RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]I found an excellent animated battle system.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
However, it needs translation.
Without the translation, it would be a useless effort.

Attached to this post is the demo.
Credits in the script, I did not make it.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

pokeball vmvOffline
Rep:
Level 86
 :o It's nice!!!

Rep:
Level 88
I R 3V1L!!111!!1
Love it.
I wish it was translated! lol

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I'll take a look at it. I don't know any languages, but maybe I can look at the script and determine what it does. What do you want to know?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
There are some modifcations for the skill animations involving the character sprites, I want to know how to modify it.
But for the most part, how to change all the battle messages.

I only managed to change half of it, the rest was hidden in a language I dont understand T_T

EDIT:Found the original website.
http://www2.plala.or.jp/ny/index.html
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 07:54:06 AM by Levent »
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, there's a few new things in the Vocab module:

Code: [Select]
  # line 30
  PreemptiveSolo  = "¡Tuvo la iniciativa!"
  SurpriseSolo    = "¡%s fue rodeado!"
  EscapeStartSolo = "¡%s huye!"
  # line 40
  VictorySolo     = "¡%s consigue la victoria!"
  # line 42
  DefeatSolo      = "¡%s fue vencido!"

And then there's a lot of stuff in Modulo, but the script's too large and so I don't think I will try to interpret the script

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I can translate -some- because it looks like spanish
but I can't do much with the box text
I wonder why the characters aren't showing...

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
probably dosn't mean much coming form me, but i'm pretty sure I can translate

Rep:
Level 88
I R 3V1L!!111!!1
this script is still very good. I wish they had an english one.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Everfrost.
Looks nice  :tpg:
I take my sword and shield, we start to run the field,
Black ravens on the sky, waiting for someone to die,
I strike with all i have, this is our final chance,
Soon Odin will take us all, to the golden halls...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
SCREENS! Me want screenies! Me won't download without screenies. Me be sad then. Me already sad.
(I hope you get the point. Some screenshots would be nice)
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
It has been translated, and made compatible with the VX version of Minkoff/DerVVulfman's animated battle system.  If .org were actually WORKING, I'd be able to give you guys a link. T_T

I personally use an older version of the script.  It's a very nice battle system.

EDIT: Here we go.  This was edited by Kylock, so give him credit too.

Quote from: |VX| RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.4 Translated + Addon
After over 6 hours of work (with numerous breaks)....

RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System Version 2.4
Translation Version 1.2 by Kylock

Original Script Website: http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/

This is "that sideview battlesystem" for VX that "doesn't work".  Well, now it does.  While admittedly the translation is not yet 100%, all the important stuff to get you up and running with all the fun combo moves you see on youtube and the ability to create your own moves is there (good luck with that btw).

If you don't wanna read all my crap, here's the link: DEMO.

Screenshots:

Installation instructions, various credits and release notes are included in the header of the configuration portion of the script (part one).
Please note that to fully incorporate this script into an existing game requires copying image files and game database entries.  Once again - specifics are listed in the header on the first part of the script in the demo.

Compatibility may possibly be an issue with other scripts that directly affect the battle system since many battle system functions are rewritten in this.  If you need to make this script work with another, please post your request in the appropriate forum.  I didn't write this script myself, so I am not confident that I can provide answers to all the questions, but I have been studying it for quite some time, so I believe I have a firm grasp on it's functionality.

Changelog:
  • 1.0 - Rough release of only scripts with lots of broken-ness.
  • 1.1 - Release with retranslated hashes and a retranslated database.  Distributed as a demo.
  • 1.2 - Corrected some missing Kanji translations that broke the functionality of some "chained" Skills. (thanks to Eolirin@hbgames.org)  Also added the picture for the 'cut-in' move.
As you can see in my screen shots, this DOES work with animated battlers with a few configuration modifications.

