RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy IV VX - FINALLY A NEW DEMO

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
I updated the list of things I need help with, 'cause the guy doing the battle system dropped off the face of the earth.

Rep:
Level 85
Zaldek Wielding Yaktuzema
MAN CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO BE SO DONE!!!!!!!!

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
 I know it is probably obvious and i just overlooked it somewhere, But could someone make a new post with the download link for FFiv-vx, i can't get the link to work at beginning of this forum. I would really like to see, what u have gotten done and how accurate it is.  I know it is mainly just maps right now, but that in itself to be accurate would be amazing work.   Thank you for any help

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
After much messing with it, cause i really wanted to see your work, it appears link is right, but not directing me properly. (link)http://www.box.net/shared/lt5dq52g4c. would not direct me, but just the "http://box.net" would take me to box but i still could not get file. Finaly i got it to work. don't know if its just me ( i use mozilla firefox ) or if sight changed up. If you would plz dbl check this for any other ppl that might want it as bad i did lol. Ty again

This is url i had to use   "http://box.net/index.php?rm=box_download_shared_file&file_id=f_147175392&shared_name=lt5dq52g4c"

Just went to connection setting at this url "http://www.box.net/shared/lt5dq52g4c"

Rep:
Level 85
I can help with the walk on water! No scripts necessary. In the upper-left of Tileset B, there is a blank square. Make it an "O" in passability. Put it on top of all water that can be crossed on foot. No clue about the bush effect though.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Uhh... yeah, no.

I forgot I had this here, but now the first post is updated.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
A small update; just some cave maps I'm working on.

Spoiler for Mist Cave:
Spoiler for Water Cavern:
Spoiler for Antlion Cave:

I also did the two mountains in the game.  The background is VERY temporary, as is the graphics for the shrine at the top of Mount Ordeals.

Spoiler for Mount Hobs:
Spoiler for Mount Ordeals:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I really enjoy the look of this project. It's amazing how great the maps look when they're ~converted~ to VX
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
hey atemu i have the fully translated sideview battle script. i can post it if you haven't already gotten ahold of it.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
That's easy enough to find, dear.  Getting the edits I need for it is another matter entirely.

pokeball Sx2OfflineMale
Rep:
Level 85
UltimaKirby
sweetness I loved FFIV(and was thinking about doing something like this) cant wait for it :)
Is the DS version better than GBA?
And is DS version harder than GBA?
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Kirby Player
Brawl Code - 1375-6864-5199
PM to Brawl me

<3
Rep:
Level 86
The DS version is worlds apart from any previous version of the game.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
You are so great for doing this :) I do not know if you can compete with DS version :O Of course not, but to people who hated the graphics you will be like a god. I'll download, but it will be HUGE! You PWN harder then most RPG maker's I know. I'll download as soon as you finish. I love DS version. Sorry if you already said this, but will there be proto babil or greyon?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Atemu, if you keep this accurate to the original (SNES) game, I will love you.
That one is still the best version in my eyes.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
Zaldek Wielding Yaktuzema
I love the SP/Gameboy Advance version of the game. I think there was only change with the story, bringing all the characters back. I'll absolutly love you if you could finish this around the beginning or start of summer break next year =D

My friend, I've sent you a PM containing important info, but other than that I would love to help in any way possible.  I'm mediocre at scripting and spriting as well as event making.  Nothing special, just mediocre.  Good enough to make it seemless and "close" to the real thing?

Well my friend, here it is, I've come up with a battle system and menu system, I'm pretty sure it's pretty plug'n play, but don't hold me to it.
Anyways, here we go!

FFIV Battle System and Menu System!  80-85% complete
Other Scripts that were built upon/modified or just plain used:
RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System
Dargor's Party Changer modified by me
STR33 Sideview ATB addon

There are others I was experimenting with under the main process, but ofc they're under the main process and NOT used

Progress
Spoiler for:
_____Menu_____
60-75% Complete
All Graphical looks have been completed
_____Battle____
Battlestyle Complete
Battler Animations
-Jump Animations
-Very basic Summons events (Emphasis on VERY BASIC lol)
-ActorCommand Window commands were remodeled to only show the
--correct amount of commands, doesn't show unused ones.
---Kain has the "Jump" ability which calls the Jump skill if the actor class
---- equals the dragoon class, DO NOT CHANGE CLASS ORDERS, leave   
---- DRG as class ID 02
-Flee system works, no guage seen

