RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Sunken Oculus [COMPLETE]

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

Spoiler for STORY:

-Creation of Esviore
   When the all-creator created the world of Esviore, he decided to form 3 races after he filled the world with all its wonders. The first he made, was thought out in his mind – and it was created. The Oculus was what the all-creater called them. However, the race was unstable and could not be controlled, is is because of them that the world was since then filled in with various monsters and fiendish creatures – they summoned it – an act which made the Oculus banished from Esviore. The all-creator used nearly all of his energy to banish them, and at his last moments he made Man out of soil from the beach and Sahagin from sand. At  his last moments, the all-creator let out a tear which fell on the pile of sand the Sahagins was supposed to exist from – thus granting the Sahagins with the blessings of magic and aquatic capabilities. Then the all-creator was gone.
-Introduction

In a world called esviore, three races lived in constant struggle,  and through long lasting wars they finally reached a time of peace. The three races involved in the great wars are Man, beings who walk on the world’s skin, Sahagin, beings who roam the world’s blood and tear, and oculus, beings who watch and exist in the in-between. Through ages of constant death and destruction,, the civilization of both the humans and sahagins rapidly developed into advanced civilizations on both so- called worlds – all thanks to the conflict they faced for a very long time. Although they developed many aspects of their civilization, the rage of war between these two races still continues on until the oculus finally appeared to them – or rather sent them a sign – gave both of the races a solution on how to resolve their problem, by sealing each other on different worlds. Man was given the blessings of staying in esviore, while the sahagins were granted to continue to prosper in the deepest of the oceans – a place the humans will not be able to reach. Then there was a time of peace, one that lasts for hundreds of years.

-Esviorean  civilization
   Esviorean people are known for their honesty, virtue and kindness, that leads the esvioreans to unite under one emperor – Emperor  Auger – and help each other out whenever needed. Most of the population today are young men , young women, and children, as the population growth in Esviore is constantly growing by the century. Total population of Esvioreans are estimated to be around 8 to 9 million and is about 50% of the population of the whole esviore. Technologically advanced, the esvioreans focus on development of technology rather than magic to solve their everyday problems and military needs. How ever, their technological superiority does not mean complete isolation of magic for the esvioreans as some groups of people are still connecting themselves with magic and even those that tries to find out how to use the best of both technology and magic to reach a better solution. Esviorean towns and settlements are spread all over the world, and often the humans are the pioneers of most towns and villages in esviore.

-Esviorean  history
   The first esvioreans are known to be mighty warriors who sailed the dangerous and wide open seas to explore new lands and finding new opportunities of adventure and civilizations. Esviorean people used ships and galleons to travel between landmasses , using advanced construction methods and with an added pinch of imbued magic in the wood and material used of the vessel itself. However, sea travel during and even after the great war was relatively unsafe because the remnants of the monsters the sahagins released still roams the depths of the ocean and often targets warships and trade vessels alike. Some of these monsters became one of the many side-races that lives in Esviore, developing a civilization unique to their own, often living in isolated islands unknown to humans. After the war, these side-races seek refugee and eventually building their own towns and villages. Sahagins was a discreet race that lives in the deep depths of the ocean, a place unreachable to esvioreans.

-The Oculus
“Those that exists in the in-between”
   Oculus’ are quite unknown to all inhabitants of Esviore, and it’s because the Oculus lives in a different dimension where they observe the happenings in esviore through the ability of them of far-seeing and future-seeing. Some Esvioreans also possess this ability, but most of them can only  partially use them, one of these people are Gigs. Altough they exist in a different plane, occasionally some Oculus warped to Esviore and unable to return to their own dimension, they hide and disguise themselves as normal Esvioreans despite their otherworldly appearances.

Spoiler for CHARACTERS:

Gigs

Name: Gigs
Hometown: Revya Island, or is it?
Goals/Desires: Adventures, Knowledge, Finding out his real identity, and more about the Sahagins and Oculus.
Strengths: Tough, thinks critically, kind heart, knowledgeable gigs also has the oculus’ ability to see things from afar, although partial gigs can also see flashes of future events.
Weaknesses: Somewhat dull and ignorant. Colorblind.
Motivation: The pirate spirit of exploration and adventure!
Conflict: When his fate crossed paths with the recent movement of the Sahagins, Gigs’ dormant ability of far-seeing awakened shortly after. Since then, Gigs was no longer sure of his identity, he was not sure if he was even a pirate! At that moment, he discreetly intend to find out of his origin during their adventures.

Synth

Name: Synth
Hometown: Revya Island
Goals/Desires: Power, wealth, and commanding a pirate ship of his own, also treasures-especially the legendary treasure of the infamous Captain Condoar. 
Strengths: Quick-witted, (in a good way), persuasive, negotiates well, serious, and determined.
Weaknesses: Somewhat selfish, egoistic, and sort of evil.
Motivation: Hatred towards the Imperial Fleet, passion for adventure and digging up treasure.
Conflict: Synth’s parents was killed by an Imperial Fleet, so he was told. Ever since, he never trusted anyone, doubts everyone, and befriends no one. Even the fact he was told that the Imperials killed his parents is highly doubtful to him. When the appearances of Sahagin became more common, Synth intended to hunt them for their treasure – little does Synth know that the Imperial ship that boarder his parent’s ship was taken over by….none other than the Sahagins.

Martek

Name: Marteks
Hometown:  Unknown
Goals/Desires: Take revenge on the Sahagins for cusing him into his monstrous and intimidating exterior, saving other people from suffering the same fate, and find a cure for the curse.
Strengths: brave, strong, has initiative, very determined, and tough – the characteristics of a beast.
Weaknesses: At times violent and ucontrollable.
Motivation: Vengeance towards the Sahagins, his monstrous and beastly appearances, his wish to be no longer cursed.
Conflict: When Gigs and Synth found themselves a mission to investigate the missing treasure hunters on madora beach, Marteks was one of them – the only one who is still alive. Unfortunately, Marteks was cursed for eternity to live with the appearances of a violent and monstrous beast. Having the curse, however made Marteks gained the ability to command the elemental fire which Marteks plan to use to take revenge on those who cursed him.

Spoiler for FEATURES:

Quest Journal and Paragraph formatter by modern algebra
Scene title miria by Moghunter
Fogs!
Catterpillar
Vlad's ABS

Spoiler for CREDITS:

Music - Tenpei Sato & Tomohito Nishiura
Quest Journal and Paragraph formatter by modern algebra
Scene title miria by Moghunter
Fogs!
Catterpillar
Crissaegrim ABS  1.3 by Vlad
Cogwheel style menu bars by Syvkal
Littlearts.deviantart.com

Spoiler for Screenshots:
Screenshots are outdated, it will be updated some time. :P

Spoiler for FULL GAME:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 05:25:28 PM by Leviathan »
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
let me know when you make the ship :D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
let me know when you make the ship :D
lol I'll try, but it seems impossible without a custom tileset. :lol:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Sounds interesting. Good luck!

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Good luck with the project. I'll give the demo a try later.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Topic update, Title change, Game Logo made.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This does look really good. RM needs more pirate games, so good luck with this (again)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Thanks modern!

EDIT:Topic updated with screenies!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 11:29:25 AM by Levent »

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Jet Set Radio
Aw well, I was gonna get off of my laziness and try this game out, but since I have to wait for the next demo. Well, I'll wait. :) Looks very good.
- My company P:
Detectives

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
We demand a demo lol, guess I'll wait as well. G'luck with it Levent.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 97
The new screenshots look cool - I love the windowskin and the font also fits in perfectly. I might consider changing the system color as it might be too bright, but aside from that I think it looks great. Nice job Levent.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Thanks for the support, guys.

Aw well, I was gonna get off of my laziness and try this game out, but since I have to wait for the next demo. Well, I'll wait. :) Looks very good.
Sorry, but I doubt the next demo will come anytime soon.
I'm pretty busy lately. :P

We demand a demo lol, guess I'll wait as well. G'luck with it Levent.
Thanks Ruzu

The new screenshots look cool - I love the windowskin and the font also fits in perfectly. I might consider changing the system color as it might be too bright, but aside from that I think it looks great. Nice job Levent.
I wanted to change it to black, but I dunno where to change it in the scripts.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Demo v0.1 posted again. :lol:
Note that the battle system has changed and many changes has been made.

Rep:
Level 97
You don't need to change it in the scripts. You change it on the Windowskin.

