RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zelda Movie

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Quote from: ign
April 1, 2008 - Few videogame properties hold the cache of The Legend of Zelda. As a film project, it's on the scale of Lord of the Rings. But no one has tackled a live-action adaptation of the storied franchise… until today. Production Company Rainfall Films has asked IGN to premiere the very first footage from their live-action Zelda film — a very literal adaptation of the magical epic — and, of course, we said, "Yes!"

Much like the indie gem Cloverfield, this project has been shrouded in secrecy and details kept close to the vest. What we do know is that the film is being written and directed by newcomer Sam Balcomb. Going the route of Star Wars: Episode IV, this production decided to cast all unknowns in the iconic roles. Link is played by JR Killigrew, Camille C. Brown portrays a very Elven Princess Zelda, and Gregory Lee Kenyon stars as Ganondorf. You may, however, recognize Camden Toy (see TV's Buffy and Angel) in the supporting role as Sahasrahla.

Anyway, here's the link:
http://movies.ign.com/dor/articles/863515/legend-of-zelda-movie-trailer/videos/legendofzelda_filmtrailer_040108.html

Joke?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Saw it earlier.

Duh it's a joke, though I wish it wasn't. ;o;

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
It's April Fools... anything can be a joke.

EDIT: Coming April 1, 2009... yep a joke, but that was awesome in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:25:41 PM by AlienSoldier »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Of course it's fake...but half of my brain is crying out in pain and wanting to deny it...  ;9

Damn IGN!

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I WANT THIS MOVIE DAMNIT

Rep:
Level 89
...but half of my brain is crying out in pain and wanting to deny it...  ;9

;9 I feel your pain.

Rep:
Level 86
I know it is believed to be a joke, but I looked up some of the names on IMDB (Internet Movie Database) that were in the credits listing at the end of the trailor.  If this is a hoax, it is a pretty elaborate one.  The movie itself (if there is going to be one) isn't listed on the database (atleast, if it is real, not yet), but the actors themselves are real actors, though not well known:
Gregory Lee Kenyon
J.R. Killigrew
Ken Lyle
Carolyn Palmer
Raiya Corsiglia
Camden Toy

A pretty cool hoax, but I think a LoZ movie would ruin the legend a bit.

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah... like (if it's gonna happend) with the Metal Gear Solid Movie.

Rep:
Level 88
I R 3V1L!!111!!1
that..... was...... great....
I think i crapped my self with Gohma. That movie DEFINITELY needs to happen. I would pay to see it.
Although I am a little disappointed in the way Ganondorf looks. But other than that.... it was pure gold.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I don't like the cheap CGI, and some of it looked pretty bad, but the idea is awesome.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
rainfallfilms.com
UPDATE FROM IGN: "April 2, 2008 - 12:01 a.m. PST. Yup, you guessed it. The Legend of Zelda trailer featured above is part of an elaborate April Fool's Day prank. Check back in later today for more details on the IGN/Rainfall Films collaboration that resulted in this "love it or hate it" piece of videogame movie history."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
elaborate April Fool's Day prank

That's what I called it in IRC.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
elaborate April Fool's Day prank

That's what I called it in IRC.
:tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
A damn expensive one.

Rep:
Level 85
roflmao, DUDE! I fell for it! I saw it and was just shaking my head NO! They ruined it!

*wipes sweat from brow*

Dodged that bullet though. It did like impressive for a hoax though. Crazy. And yah, Ganadork looked pretty lame, and I didn't much care for the 'real' portrayals of the other characters either.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Maybe they're playing a joke on a joke...
This is totally fan-boy talking:
It's a real movie, released the trailer on april fools to make people think it's a joke, April 1st 09' it turns out to be real.
Now lets just pray, pray and pray that it's true.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
IT'S

NOT

REAL.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Fake movie is fake.

Also, if there was to be a good Zelda movie, i would want it to be made fully in very high quality CG. Live-action would be the shittiest peice of bullfuck known to man. I mean jsut watching this trailer made me yell out SUGAR BALLS!

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
IT'S

NOT

REAL.
Fake movie is fake.

Also, if there was to be a good Zelda movie, i would want it to be made fully in very high quality CG. Live-action would be the shittiest peice of bullfuck known to man. I mean jsut watching this trailer made me yell out SUGAR BALLS!

NO WAI!?!?!?!?!  :'(

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Seriously, Gannon looks so stupid. So does link.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 89
Link looks like Michael Jackson.  :mad: That is NOT COOL!

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Link looks like Michael Jackson.  :mad: That is NOT COOL!

It would be cool if they changed Zelda's name to Billie Jean.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Okay I haven't been a Zelda fan since the SNES days, but I have to be honest. That was a damn good prank!

Rep:
Level 91
Yeah, it was an April Fools Joke (the video was circulated like two years ago I think, not sure). Anyways, I was glad it was a joke - it looked like crap. Link looked like he took a trip to Neverland and Zelda looked like Andy Dick in drag. Don't get me started on Gannon... Ever seen Trolls 2? heh...

"If someone tries to debate you into changing your mind about your belief in God, that's not indicative of atheism in its truest form. It's just the work of an asshole who refuses to have the same respect for you that he demands you have of him. When one takes it to the point of debating your religion (or worse), they're overthinking it, and it becomes something similar to doctrine - the very thing atheists supposedly reject." - Mullis Lives!

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I saw the trailer . . . "HOLY NINTENDO!!"

I mean, of course, that it looked amazing. Although, I was extremely disappointed with the character designs. Link looked a tad old for the 17, 18, 19 (I dunno . . . go ask Nintendo) he's supposed to be after the Temple of Time. Zelda reminded me of the white witch from Narnia, and I think she could have been cuter--no offence to the actress . . . well . . . uh . . . I can't really say that without offending her--and younger. Gandondorf looked like some retard's costume at a high school Haloween party like my most recent one.

The good: acting, costumes (except Ganondorf! Sheesh!), MOST CGI, fights, the entire Zelda movie idea

I think that the real movie should be CGI, like someone said before me. Like, I think Advent Children's CGI quality should be used in the movie.

Or, we could go in the anime direction . . . and don't even say that wouldn't be awesome, because it would. An anime Zelda TV series in America (not the lame 80's version) would be the climax of television, and the point where I would actually buy a TV.

Live action might wreck it. Ever see the fake trailer for the Star Fox movie somewhere on YouTube, with humans? STAR FOX IS A FOX!! Link is a video game character who I think would look best if kept in an anime/CGI form.

Anyone else read all the mangas of Zelda? Storywise, that's a good way to go, or maybe straight from the game because I really hate the direction Hollywood movies are going. The preppy teen girl is always SOOO obsessed with something or other, her parents hate it, and she always turns out right and the parents are constantly the antagonists. In OoT, Malon's dad is quite nice to Link . . . and I can't think of other parents in it. Hollywood also commonly sprouts stupid themes or morals. Anime is still full of awesomeness, proof that Japan is ahead of us in movie making. Sorry about ranting on about Hollywood here, but they always take an actor that DOESN'T FIT THE ROLE of the character meaning to be played. They take bad actors, take the best-looking (or sometimes the ugliest) people, screw up their CGI (unlike Japan), always try to fit sex and swearing into the story, especially when it doesn't fit well.

Okay . . . lengthy response, maybe dumb opinions, but I'm not Nintendo. I'm an American teenager who loves RPG games and everything they are. I'm guessing I'm not the only one of that kind--on this site.
Two-D programmers and high school freshmen share a common horror: the Z-axis.