RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sauerbraten (aka Cube 2)

Rep:
Level 86
CHAINSAW!!
WTF IS IT?!
An fps/rpg maker, UNIQUE in every way.

aww what the hell, im no good at presenting jack shit.

Cube 2 is the best FPS Maker there is. It can make RPG games too! the rpg part is under cunstruction (does it matter? it can make basic rpgs and has the best graphics to offer and its free!)

Link to website:
http://sauerbraten.org/

It might be bending the rules a bit by posting this, but its too good not to post!
Features:
  • awesome graphics
    fast paced
    100% free
    UNIQUE editing (more below)
    can make multiplayer RPG games
    very quick to switch from editing to playing! (it doesnt even take 1/100000 of a second)
    its not restricted to pre-made recourses
    doesnt crash or block you from servers where u dont have a certain texture for that map
    advanced hill making
    advanced cliff building
    anything else you want

how is it unique?
start the game(maker)
hit 'E'
Bang! ur in edit mode!
hit 'E' again.
Bang! ur playing the game again!
its literally takes 0.000000000000000003 seconds to switch modes!

And it has a rediculously high fps rate! (usually about 100+)
you can easily trade the rediculously high fps rate for visual/sound quality and vice versa.
on a 56kb/p connection my ping was consistantly under 50! (NO LAG!)

advanced shadowing
reflective textures that react to lights.

ok stuff this, words can't explain it. see for yourself. id post screenies but... there are already hundreds at http://sauerbraten.org/

One more thing: Enjoy it or ur nuts and u belong in a psycho ward!
I have:
GM7
RPGXP
RPGVX
FPS Creator
Cube 2
3D Gamemaker (SHITBOX!)

WIP stats:
RPGVX:
none, just experimenting with random events...

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Note: this needs a 256 MB Video card, be prepared. :x
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Note: This absolutely flies on my Ti4200 with 128 MB.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Note: This absolutely flies on my Ti4200 with 128 MB.

=O My last 128 MB ran so badly with it :<
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Which card do you have?

Arlen is hot.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
:D. imo source is the best fps maker but this one is great for maps
full 3d realtime editing :D

Rep:
Level 88
This program's pretty decent, but I had to mess with it at a friend's house. On my crap computer, it ran at about 1-3 fps. :tpg:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
My computer runs it at about 190 fps.

I don't have a clue how to use the edit stuff.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
double post for great win.

How do I go to edit mode?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
Press "e" on your keyboard, I think.

Rep:
Level 86
CHAINSAW!!
This is one of the easiest editors to use and its rediculously powerful. i got a CRAP windows xp and its around 60 fps, just tune down the graphics a little if its slow. btw:
KEYS!:
e = edit mode
left mouse in editmode = select faces to work with, drag to select many
middle mouse = corner editing
mouse wheel = extrude/sink the cubes/corners
space = deselect if in edit mode, otherwise its jump
1-6 = weapon select
~ = console
t = talk, YES its online!
F1 = pause (only in single player)
ok there are your basics... Its by far the greatest fps maker (in some ways)
I have:
GM7
RPGXP
RPGVX
FPS Creator
Cube 2
3D Gamemaker (SHITBOX!)

WIP stats:
RPGVX:
none, just experimenting with random events...

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
Is it a game or a maker?
I seriously don't get it.  ???

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
its an engine. Developers save time when making future games by starting with a grounds to build from.

Eg. Half Life 2 uses the source engine so does Team fortress 2, Half life 3(the 3 episodes), counterstrike,left 4 dead(new game)

Cube is an engine that allows you to make a fps aswell as the developers as its open source.