RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
IRC Remote Scripts

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I want to make a remote script where if someone says something, I do an action or say something or something. ;-; Help?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Get mIRC, it has a programming whatever thing built in it.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

pokeball MazOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 85
Yeah. mIRC is an easy way to do this. It has inbuilt scripting possibility, with simple triggering action -> command to be executed syntax. I once had even a personal web page owned for mIRC scripting. (Back when I still had web pages at university's server). There may be some of my 'tutorials' still left in oldgames.nu forums where I was active member back then. (My own page has been down for ages now). mIRC also included quite decent help manual for API it offers, but it is always easier if you see also the basic principles explained somewhere.

If you need some more advanced features, and wish to have your bot running entirely at background, and if you know TCL language, then I suggest you to check out the EggDrop (http://www.eggheads.org/). It may be  a bit harder to learn live with, but it also offers somewhat more sophisticated means of making an IRC bot.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
for mirc
Code: [Select]
ON *:text:<placetext here eg !reach>:#: {
msg $chan <insert message here>
}

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Actually, mIRC costs money after 30 days...

pokeball MazOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 85
I found a guide I wrote about 5 years ago when I was still beginner in all programming. It is in an abandoned site, but it can be still read.
http://www.oldgames.nu/forum/showthread.php?s=338070488cc1d2abb56bb9614866039a&threadid=27058
There must be far better guides somewhere, but I guess you can dig em out yourself.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Actually, mIRC costs money after 30 days...

Um, no.
:tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Weird, it said that in the help file somewhere. Anyways, uhhh... New problem. mIRC doesn't start for me. It just doesn't come, and when I open up the Task Manager, the process for mirc.exe pops up for a second and then just goes away.