RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy IV VX - FINALLY A NEW DEMO

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
I haven't seen Asch/Atemu post on this forum for ages.

Dare I say, thank Christ for that.

Wow, gee, thanks for posting that in my own private forum.  You're a regular ray of sunshine.

I haven't been around because I've been ridiculously busy with school, and I didn't even realize people were still showing an interest in this project.  Zedane, I'll take a look and your progress; if you're still around and wish to continue, I'd appreciate the help.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Yes my friend, I'm still around, nothing more than a random troll here and there though =D  if you like what's there so far drop me an e-mail at wowshozo@yahoo.com and we can work something out so we can get some serious hours put into the system making it work =D

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I will as soon as I get a free moment.  Thanks a bunch.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Going to take it that this is in the dust as nothing has happened. Guess I don't need to clean everything up and finish it.  Anyways, was fun making the rough draft.  Maybe next time

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I'm volunteering to pick this project up and do what I can for it. It's good stuff, I'd hate to see it die like this.
:tinysmile:

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Okay, since my post yesterday was aparently munched...

I do intend to work on this eventually.  Real life is just more important at the moment.  I would appreciate it if people did not "pick this up" without my permission.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
My apologies, I did not intend to make it sound as if I was going to continue anyone's project without their permission. Consider my previous post withdrawn.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
S'fine, just don't do it again, or I'll feed you to Irock.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I managed to get the newest version of the game off of my main PC, so I figured I'd put up an update on what is finished.

Maps
  • Baron Castle
  • Baron Town
  • Mist Cave
  • Mist
  • Kaipo
  • Fabul
  • Mysida
  • Toria Castle
  • Toria Town
  • Mythril
  • Dwarf Castle
  • Kokkol's Smithy
  • Tomra
  • World Map -- Tower of Babil, previously missing, has been added.
  • Agart -- missing telescope has been added.
  • Damcyan
  • Eblan
  • All chocobo forests
  • Water Cavern
  • Antlion's Nest
  • Mount Hobs
  • Mount Ordeals
  • All crystal rooms that were missing are finished
Scripts
  • Walk on water
  • Vehicle system half complete
What needs to be done:
Map
  • Underground world map
  • Moon world map
  • Feymarsh
  • Sylph's Cave
  • Baron water way
  • Sealed cavern
  • Tower of Zot
  • Tower of Babil
  • Magnetic cavern
  • Moon's Core
  • Bahamut's Cave
  • Namingway Cavern
I plan on working with scripts at the moment to try and at least get a skeleton of the battle system and menu screen up.  Anyone that signs up to do scripts from this point on will need to work with that to prevent compatibility problems.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this for so long guys.  Expect a new download in the future.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
I was looking at the first post and saw this:
What Needs to be Done

* Underworld and Moon maps.
    * Character graphics.
    * Rest of the maps.
    * Of course, eventing and story.

Do you still need the VX character graphics for the characters, or for other characters?
Winter is Coming

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I actually found some character graphics, but I'm going to need different poses, mostly for the battle system.  Not entirely worried about this yet, but I'll need it in the future.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Oh, okay :)

I found a few FFIV characters in VX, just thought I should share ^.^
Winter is Coming

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I am missing a few: Edward, Palom, Porom, and Fusoya.  If you have them, that'd be helpful.

Also, proof I'm still working on this:

Spoiler for The view from Mount Ordeals:
Spoiler for Passing through Baron Waterway:
Spoiler for Antlion's Cave:
Spoiler for Currently working on: Eblan Cave:

<3
Rep:
Level 86
NEW UPDATE!

New demo finally up, first post updated.  Please read and download as you wish. <3

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Concerning the cure spells causing damage to undead, you could set a new attribute- say, "anti-undead"- and assign it to all cure spells. Then you assign the element efficiency of "anti-undead" on your undeads to "F". This way, the cure to the party heals HP and the cures to undead cause HP loss. I'm using a different system in my own project, since I chose not to use a targeting script like the one you have, but I just tested it out and it seems to work. Whatcha think?

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I wasn't aware that VX allowed absorption of spells like that.  I'll have to try it.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Heh, glad to be of use to you.