RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy IV VX - FINALLY A NEW DEMO

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.

Spoiler for Why the hell am I doing this?:
Good question.  :dead:

Final Fantasy IV is one of my favorite Final Fantasies, and one of my all time favorite RPGs.  Once I started playing around with RPG Maker VX, I got inspired to make the attempt to make this, even though there's already three other FF4 official remakes.  With any luck, if this is successful, I'll be able to make a sequel or two based on this little universe.
Spoiler for About FF4 (in case you just crawled out from under a flat rock):
Five airships speed across the sky.  The Red Wings, the air force of the kingdom of Baron, are on their way home after completing a successful raid upon Mysidia for the Water Crystal.  Their captain, Cecil, reflects back on this mission, which took place only hours before.  Although it was the king’s order, Cecil and his men feel guilty about taking the Crystal from the innocent people of Mysidia.  But Cecil reminds them that they are the proud and mighty Red Wings of Baron and must always remain loyal to the king.

Still torn by guilt, Cecil brings the Crystal to the king of Baron.  He starts to leave, but decides to ask the king his intentions.  Accused of disloyalty, Cecil is stripped of his command of the Red Wings and ordered to go hunt the Phantom Beast plaguing the Mist Valley northwest of Baron… And so begins an epic tale of betrayal, love, and redemption as the dark knight Cecil departs on his journey of awakening.  His travels will take him around the world and beyond, where he will find both fearsome enemies and new allies.  Only by renouncing everything he has known will he be able to succeed in a quest that will ultimately decide the fate of the world.

~Summary from Final Fantasy Chronicles Official Site
Spoiler for Characters:

Name: Cecil Harvey
Class: Dark Knight
Abandoned in a forest near Baron as an infant, Cecil was found and brought in by the King of Baron, adopting him as his own.  He grew up with Cain, a young man who was also later adopted by Baron's king when his parents died, and Rosa, whom he later became romantically involved with.

As Cecil grew older, he eventually joined Baron's military, and rose through the ranks.  He became the commander of the Red Wings, Baron's airship force, but his primary position is as the overall commander of Baron's military.  However, in order to attain such a rank, he had to take up the art of the Dark Sword, something he later begins to question.

Name: Cain Highwind
English Name: Kain Highwind
Class: Dragon Knight
Cain was orphaned at a young age, when his parents were killed in war.  The King of Baron, once friends with his parents, took pity on him and adopted him.  He grew up with Cecil and Rosa and the others at Baron Castle.  Though he could have attained a higher rank in Baron's military, he decided to honor his father and became a Dragon Knight.

Name: Rydia
Class: Summoner
Rydia grew up in the summoner village of Mist, where she was cherished as a promising and talented summoner.  Her peaceful life is destroyed, however, as her mother is accidentally killed and her village is destroyed.  Though Cecil was the one inadvertently responsible, she finds it in her heart to forgive him when he defends her from Baron soldiers sent to kill her.

Name: Tella
English Name: Tellah
Class: Sage
A sage supposedly originally from Mysidia, Tella currently resides in the desert village of Kaipo with his daughter, Anna.  When she is supposedly hoodwinked into running off to Damcyan with a "spoony bard" (*cough*), he sets out to go after her.  Unfortunately, in his old age, he doesn't stand a chance against the monsters of the Water Cavern, and waits for someone powerful enough to assist him.

Name: Gilbart Chris von Muir
English Name: Edward
Class: Bard
The crown prince of Damcyan and ruler over the desert, Gilbart is a delicate and frail individual.  Despite this, he often disguises himself and sets out into the world, traveling as a bard.  It was during one of his travels that he meets Anna, the daughter of the great sage Tella.  Tella, however, did not approve of their union, mostly because the sage thought of him as only a lowly bard.

Name: Rosa Farrell
Class: White Mage
A resident of Baron, Rosa met with Cecil and Cain at an early age and quickly became friends with both of them.  However, while they went off to military school, she went off to study white magic, quickly becoming a powerful mage.  It was during this time that she and Cecil started to develop a romantic interest in each other, and she worries for Cecil and what he's become.