Spoiler for Configuration changes for animated battlers:
To use Minkoff's Animated Battlers styled battler sprites, change to these settings in your module script:
  ACTOR_POSITION = [[400,100],[430,150],[460,200],[490,250]]
  WALK_ANIME = false
  ANIME_PATTERN = 4
  ANIME_KIND = 11
And just copy paste this over top of whats in the script:
  "WAIT"            => [ 1,  0,  15,   0,   0,  -1,   0, true,"" ],
  "WAIT(FIXED)"     => [ 1,  0,  10,   2,   0,   1,   0, true,"" ],
  "RIGHT(FIXED)"    => [ 1,  5,  10,   1,   2,   1,   0, true,"" ],
  "DAMAGE"          => [ 1,  9,   4,   2,   0,  -1,   0, true,"" ],
  "ATTACK_FAIL"     => [ 1,  1,  10,   1,   8,   0,   0, true,"" ],
  "MOVE_TO"         => [ 1,  4,   1,   1,   0,  -1,   0, true,"" ],
  "MOVE_AWAY"       => [ 1,  5,   2,   1,   0,  -1,   0, true,"" ],
  "ABOVE_DISPLAY"   => [ 1,  0,   2,   1,   0,  -1, 600, true,"" ],
  "WPN_SWING_V"     => [ 1,  6,   1,   2,   0,  -1,   2, true,""],
  "WPN_SWING_VL"    => [ 1,  6,   1,   2,   0,  -1,   2, true,""],
  "WPN_SWING_VS"    => [ 1,  6,   6,   2,   0,  -1,   2, true,""],
  "WPN_SWING_UNDER" => [ 1,  6,   2,   2,   0,  -1,   2, true,""],
  "WPN_SWING_OVER"  => [ 1,  6,   2,   2,   0,  -1,   2, true,""],
  "WPN_RAISED"      => [ 1,  11,  2,   2,  28,  -1,   2, true,""],
I also suggest using SHADOW = false since most battlers have shadows drawn into them, but this is not required to make them work.  Since most battlers are also drawn with their weapons, the weapon animations are disabled in this configuration edit.

You will need to put your standard format animated battler sprites in the Characters folder and use the following naming convention: "$charname_1.png"

SBS Ranged Weapons Animation Addon
Version 1.0 by Kylock

Due to the bajallions of script requests I see for this on various RPG Maker forums, I decided that I should do this, since I can. =p
Trust me, you want this script too!  What I have done here is written a new animation sequence hash for ranged weapons.  There is no "actual animated projectile" - but it will get the job done.

Instructions:
Insert this script just beneath the 3 Battle System Scripts.  Since the text strings in the hashes are all translated by me, this addon will ONLY work with my translated version of the script (you can find that by scrolling up).
Now to the fun part.  To make a weapon ranged, simply make sure you have the "Bow" or "Whip" element checked off for your particular weapon.  If you want your whips to be short, then just uncheck the Whip" box.
Another feature included in this script is forced melee attacks from skills.  The default action for all skills not "special to the script" is to animate a spellcast.  This works for 99% of the stuff.  So Piratekon (from hbgames.org) tells me that he wants "Poison Attack" to not be a spellcast, but a melee attack.  Fine.  Any "Skill"s that you want to use a melee animation, simply give them the "Melee" element.  Now your battler will run up and "punch dat dood in da mouf!" instead of performing a casting animation.

The script:
Spoiler for Ranged Attack Action Sequence Addon for Side View Battlesystem:
#==============================================================================
# ? Ranged Attack Action Sequence Addon for Side View Battlesystem - Version 1
#     22.4.2008
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  Script by: Kylock
#    This is a script that adds new functionality to the Sideview battle System
#  in the way of an additional animation for ranged weapons.
#    To use this script, simply add it below the Sideview Battle System scripts
#  and make sure your ranged weapons have element 5 checked(Bow) in the game
#  database on the weapons tab.  Feel free to use this script as a templte for
#  developing and dristributing your own "special" moves and animations.

module N01
  # Creates a new hash with a new action sequence
  RANGED_ATTACK_ACTION = {
  "RANGED_ATTACK" => ["BEFORE_MOVE","WPN_SWING_V","30","OBJ_ANIM_WEIGHT",
                          "12","WPN_SWING_VL","OBJ_ANIM_L","One Wpn Only","16",
                          "Can Collapse","FLEE_RESET"],}
  # Merges new hash with original
  ACTION.merge!(RANGED_ATTACK_ACTION)
end

module RPG
  class Weapon
    alias kylock_melee_base_action base_action
    def base_action
      # If "Bow" Element is checked on the weapons tab in the database,
      #  the new ranged attack action sequence is used.
      if $data_weapons[@id].element_set.include?(5) || $data_weapons[@id].element_set.include?(6)
        return "RANGED_ATTACK"
      end
      kylock_melee_base_action
    end
  end
  # If the "Melee" element is checked on the skills tab in the database, the
  #   attack animation will be as a normal melee attack.
  class Skill
    alias kylock_skill_base_action base_action
    def base_action
      if $data_skills[@id].element_set.include?(1)
        return "NORMAL_ATTACK"
      end
      kylock_skill_base_action
    end
  end
end

If you have problems let me know, while I admit that I don't have all the free time in the world to help you out, I'll do what I can.  As far as distribution goes, post this everywhere you want, just make sure everyone gets their fair share of credit.  See the script header for credits - as a matter of fact, since it's all in the header, you should be safe.  If you profit commercially from this script, good for you!

Enjoy!
Kylock
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:19:37 AM by Atemu »

Rep:
Level 84
???Ž?? ?_ƒí?????
----------------->->Bad English<-<----------------

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm 99% sure that you could have clicked on it yourself to see instead of posting 7 months after the last post. :mad: