RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Spore creature editor information/FAQ

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Q: Is the creature editor going to be out before the full version of Spore?
A: Yes.

Q: WHEN???
A: It will "pre-release" in the EA Store on June 17th

Q: DOES IT COST MONEY???
A: The full version will cost $100 $9.95.

Q: So there's a non-full version?
A: Yes. The non-full version will be available for download for free. It will have 25% of the creature parts as the full version.

Q: WHY THEY RELEASING IT BEFORE I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME?
A: To populate the servers with fan-made creatures before Spore is released. This will allow player's games to be filled with fresh content from players all over the world.

Q: What's in the full version?
A: 228 creature parts, the ability to upload your creatures to the servers, the ability to record video of your creatures, the ability to move around and play with your creature, and the ability to do other things.

Q: I CAN'T DO MATH HOW MANY PARTS ARE IN THE FREE VERSION?
A: 57

Q: LINKS
A:
http://www.spore.com/press_042508.php
http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&productID=96890600

So who's getting the full version? I myself am going to pay for it, because I respect the Spore team. <_<;

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Am i the only one who thinks, a game that has been in development for god knows how long....could have more than 228 parts for creatures =x

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Am i the only one who thinks, a game that has been in development for god knows how long....could have more than 228 parts for creatures =x
You can shape and design the parts to your liking, so there are an unlimited amount of parts :D!!!

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
:333 Good to hear :333

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
im getting the full one, this is going to kick ass.
First, a race of penis people.
Second, a race of...
hmm.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Spore will suck because no standard of human sociology.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
er... I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
The game is practically just trying to grow from nothing to the ultimate group, but they don't take into effect the problems that come up, such as revolution or food even. It's practically "lol build your own world and take over other places lololol"

That is why I won't play spore.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I'll just get the creature editor

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Im going to play spore. The prospect of becoming a god to an inferior race is very appealing, in addition to the prospect of terraforming a world into an arena and forcing two races to fight one another.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
GUYS ARE YOU EXCITED 'CAUSE I AM EXCITED!!! I'm gonna get it. Although you would think they'd be done with the whole goddamn thing by now :(
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
So when will the game itself be released?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
So when will the game itself be released?
september...7th. I think.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Wiki'd it. It looks good but we better not get psyched or it'll be the same case as of...stencyl SORT OF

Arlen is hot.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
notice how you need to not aproach with a plan. The guy in the video irock linked tried to make a dragon. it looked more like a llama :D

The game is practically just trying to grow from nothing to the ultimate group, but they don't take into effect the problems that come up, such as revolution or food even. It's practically "lol build your own world and take over other places lololol"

That is why I won't play spore.

There are resources and food considerations. You can be beaten. In a number of videos we see a rival to your species. In the really long one where will wright makes the 3 leged thing. A giant crab thing tries to eat his creature. :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 04:02:30 PM by ahref »

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
I still like when they let Robin Williams at it, and he ends up crashing the game in the end.  X3;;

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
GUYS ARENT YOU PAYING ATTENTION!? KING OF THE UNIVERSE WILL NOT PLAY SPORE! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO CARE!

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
GUYS ARENT YOU PAYING ATTENTION!? KING OF THE UNIVERSE WILL NOT PLAY SPORE! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO CARE!

I don't think that's necessary arlen, I don't see the fact that I won't play spore is grounds to be sarcastic. :I

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
The fact that you're not going to play Spore is irrelevant, the reason I ridiculed you is because you announced it in such a haughty and trying-to-be-intellectual way.

It's a videogame. Lighten up.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
you're right  ;8

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Spore looks cool and all, but I don't get it...tis the game, free but you have to buy the editor? If I don't buy or dl the free editor will it come with the game? Or do I have to pay extra for a version that comes with the full editor? I'm assuming the game costs money, 'cause everyone knows that EA wouldn't let money go outside of their chow-zone  ;8
Are they going to release the editors for wii shop channel? I'll probably buy the full version if they do...

Rep:
Level 102
Spore looks cool and all, but I don't get it...tis the game, free but you have to buy the editor? If I don't buy or dl the free editor will it come with the game? Or do I have to pay extra for a version that comes with the full editor? I'm assuming the game costs money, 'cause everyone knows that EA wouldn't let money go outside of their chow-zone  ;8
The creature editor is basically like a demo. It will be released before the actual game. It isn't required when you buy the full game, because the full game will include it. Your creatures you create before the game releases will still work with the full game though.

Are they going to release the editors for wii shop channel? I'll probably buy the full version if they do...
This isn't a Wii game. We don't know anything about the Wii version, and it won't be released with the Mac and PC version.

EDIT: 100 days left until Spore is released, and 18 days until the creature creator.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 11:40:57 PM by Tuna »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The creature editor is basically like a demo. It will be released before the actual game. It isn't required when you buy the full game, because the full game will include it. Your creatures you create before the game releases will still work with the full game though.

Yeah, not paying extra for something included in the game's final release.

This isn't a Wii game. We don't know anything about the Wii version, and it won't be released with the Mac and PC version.

EDIT: 100 days left until Spore is released, and 18 days until the creature creator.

I would really hope that the two versions are extremely similar if not the same! It's tacky to make a game with a totally different version for a specific system.

Rep:
Level 102

Yeah, not paying extra for something included in the game's final release.
That's why they have a free version for the people that don't want to put out 10 dollars. I guess you can wait a couple months for the full game to come out, but the people that are really anticipating Spore will pay for the full version.