Name: Yang Fang Leiden
Class: Monk

Name: Porom
Class: White Mage

Name: Palom
Class: Black Mage

Name: Cid Pollendina
Class: Engineer

Name: "Edge" Edward Geraldine
English Name: Edge
Class: Ninja

Name: FuSoYa
Class: Lunarian

Name: Golbeza
English Name: Golbez
Class: Necromancer

What is Finished
  • All town maps
  • All secret doors and hidden passages.
  • All overworld caves except the Magnetic Cavern
  • The overworld map
  • The music (thank you, Yeyinde)
  • General mock up of scripts that are needed; not all scripts are there.

Getting there!

What Needs to be Done
  • Underworld and Moon maps.
  • Missing character graphics.
  • Rest of the maps.
  • Of course, eventing and story.

What I'm doing next
  • Finish the cave maps.
  • Make missing graphics for tech places like the Tower of Zot.

Spoiler for What needs to be done that I CAN'T do.:
  • ATB System: Not as big as it was; this is included in the demo.
  • Support for Five Party Members: Another major thing, as there can be up to five characters in your party at any time in FF4. - This is included in the demo, however it is not working right.
  • Switching Rows: Specifically important when back attacked. This would also require editing the side view battle script to show that there ARE rows.
  • Character Specific Special Commands: another big thing, seeing as the best abilities are from characters. This includes Cain’s Jump (jump up into the air and come down on the character’s next turn), Dark Knight Cecil’s Dark (I like the DS version; the command shrouds Cecil in Darkness, using up a turn, and on the next turns he does x3 damage, but looses HP), Paladin Cecil’s Cover (take damage for the character selected. This is also an auto command that takes damage for a character low on HP. This also requires movement from the battle system — Cecil needs to step in front of the character he’s covering), Tella’s Recall (casts a random spell that he “forgot”. It’s usually crap, and has a very rare chance of casting something useful. Black Magic is always cast on enemies, white magic on allies), Edward/Gilbart’s Heal (use a potion on all party members) and Hide (hides the character off screen, and the command turns to Show (which returns him to the field) on subsequent turns. Automatic if he’s low on HP, but he can’t hide if all other party members are dead), Rosa’s Pray (small healing to all party members; has a chance of not working) and Aim (raises her accuracy to 255 and attack value by an unknown amount; not selectable if she does not have a Bow and Arrow equipped), Yang’s Power (do x2 damage on next turn) and Kick (attack all enemies) and Guard (x2 defense power), Palom and Porom’s Twin (casts either a weak version of Meteor or a weak version of Flare *forgot the names*; spell is chosen randomly and the command takes up BOTH characters turns), Palom’s Boast (raises his magic power; stackable), Porom’s Cry (lowers enemy accuracy), Cid’s Sight (basically a scan spell), Edge’s Throw (throws a throwable item from the inventory at the enemy for damage) and Steal (the obvious), and last but not least, FuSoYa’s Regan (restores HP to all party members on every one of FuSoYa’s turns). - Only two of these are in the demo.
  • Spell Specifics that are not handled in VX: I’m thinking things like Reflect and the like. Also, most spells need to be able to target everyone or just one person, and all spells can either work on enemies or allies. Also, curative spells need to be able to damage Zombies instead of healing them.
  • Special Animation and behavior for Confuse: When a character is confused, they step before the characters and turn to face them, as if they were part of the enemy ranks. The character will attack allies while helping enemies, using spells as well as physical attacks; I haven’t observed them using items to do so, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they could. I don’t think they use their character specific abilities.
  • Status Effects that Change Character Graphic: Status effects like Pig, Toad, and Mini change the character's appearance -- not just the character graphic, but the face sets as well.
  • Special Enemy Behaviors that Require Changing Their Graphic: A biggie for four boss fights; the Mist Dragon when it turns into mist — all attacks miss, and it counters with a powerful attack — Barbariccia when she turns into a twister — all attacks miss and she counters, but only Cain’s jump can bring her out of it — Cagnazzo’s various forms — he puts up a water wall as a defensive barrier and casts powerful water spells, but if he’s hit too many times with a strong thunder spell, he retreats to his shell and attempts to heal himself — and Rubicante’s cloak — when closed, he absorbs ALL elemental damage, even ice and water, but when open, he’s weak to ice and water again. All of these changes happen randomly (with the exception of Barbariccia coming out of her twister).
  • Changing Weapons in Battle: While in the item menu, by pressing up at the first slots, you can access the character’s weapon and shield (if they have a shield). This way, you can use the weapon as an item, or swap it out for another weapon.
  • Weapons are Non-consumable Items: Some weapons can be used in battle as items. They would not be consumed like items, and have various magic-like effects.
  • Arrows ARE consumable with each attack: Every time a character wielding a bow and arrow attacks, they consume one arrow. Obviously, this means they can equip more than one arrow at a time.
  • Special Background Behavior: This mostly pertains to the final boss fight. In said fight, the background is constantly moving to the left (with the exception of one part, which would mean that this would also require two backgrounds over each other) When Zeromus uses his main ball buster attack, the background speeds up, before switching direction to the right for a brief moment, and then returning to it’s normal behavior.
  • L+R = Run for your life!: Instead of having a run command, escaping from battle would be achieved by pressing the Q and W keys together.
  • More Paralax Backgrounds: Because the “inside” of airships and boats are only seen in cut scenes (with the exception of the Lunar Whale), instead of wasting tiles on them, said airships and boats could be made via paralax backgrounds. However, this would require there to be a second layer underneath to simulate movement of the clouds or water in the case of boats. Water would also need to be animated, but I’m not quite sure how that would work. :o
  • Airship Control for Cutscenes: I’m thinking mostly of the cut scenes involving Cain and getting the Earth Crystal. As soon as the airship appears on the world map for the first time, your characters are in it (this also applies to the hovercraft; more about that later), and the ship goes up in the air. As soon as it does that, a cut scene occurs. Once the cut scene ends, you have control of the airship. Likewise, once you get the Earth Crystal, as SOON as you board your airship, a cut scene occurs, and your party is taken to the Tower of Zot, off the airship. This would also apply to the airship being controlled during a cutscene when first arriving in and also fleeing from the Underground.
  • The Hovercraft: As mentioned above, as soon as the hovercraft rises out of the ground, your party is in it, and can move around the world map (as much as the hovercraft can). In addition, the hovercraft can move over shallows and flat land. -The Hovercraft is finished
  • Chocobos!: Chocobos need to be able to travel over flat land and forests. Once you dismount, they run away. -Chocobos work, but need to be made to run away after they're used, and need to be called after catching them in a forest.
  • Special Airship Tricks: There needs to be support for up to FOUR “airship” type vehicles. There are Black Chocobos that cannot travel over mountains and oceans (rivers are okay) and can only land in forests. When you dismount one, they stay there, but once you get on it again, it returns you to it’s forest of origin (requires a pathfinding script). The Enterprise is your standard airship with few exceptions. It needs to be able to go down into the Underground, but cannot pass over lava at first. After an event, it can also pick up the hovercraft and carry it around, but it cannot go down into the Underground with the hovercraft hooked to it. The Falcon is also a standard airship, that cannot pass over lava at first as well. It will also later have a giant drill hooked up to it’s nose after a cutscene to reopen the hole to the Underground. Afterwards it can go in and out of the Underground as it pleases. Last is The Big Whale, which is like a standard airship. However, it cannot go into the Underground; instead by activating the Crystal inside, it goes up into space and to the moon (where it can only land on passable terrain). Going up into space requires a special animation of it lifting up out of the screen, and coming back down onto the screen after a cutscene. It returns to the same place it lifted off from. - Everything but traveling between world maps is done, and this is only because not all of the world maps are finished.  Also, there are problems with how the chocobos work.
  • Menu System: The menu system that I have featured in the new demo is one I like very much, and I think it suits the graphic style.  However, it needs to be edited to work with a large party script, as well as the other features exclusive to FF4.
  • L and R Scroll through characters on the screen: Not a necessary feature, but very much FF4. Pressing Page Up or Page Down on a map screen will cycle through the characters you have in your party, letting you choose which one you want as your walking sprite. This would need to have support for cut scenes, as Cecil is always the main character.
  • Namingway!: Need a special Rename script that will let you choose which character to rename in your party.
  • Fat Chocobo: Need a storage/pick up script for items only.
  • Change how VX handles water autotiles: There are some points were you NEED to walk into the water in FF4, so the water autotiles need to be able to: 1.) be walkable, 2.) have a bush flag effect, 3.) can only be entered and exited via staircases. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NEED THIS -omg thank you so much, Yeyinde <3
  • Map Location Name Pop-up: Like it says;  I'm not really worried about this right now.
  • Battle Algorithims: Again, like it says.  I also need level up data on the characters. This website might be of some help, but I utterly suck at math, so I couldn't say for sure.
  • What's in a Name?: Let the player be able to choose at the start of the game if s/he wants to use the original Japanese names of the characters, or the more familiar English names, as I can't decide which to use.  At least this way keeps me from getting lynched by the purists.

Screenshots
Spoiler for Kaipo:
Spoiler for Fabul:
Spoiler for Secret path in Fabul throne room:
Spoiler for Tower of Prayers:
Spoiler for Dwarf Castle:
Spoiler for Dwarf Castle Base:
Spoiler for Damcyan:
Spoiler for The World Map:

Download

New NEW Map Demo - 38.03 MB
-The demo is unencrypted.  The character's starting position is set to the world map, so older machines may experience trouble loading up at first.  The Overworld towns are linked from the world map.  If you want to see the underground maps in game, you'll need to set the starting position yourself.  Most all secret areas are complete, with the exception of areas that require special switches controlled by NPCs, like Toria pub and treasury.  They're still THERE, you just can't access them by normal means.

IMPORTANT NOTE!!! Not all of the scripts are working in the demo.  In fact, it's more likely to crash if you go into a battle or bring up the menu.  I am in DESPERATE need of someone to make the scripts cooperate with one another.

The Fine Print
Hey, guess what?  I don't own Final Fantasy IV, or anything having to do with it, other than the work I'm doing on this project.  So, that being said, if I ever get a cease and desist order, I don't have much of a choice but to comply.  I don't see that happening because I'm not selling it, but you never know how anal Squeenix can be.  That being said, if you like Final Fantasy IV, GO BUY IT!  It's available on Playstation, Gameboy Advance, Super Nintendo, Wonderswan Color, and Nintendo DS.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:54:10 PM by Asch »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The fine print is gigantic. But it looks like a fun project. Good luck.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Holy shit.  O_O;;;  Didn't realize that.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, I think that for some reason size = ?2? and lower makes unexpectedly gigantic for no apparent reason. Oddly enough, it works perfectly well in the preview - even the post system wants to trick you at RMRK.

Also, your banner at the top of the post is wicked.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I actually had the font size at four, but when I posted it turned to size 40. O.o;

And I'm glad you liked the banner.  Took awhile to clean up the images. <3

EDIT: The board doesn't seem to like Japanese characters either... :o

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Yeah, I think that for some reason size = ?2? and lower makes unexpectedly gigantic for no apparent reason. Oddly enough, it works perfectly well in the preview - even the post system wants to trick you at RMRK.

Roph did that... people kept making post like.
hey thats stupid lol.

[size=1) you all suck but lol (/size]

So he made "font 1" huge.

EDIT- The maps look awesome. They are just like the originals. The graphics also look good.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:06:15 AM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
I actually had the font size at four, but when I posted it turned to size 40. O.o;

And I'm glad you liked the banner.  Took awhile to clean up the images. <3

EDIT: The board doesn't seem to like Japanese characters either... :o

Lame. I was wondering why the Japanese name of the character was ???•????.

It might just be the font - try one of the other fonts maybe.

Code: [Select]
[font=fontname][/font]

@Boe:  that's actually a much better reason than I thought would exist. I hate it when people do that

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I think I may be able to make the CMS with 5 people.