Notice that I numbered the first 10. Obviously, there are 32 colours there, The numbers I use refer to that order, so column by column, row by row

So that being said:

Normal Colour - 0
System Colour - 16
Crisis Colour(low HP) - 17
Knockout Colour - 18
Gauge Back Colour - 19
HP Gauge Colour 1 - 20
HP Gauge Colour 2 - 21
MP Gauge Colour 1 - 22
MP Gauge Colour 2 - 23
Power Up Colour - 24
Power Down Colour - 25

So if you want to change the system colour, then all you need to do is change the colour of square 16.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Why, thank you modern!
Your help would certainly be recorded in the credits~ :lol:

It works, by the way.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Levent i finished writing this:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26148.0.html

knock yourself out :D

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
It was an awesome game. I really enjoyed the characters too.
But there are some bugs/errors.

I talked to this guy, and his portrait wouldn't go away.
He was in the port, the balled dude in green.

There are a few other things, like that dude who gives you a high potion. If you get to the right of him, then talk to him, he'll keep trying to move to the left.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
DEMO V.05 IS OUT!
Updates galore, and screenshots are now a bit outdated :P

Sorry for the big filesize, around 20MB of it is the mp3's.
But I assure you the music really brings out the atmosphere.

Rep:
Level 97
I liked it - it was quite fun. I couldn't get past the trader though :(

Also, I thought it was strange that the town map looped. And there were a few errors in mapping. The ones I remember were in the pirate guild, you can walk on to the counter if you walk onto the papers that are there. There was also one with one of the ladders on town. You could walk on to it by walking off of the cliff next to it.

Gigs was level 99 as well, but I don't know if that was intentional or not.

Anyway, all that aside, I quite liked it. Nice work.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I liked it - it was quite fun. I couldn't get past the trader though :(

Also, I thought it was strange that the town map looped. And there were a few errors in mapping. The ones I remember were in the pirate guild, you can walk on to the counter if you walk onto the papers that are there. There was also one with one of the ladders on town. You could walk on to it by walking off of the cliff next to it.

Gigs was level 99 as well, but I don't know if that was intentional or not.

Anyway, all that aside, I quite liked it. Nice work.
Why couldn't you get past the trader?

I'll fix the mapping errors, thanks for keeping up with the project and looking out for errors!
I really, really appreciate it. Thanks modern. :lol:

I actually forgot to lower Gigs' level, but it doesn't really affect the parameters for the actual ABS battle.

Thanks modern!

Rep:
Level 97
I couldn't figure out what to do. It said to survey the pirate's guild, and so I would go in and talk to everyone and nothing would happen.

Rep:
Level 89
What font do I have to install, I can't see any text.  ;9

Rep:
Level 97
There's a font located in the game file.

Rep:
Level 89

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I couldn't figure out what to do. It said to survey the pirate's guild, and so I would go in and talk to everyone and nothing would happen.
Actually I wrote "pirate base", the whole island is a pirate base.

Talk to people around town, you need not get into buildings.
It seems I'm misleading people  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 89
It crashed when I was in the desert battling enemies (I didn't even hit the enemy)  ;9

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
It crashed when I was in the desert battling enemies (I didn't even hit the enemy)  ;9
Does a message screen pop up saying errors and stuff or something else?
Because the ABS I'm using is still pretty buggy and events can mess the thing up pretty badly.  ;D

Rep:
Level 89
Nope, just the usual XP error "Game.exe is encountering problems and need to close"

Also, I can't hit the enemy, they can hit me.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Your mapping alone has convinced me that I want to play this.

And I never play RPG Maker Games ;o;
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Also, I can't hit the enemy, they can hit me.
Oh?
lol I think I deactivated the ABS and forgot to enable it in the desert  :(
But usually it appears when you open and then close the game menu, not sure tho.

I'll see to it that it gets fixed in the further demos (yes, not yet.)

Anyway, I really appreciate you trying it out, AlienSoldier! :lol:

Your mapping alone has convinced me that I want to play this.

And I never play RPG Maker Games ;o;
I thought I wasn't a really good mapper, but thanks! ^_^

Rep:
Level 89
But usually it appears when you open and then close the game menu, not sure tho.

If I press the Menu Button while I'm there, the game crashes.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

If I press the Menu Button while I'm there, the game crashes.
Hm yea, I think I know the problem. I'll make sure it doesn't do that in the next installment.
The demo actually ends in the desert anyway, there arent any cutscenes in the desert also.

Just so you know. :)

Rep:
Level 89
Ok, I'll wait for the next installment.  ;8

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Thanks for keeping up with the game! :tpg:

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Freaking love this!