Needs to be done/I need help with
Spoiler for:
____Menu___
-All custom commands added but some do not work ofc
--Form, Custom, and Change
---These commands are for Changing party members, changing party
---member positions, and changing configuartions and looks
---Party Changer works, but it's nothing like the FFIV version.
-Pointers/Cursors (I just don't know how)
-A party changer like the FFIV one lol
____Battle System____
-The target_enemy def needs to be changed to be able to target
--any player character on the field, I believe that's accomplished
--by basically "merging" for lack of a better word, the two defs
--target_enemy and target_actor defs
-I need a completely different way to do the target window, the one
-- that is in place now is lame as hell, right now it calls a completely
--new target window on top of the one that is there at the beginning
--of the battle, so that one updates, but the main one doesn't and
--doesn't show enemy death.
Stuff I can figure out-
Spoiler for:
-Battlebacks, that's not hard, I'm sure anyone could do it
Stuff I can't do/Need serious explainations and stuff about-
Spoiler for:
-Centering Texts vertically and horizontally
--It looks goofy as hell with 2 or 3 actor commands and the window is
--ginormous.
___Need Huge help/explanations with___
-Adding pointer cursors and stuff
--I just really don't understand it I guess, if anyone could either give me
--a really specific example/explain how to make them, please help a
--brotha out. lol. I love to learn new stuff if that makes a difference lo
Demo Download!
Installation instructions-
Spoiler for:
(the slightly tricky party)
Copy everything above the "Main" process but below the "Materials" section, guess it wasn't that tricky lol.  Copy all the graphics in the Graphics, every folder, not just the system folder.

--Ok, here's the pain in the ass, I suck at the whole menu actor face drawing deal, so as you very well might notice, the faces are positioned differently on FFfaces3.png face sheets. Pain but only way I knew to do it(HELP ME FIX IT LOL)--

Here we are, there it is, hope you have fun with the little demo I've prepared for you, leave me feedback, tell me how to do shit better, please lol

Thanks for your time folks, hope this really gets the ball rolling on this project, noticed it's been kinda dead to say the least.

If you need anything else specifically besides getting 100% complete on these things drop me a line my e-mail is jt_tyree@live.com and MSN is the same.

-----BEFORE YOU LET THIS PROJECT DIE, CALL ON ME FOR HELP--------
FFIV was my fav, I'd be down to help till it finally drowns.

Rep:
Level 84
Not to be predictable, but...
Well, you said you wanted feedback, so I decided to tell you that the game looks incredible. FF is my favourite RPG series of all time, so if this comes out all right, I'll probably love you too, (though maybe not as much as some of the others seem to be ready to do...) Anyway, keep up the good work, can't wait to see the finished project. Just... don't rush it, ever, at all. If anything could ruin it, rushing to would.
Good luck!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

All the greats started out as n00bs. The n00b you trash today may be the n00b you worship tomorrow.

It's looking great so far, I love how you are remaking this classic. However my problem with the demo is that your using those old SNES sprites. I hope you won't continue this trend into the final release. I have several FF4 sprites I've made VX style that you can use (most of them were made in the character generator but the recolors were done myself, the Kain sprite came from here).

If you still need help on battlebacks I have a script for it that I'm using in my own personal project. It's an area-based battleback system (you can assign a battleback to an area in the script). Here's the script just in case you decide to use it (credits to Diakonos).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:17:26 AM by ArchsageX »

lol I just ripped those sprites because I had nothing else and I'm not so good at making them lol.  Awesome job! on the sprites you've made sir, they will DEFINITELY be using them in my next release of the script.  Just a FYI, Zed got back into WoW so I've kinda lost my ambition in working on this, if anyone wants to pick it up and finish'er up, go right ahead. I'm kinda a newb at scripting in general, it does the job, but I figured out that it crashes the game when you tell someone to attack but the previous player kills the mob you're attacking.

To Asch -
Hey are you still working on this?  Is the project still alive? 

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I haven't seen Asch/Atemu post on this forum for ages.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I haven't seen Asch/Atemu post on this forum for ages.

Dare I say, thank Christ for that.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
aww, I liked Atemu. I don't know why people started disliking her. Was it something in IRC?

Hmph, oh well.  Could've been cool.  I know nothing about Asch, hence I'm semi-new to the scene :P