So...
Spoiler for Support for Five Party Members::
Another major thing, as there can be up to five characters in your party at any time in FF4.

and

Spoiler for
Menu System: Obviously just as important as the battle system.
:
I would like it to look like it does in FF4 GBA, but also have the transparency that the default VX menu uses. Commands are (in this order) Item, Magic, Equipment, Status, Order (change the placement of a character), Row (change how the rows are; two in front three in back or three in front two in back), Config (this would primarily be used to set up the battle system more than anything else; dunno if I even want it in there), and Save. The item menu is restricted to 48 items only, and has an option to sort items as well as throw them out (key items cannot be discarded). In the magic menu, if someone cannot use magic, it brings up the window, but has the words “Cannot use Magic” in the menu instead of a magic list. In the Equipment window, you can either equip a character manually or choose best equip to do it automatically. Each character has a dominant hand (some can use both hands) and can only equip weapons on that dominant hand. Shields and bows go on the non-dominant hand. Of course, if I decide to use Decant abilities, I’ll probably want to use a modified version of the DS menu instead.

I love FF4, and it was the first final fantasy I ever played. I want to see this finished. So I'll help all I can... but don't rely on my. I'm very unreliable. My skillz as a scripter, if rated from a scale of 1-100 would about 1, or 2. I know some basic commands, and I've made some CMS's before.

so... OFF I GO! *zoom*
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

<3
Rep:
Level 86
@Modern Algebra: No such luck.  Oh well.

@BanisherOfEden: Yay! :o  Good luck. <3

EDIT: Actually, it seems like someone's working on the battle system, possibly including the party member support.  I'm not sure, but BoE, you might want to do the menu first if you want.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:30:16 AM by Atemu »

Rep:
Level 96
Wow... I've never scripted RPG maker VX before. Try this, and see how badly it fails. (I can't use RPG maker VX, so I don't even know if this script works.)

Code: [Select]
#==============================================================================
# ** Scene_Menu
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This class performs the menu screen processing.
#==============================================================================

class Scene_Menu < Scene_Base
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Object Initialization
  #     menu_index : command cursor's initial position
  def initialize(menu_index = 0)
    @menu_index = menu_index
  end
  # * Start processing
  def start
    super
    create_menu_background
    create_command_window
    @gold_window = Window_Gold.new(0, 360)
    @status_window = Window_MenuStatus.new(160, 0)
  end
  # * Termination Processing
  def terminate
    super
    dispose_menu_background
    @command_window.dispose
    @gold_window.dispose
    @status_window.dispose
  end
  # * Frame Update
  def update
    super
    update_menu_background
    @command_window.update
    @gold_window.update
    @status_window.update
    if @command_window.active
      update_command_selection
    elsif @status_window.active
      update_actor_selection
    end
  end
  # * Create Command Window
  def create_command_window
    s1 = Vocab::item
    s2 = Vocab::magic
    s3 = Vocab::equip
    s4 = Vocab::status
    s5 = Vocab::order
    s6 = Vocab::row
    s7 = Vocab::config   
    s8 = Vocab::save
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7, s8])
    @command_window.index = @menu_index
    if $game_party.members.size == 0          # If number of party members is 0
      @command_window.draw_item(0, false)     # Disable item
      @command_window.draw_item(1, false)     # Disable skill
      @command_window.draw_item(2, false)     # Disable equipment
      @command_window.draw_item(3, false)     # Disable status
    end
    if $game_system.save_disabled             # If save is forbidden
      @command_window.draw_item(4, false)     # Disable save
    end
  end
  # * Update Command Selection
  def update_command_selection
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      Sound.play_cancel
      $scene = Scene_Map.new
    elsif Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      if $game_party.members.size == 0 and @command_window.index < 4
        Sound.play_buzzer
        return
      elsif $game_system.save_disabled and @command_window.index == 4
        Sound.play_buzzer
        return
      end
      Sound.play_decision
      case @command_window.index
      when 0      # Item
        $scene = Scene_Item.new
      when 1,2,3  # Skill, equipment, status
        start_actor_selection
      when 4      # Order
        Vacab::Is this the command?
      when 5      # Row
        Vacab::So it is vocab or print?
      when 6      # config
        Vacab::Config?
      when 7      # Save
        $scene = Scene_File.new(true, false, false)
      end
    end
  end
  # * Start Actor Selection
  def start_actor_selection
    @command_window.active = false
    @status_window.active = true
    if $game_party.last_actor_index < @status_window.item_max
      @status_window.index = $game_party.last_actor_index
    else
      @status_window.index = 0
    end
  end
  # * End Actor Selection
  def end_actor_selection
    @command_window.active = true
    @status_window.active = false
    @status_window.index = -1
  end
  # * Update Actor Selection
  def update_actor_selection
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      Sound.play_cancel
      end_actor_selection
    elsif Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      $game_party.last_actor_index = @status_window.index
      Sound.play_decision
      case @command_window.index
      when 1  # skill
        $scene = Scene_Skill.new(@status_window.index)
      when 2  # equipment
        $scene = Scene_Equip.new(@status_window.index)
      when 3  # status
        $scene = Scene_Status.new(@status_window.index)
      end
    end
  end
end
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Wow... I've never scripted RPG maker VX before. Try this, and see how badly it fails. (I can't use RPG maker VX, so I don't even know if this script works.)