If I'm correct Rogue Galaxy influenced you?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Freaking love this!

If I'm correct Rogue Galaxy influenced you?
Erm no, but I took some music from it for the desert area.
It was actually a bit influenced by the Odin-Ragnarok legend, because I wrote the story after I read a book about it. :lol:
Although I don't think it really influenced the story.

Thanks for the comment, ShadowOD! ;D

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
 :D I will have to read that book ^_^

Hope to see more of the game  :P
 :blizj:

~Stay Cool~

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Wow, this looks really really cool! Pirates <3
I'll download the demo soon!

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Everfrost.
Really loved the title screen and the game was fantastic.
Epic  8)
I take my sword and shield, we start to run the field,
Black ravens on the sky, waiting for someone to die,
I strike with all i have, this is our final chance,
Soon Odin will take us all, to the golden halls...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
bump to say the game is done

Rep:
Level 88
cool downloading now :D

Rep:
Level 97
The game is finished? Wow, that was fast. Nice work. I will move it now.

EDIT::

I added [VX] to the title as it is no longer in a project specific board, but you can remove it if you like.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Sorry, mraellis.
There was a mistake in the game file. Reuploaded. :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Hello Levent, I have downloaded the file for your game and extracted the files.  However, when I select the Game.exe file, ( the one that looks like a Knight chess piece ), I keep getting an error message which looks like this:

So what do I need to do in order to be able to play the game ?  :(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:39:30 PM by Frostyghost »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Hello Levent, I have downloaded the file for your game and extracted the files.  However, when I select the Game.exe file, ( the one that looks like a Knight chess piece ), I keep getting an error message which looks like this:

So what do I need to do in order to be able to play the game ?  :(

RGSS202E.dll
Download it, then put it in the Sunken Oculus game folder (The one with the game chess icon.)

I downloaded the dll but I still kept getting another error message which read:

So basically I did a web search for an RPGVX RTP file to download which I found a 35 MB file to download located here: http://tkool.jp/products/rpgvx/eng/download.html .  And promptly extracted the file in my Sunken Oculus folder,

Then afterward I ran the Setup exe file to install the RPGVX RTP file.  And now the game loads and plays.  ;D

If, therefore, anyone else may have this trouble I hope this info will help you as it helped me to load and play the game.  8)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:49:04 PM by Frostyghost »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
lol Yeah, well that happens when you dont have RMVX installed in your computer.

I guess RMVX is necessary to play a lot of these kinds of games, I did not realize that before.  :blizj:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Just as I was looking for something made in VX that is finished to play :3 looks awesome, will try it now.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
please be careful of this:

cat cant move i cant move im stuck there

Sorry to be a pain Levent, but I am having a wee bit of a font issue.  As you can see from these two screens, I am not getting any text in the game.  I am guessing that text should be in the darken areas;

/  

I kept getting the little skull and crossbones icon during the animated opening sequence but no text.  When I clicked on the Sunken Oculus exe file to install the game, I got some file called, Freebooter  

I double clicked it and found out it was the text file.  The only problem I am having is getting the font into the game.  I appreciate your help.  The graphics and music are fantastic by the way.  :luigi:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:55:18 PM by Frostyghost »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
please be careful of this:

cat cant move i cant move im stuck there
I'll do that.
Thanks for letting me know, ahref!

Sorry to be a pain Levent, but I am having a wee bit of a font issue.  As you can see from these two screens, I am not getting any text in the game.  I am guessing that text should be in the darken areas;

/ 

I kept getting the little skull and crossbones icon during the animated opening sequence but no text.  When I clicked on the Sunken Oculus exe file to install the game, I got some file called, Freebooter 

I double clicked it and found out it was the text file.  The only problem I am having is getting the font into the game.  I appreciate your help.  The graphics and music are fantastic by the way.  :luigi:
Install the Freebooter font.
Assuming your using windows, open the control panel and enter the Fonts section.
Click File > Install New Font, and then browse for the Freebooter font file.

That should work, Frostyghost.

Worked like a charm.  Thanks again for the advice.  ;D :blizj:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Well, comments on the game would be nice.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
This game has me so compelled I am even going to post an error I am getting... just so I can play it.

um so I am on my way to the big desert island annnnnd this is what I get when I enter the other port;

and after that it just freezes. No crashes or anything, no way to do anything. It just looks like this

Help me pleaseeeeeee ;9

:taco: :taco: :taco:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Here:Download Sunken Oculus "fixed" version.
Thanks for trying out the game, Raskii!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
have you packaged the VX drivers with the game?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Do you mean VX RTP?
No.

Rep:
Level 87
Do you mean VX RTP?
No.

So that's why the game wouldn't run on my computer... Downloading VX now, and the updated version of Sunken Oculus too.

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
I'm downloading this!

I'll let you know my crazy feedback after some good gameplaying =]

:blizj:

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
I like the title image, and quest menu.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
You know I forgot to ask, how do I basically fight or do I just run away from my enemies at the beginning. I killed like a wolf(Not sure if it was because I had stood there and stared the monster down, and pressed random buttons  ;8), but I still get myself killed but I don't see my hp/mp and stuff and when I go to my main menu my hp is the same but the next time I'm hit, I die.

(If something was mentioned about I'm sorry that I accidently read over it)
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I like the title image, and quest menu.
Thanks!

You know I forgot to ask, how do I basically fight or do I just run away from my enemies at the beginning. I killed like a wolf(Not sure if it was because I had stood there and stared the monster down, and pressed random buttons  ;8), but I still get myself killed but I don't see my hp/mp and stuff and when I go to my main menu my hp is the same but the next time I'm hit, I die.

(If something was mentioned about I'm sorry that I accidently read over it)
I really should have added a fight manual in the inventory. :o
Sorry for that.

In the journeys ahead of you, you will face many
dangerous enemies. A pirate like gigs, outsmarts
his enemies by using a far-reaching gun.

Assign your type of attack in the Skills menu,
to select a skill press either S or D to assign
the skill that key.

To assign an item, select the item with either
Q or W to assign it to the selected keys.

When your MP has run out, take note that you
have to reload using any ammo-refilling item,
for instance Ammo Pack.

Use the skills accordingly, watch your HP meter,
and defeat your enemies quickly and swiftly.

So, you attack with either S or D, depends on what skill you assign that key is.
After for example, assigning "Shot" to the key "S" you just need to press "S" to shoot enemies.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Here:Download Sunken Oculus "fixed" version.
Thanks for trying out the game, Raskii!

if that's the one that is in the first post, it's not fixed
if it's not the one that is in the first post, put it in the first post and delete the unfixed version, because I apparently downloaded the wrong one.  Thank You.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
When I try to play your game, my character is invisible! What do I do?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
After I get Mark, I need to go to the guild, but am unable to leave my home entirely.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
When I try to play your game, my character is invisible! What do I do?
After I get Mark, I need to go to the guild, but am unable to leave my home entirely.

Oh my god, I didn't realize there are so many bugs ;-;
Try this:http://www.mediafire.com/?jmhydturnm2
I really need beta testers next time. ;9

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Oh my god, I didn't realize there are so many bugs ;-;
Try this:http://www.mediafire.com/?jmhydturnm2
I really need beta testers next time. ;9

yeah, trust me, bugs ahoy.
testing is essential.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
After I get Mark in my party and were at Gig's house, I can't leave the house.
And the cutscene right before seemed a little messed up.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I'll upload a an updated one soon.
*depressed*

EDIT:Updated Link in first post.
But if you're lazy:http://www.mediafire.com/?z8nvnwfmjjy

This time I added a save file from close before the bugs starts.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 05:26:35 PM by Leviathan »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Errm, where is the desrt island?
If it's the one to the south then I don't know how to get on it ._.
I got there but it wouldn't let me in the port.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
What, you do have Marteks in your party right?

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Yeah, but it will not let me on the island ._.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I checked.

Spoiler for Um...:
The save data seems to be broken ._.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I try to start a new game, and the start position is in some desert, and I can't do anything.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Update! ;9

The original game file has corrupted D:

D:

My online backup has been deleted due to inactivity. D:

Sorry, NAMCKOR.  ;9

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Eeerrrmmm...

I found another bug. :X
When I try to leave the Pirate Guild after going out to find the Captain of the guild, I can't leave the building.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Update! ;9

D:

;o;
Sorry, Forcystus.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Update! ;9

D:

Sorry, NAMCKOR.  ;9

;9  ;9  ;9  ;9

Rep:
Level 87
If only life had HDR lighting... (sigh)
On Madora Beach, when it says to smash the barrels, unless I'm missing something, it would appear there is no way to do that...
Help would be nice!

