saying, at least...I think. Lemme get this straight, you're saying I have to manually input a command or whatever in the event for each opacity level? There's no way to just tell it to fade in?

Doing it that way won't look very good cuz you'll get jumps in between fades. I've played an RMXP game where there are A LOT of image fades, and it looks quite good, I just donno how to do that.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, but changing the opacity would be the best thing probably, and also (maybe) the colour tone. I have an introduction script for VX somewhere, where I kind of fade in a picture. I'll take a look at it... (converting it to xp of course)

I figured it out with the "Move Picture" command.

Rep:
Level 86