RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Irc network move

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
RMRK's #crankeye IRC chat channel is moving from AcidChat to the newly merged Slacked/Staticbox.

RMRK does not actually host its own IRC network as it may seem at a glance, the "irc.rmrk.net" that people are instructed to connect to is merely a forward for whatever network the channel is currently on. This makes it easy for users, since if they configure their clients to connect simply to "irc.rmrk.net", they'll automatically always end up at the right locaiton. RMRK's Java chat has already been setup.

A news post is still needed though, to let people know who connect directly (if you were connecting to irc.acidchat.net, you should now connect to either irc.slacked.org or irc.staticbox.net. Ideally, use irc.rmrk.net), and to let people know that they will need to re-register their nicknames.

Why move?

- Niche. Slacked/Staticbox is more gaming orientated, they already support various game dev sites out there, and they were happy at the proposition to accept us
- More feature rich. Now we will finally have a decent auto-voice solution, logging, statistics, and also bots. None of these are ran by users, they run on the network itself.
- Stability :)

Do I need to change anything?

If you join chat and connect to irc.rmrk.net and still find yourself in the old channel on the old network, you could wait for your DNS to update with the new location (you don't need to do anything, just wait and try later), or for now connect directly to irc.slacked.org or irc.staticbox.net.

Since it will come up

Yes, slacked is the home of #rmxp and hbgames.org. We're aware there was possible conflict in the past, but the entire site has both been revamped and had a change of management, and now both sides' administration shares a friendly relationship. You are advised to read more on our hbgames.org article.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:08:18 AM by HaloOfTheSun »
bringing sexy back

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Sweet, we can spam each other's channels.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Oh great, i got on the acidchat with difficulties.

now i got to re-experiment
Arlen is hot.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
These new people are weirder than the old ones :(
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
These new people are weirder than the old ones :(

I know. But I suppose it's not that big of a deal. If they stick around, I can live with it. But hopefully someone like chewey will scare them away. I hope so, I don't think I'm going to like them. And this bot of theirs is already getting on my nerves.

(11:21:20 PM) odin: [Slashdot] Cubicle Security For Laptops, Electronics? - http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/Slashdot/slashdot/~3/257422681/article.pl
(11:42:31 PM) odin: [digg] The Latest GPS Technology - http://digg.com/gadgets/The_Latest_GPS_Technology
(11:42:33 PM) odin: [digg] CBS Exposes Hillary Clinton Bosnia Trip. - http://digg.com/politics/CBS_Exposes_Hillary_Clinton_Bosnia_Trip
(11:42:37 PM) odin: [digg] The Behaviour Gap: Why We Say One Thing But Do The Opposite - http://digg.com/educational/The_Behaviour_Gap_Why_We_Say_One_Thing_But_Do_The_Opposite
:tinysmile:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

Go figure. The one week that I have unblocked access to the IRC, something like this happens...

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
They are cool people and I think Shadow is a mod over at .org. They seemed cool whenever it was just them, Roph and I in the channel.

;o;
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I've been speaking with them for the last couple of days Halo, they're fun people. :)

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
BUT THEY'RE WEIRD

Funny how you grow attached to a couple of trannies :(

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I've been a regular in their #slackers channel for like a year and a half, they're all nice =o
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Maybe they just love their channel a lot ?_?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
Hey, I'm glad we moved. And now that that bot isn't in there it's even better. And they are nice. That doesn't mean they aren't weird and a bit defenseive. Um.... defensive too!

BUT it doesn't matter. It's 3i5485710846x better than being invaded by trannies.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
SARAH SASCHA AND EGO
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
the nickserv there is harsh THRITY SECONDS TO IDENTIFY OR I LOCK YOUR NICK

shouldnt be a problem with autoidents but still :(

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
/msg nickserv release (username) (password)

For future references to other people. But it is annoying. But then again, it gives a reason to have a password on the nickname. Actually prevents id theft, lol.

Rep:
Level 97
But if someone tries to be you and doesn't put a pass in you should be able to ghost them. And if they wait long enough without putting the pass in they get their nick changed.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Unless they're on and you're off.

Rep:
Level 97
And if they wait long enough without putting the pass in they get their nick changed.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
This sucks. I can't log in to this IRC.

DO SOMETHING SILVER ;-;
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
I edited Roph's post with a link to the channel stats.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You can edit an admin's posts? POWER! You can edit my posts too!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:17:49 PM by HaloOfTheSun »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
SILVERLINE DO SOMETHING ;-;

I'LL GIVE YOU FREEDOM FROM MY SPAM FOR LEIK A MONTH!
Arlen is hot.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Is it just me or is something wrong with the IRC's host server?
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
A part of it is having an issue, but they're working on that right now.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
There is some serious problem

it never took so many days to get it right

help ;-;
Arlen is hot.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
move back to acidchat imo so nightwolf can get on :(

Rep:
Level 97
Nightwolf try connecting to irc.slacked.org and then joining #crankeye

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I tried all of them ;-;

SILVER YOU LAZY IROCK OF A GUY DO SOMETHING ;-;
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
Can you post the error message you are getting when connecting so we can try to diagnose your problem?

Rep:
Level 97
I think he's gone now for a few days (or maybe that was tomorrow) but I'll let you know when he posts again :3

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
err

Could Not connect to host

and if i try ssl

SSL conn. failed.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
Make sure you are connecting to irc.slacked.org port 6667. No SSL at the moment, we are working on it though.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I SHALL TRY AND GET IT TO WORK

WILL EDIT WITH RESULTS

LETS DO THIS THANG

didn't work.

Also, should i use global proxy settings or no proxy or wa?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
TRY EVERYTHING

I MISS YOU

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
6667 is giving me worse results, it's not even TRYING to connect.

;-;

;-;

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
What IRC client are you using? What OS are you using?

What hostname and port are you connecting to?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I use Pidgin, i'm connecting to irc.slacked.org by port 6667 using windows xp home edition

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Does this work for you at all? Because if it does maybe sometime you can get on while shadow is awake or maybe get some help in #slacked

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
nope
it hates me and says this "Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect  and you suck too so no"
Arlen is hot.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
nope
it hates me and says this "Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect  and you suck too so no"
Happens for me, too, on my mom's laptop.

Rep:
Level 85
nope

Try connecting to osprey.slacked.org port 7000

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
will try and edit the reply

lol @ rhyme

lol didn't work. I hope its not a problem in my client :O
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
will try and edit the reply

lol @ rhyme

lol didn't work. I hope its not a problem in my client :O

What happens when you attempt to connect to osprey.slacked.org port 7000?

Does this happen with any other IRC networks?

Have you tried irc.rmrk.net?

Rep:
Level 102
Install this nightwolf:

http://jdl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=10433

Then try using the online chat again.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 85
* Check to make sure you are using an actual IRC client such as mIRC or X-Chat
* You are connecting to irc.slacked.org port 6667 or 7000.    /server irc.slacked.org 7000
* You have tried turning off any firewall software
* You do not use a proxy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 06:25:07 PM by shadow »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Install this nightwolf:

http://jdl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=10433

Then try using the online chat again.

lol yeah i have that XD

I'll try shadows ways and edit my post
now to load xchat...

edit : It works on xchat, and i'll get used to it.
Thanks Jamie, shadow...

lol and roph.

Edit: I also dont need to get used to xchat as port 7000 irc.slacked.org works on pidgin.

though osprey doesn't lol.

^_^ yay.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:27:53 AM by Nightwolf »
Arlen is hot.