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Pressing the A button (I think) was to preform a melee attack. Use that to smash them.

- -

Rep:
Level 87
My thanks, kind game fixing traveling bard!
You are now my hero of the day.

Good Job!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I remember the error was somewhere after that. ;9

Rep:
Level 87
The "error"?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
uhhh...I downloaded the game...and it looked alright when I opened it...title screen was nice...
as soon as I started the game though, I was lost completely, there is no text in the game
and by that I mean no one says anything, I have no idea what's going on and it wasn't worth going further..
nor could I because I have no idea whats going on lol
I talked to some villagers but nothing as well...
really irritating, definitely don't download

That's because you have to install the font provided in the game folder, my friend. ;8
It's called "Freebooter".

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
nice job "modifying" that post.

you need to copy the font file into your windows Fonts folder.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
pretty much everyone knows how to install a font, if you don't, that's what asking/google is for.

and yeah, that should be it.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I never installed one before
Was really easy >.>
ANYWAYS, I'll just post a review here
The game is pretty good
I like the two-character chat graphics
The follow along is alright, a nice feature
The questbook is a great feature, I love that one
The game started too slow though, hard to go through the beginning
I'll play it more when I get the chance
Games really should come with a readme file
OH one last thing, the lag is horrible, I know that there's a lot of events and that it looks nice
But lagg is one thing that is unbearable
Ok thanks for the comments.
The reason of it all is the game files were gone along with the backup before I could finish it. ;9

Still, I hope you enjoyed whatever's there. ;8

Rep:
Level 84
the screamer which gives you high potions is unlimited repeatable so basicly an easy cheat option to get insane dubloens from start

Rep:
Level 84
Okay, I downloaded this game cuz it lookeed epic. But when I played it, after 5 minutes the opening line of the chracter still didn't appear. It takes way to long to load anything. It looks awesome but it doesn't work

Legacy-Game.net   
Chuck Norris does not sleep, he waits...
P.S. I f u join legacy plz send me a message, i can give you tips.
:zoid:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Okay, I downloaded this game cuz it lookeed epic. But when I played it, after 5 minutes the opening line of the chracter still didn't appear. It takes way to long to load anything. It looks awesome but it doesn't work

That's because you have to install the font provided in the game folder, my friend. ;8
It's called "Freebooter".

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Wow, congrats on completion! I would download it, ut I don't have the RTP. =(

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
FONT IS TOO BIG OR SOMETHING D:

The letters droop low and some of them are cut off :\ Like the "g" and the "y"

But I'm starting this game :D Looks cool so far.

EDIT: I can walk on top of a ninja-dude in the pub in the first city/village/area. XD The left one.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:56:43 PM by mastermoo420 »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Bump. D: I find minor errors but, right now, I'm stuck in the guild right after I'm forced to go there after getting Marteks. :(

Rep:
Level 86
I was soooo looking forward to this game until I got stuck at the Guild :(
I wish it can be fixed, but your game files are corrupted :(
Oh well...

I have a question regarding how to get my characters to use health potions.  For example, I just had my first skeleton fight and now my character is at 26 HP:

But when I open up my inventory so that I can use one of my potions to heal, my character shows a full health and thus I am not able to use a health potion:

So I have a menu showing my character is only at 26 health and then a menu showing full health.  So how do I use a health potion so that I can get full health on the menu that only shows 26 HP ?

It looks like there are two menus.  A fighting menu, the one which I am trying to increase my health, and the inventory menu which shows a different health and mana menu.

Thanks for help.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:56:19 PM by Frostyghost »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Leventhan has been inactive for a while now :(

So since he's technically the only person with an unencrypted version, I don't think you'll get an answer. HOWEVER, every time I say someone is inactive, they go and fuck it up and become reactive right after I post, which is the sole reason I'm even posting this. Leventhan needs to come back. O.o

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
:9

He better come back. I miss him ;______;

Really ?  That's a bummer.  I am looking forward to playing this game but I need to know how to give potions to my characters.

Rep:
Level 76
I love minus rep! :D
O.o
I know this is probobly only happening to me but..
I cant see any text :(

Rep:
Level 84
You have to install the font. It should be in the folder with the game. I had the same problem at first.

Rep:
Level 76
I love minus rep! :D
okay thank you