Hm... line 55: NoMethodError  undefined method 'magic' for Vocab:Module

Rep:
Level 96
Hm... line 55: NoMethodError  undefined method 'magic' for Vocab:Module

... WTH? lol, I didn't even touch line 55. I guess my days of being a RPG maker VX script are over.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Well... that was fast.  :<

Rep:
Level 96
Well... that was fast.  :<

I'm sorry. :<
I'll try to help another way.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
I'd probably be able to do some of the scripting necessary. I wouldn't want to take any major scripting projects, but if you gave me a mockup/screenshot of the menu you want I would probably be able to cook something up for that. I need to do a project for Wednesday though, so I don't know when I would be able to get around to it. Also, for the airship cutscene there might be a solution with minor-no scripting involved. I don't know if there is an event command that will dispose of the airship neatly - I'd assume not. But the script command: 

$game_map.airship.transparent = true / false

ought to make it transparent - though it might not get rid of the shadow. I'll look into it tomorrow.

You should be able to work with that though - at least for now. Getting rid of the Shadow might require some scripting in the editor.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 05:37:04 AM by modern algebra »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Very interesting!
I'll play it as soon as I can.
Good luck, this has great potential! ;)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
See, when I first saw this project title, I was about to slap the shit out of you.
But, your doing a good job. So I'll slap someone else.

I can't wait to see how this goes!
Keep it up! You can do it!

<3
Rep:
Level 86
@Algebra: I'll take some screens and get them to you asap.  As for the cutscenes, I'm not quite sure how that will work.  I'd have to play with it.

@BoE: Thanks for the thought, but I already have the FF4DS soundtrack, which I'm going to convert to OGG and use that.  I just need someone who knows how to do loop comments.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Remaking a Final Fantasy is not going to be easy. But you seem to be doing good so far.
Good luck, and I hope to one day see the finished project!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Nice project Atemu, very FF looking :specs:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
If you actually manage to pull this off then good job; FF4 is awesome.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 96
So, is this a remake? Or is it FF IV-2?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Thank you, guys. <3

Right now, this is starting out as a remake.  I am open to suggestions on things to add to it, but for now, it's a straight up recreation, as I've gotten some pretty lame ideas (Chocobo racing? Oh hell no; I can't imagine finding someone to program THAT).  If I'm lucky and this is successful, I'll do my very best to make a sequel -- perhaps if I'm EXTREMELY lucky, I'll be able to make THE sequel, FF4: After, which would be great for people that don't understand Japanese/don't have a Japanese cellphone (are there even cellphone emulators?  Hmm...).

But, yes; for now, I'm just remaking the original. :P

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Add more dungeons like they did in the GBA remake imo. Just don't make them lame.
:taco: :taco: :taco: