RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] Lamp

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
How would I make a lamp system in game maker? (As seen in zelda: a link to the past.)
I use drag and drop. (No code please.)
I use Gamer Maker 5. (Any newer won't work in linux.)
I can't find a picture for a reference. (sorry.)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:41:14 AM by modern algebra »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
I have a question about this. Do you want the lamp to just give off light? Or do you want it to be used to light torches and the like by giving off a flame?

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
No, I just need it to give off light.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I dunno much or anything bout GM but it could be like when the hero presses the switch/button/ lights the lamp the brightness of the room increases~
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
I want it for a Survival horror game I'm making. Well, really it's going to more of a Survival Comedy.

|------------dark------------|_______(player)______________|------------dark----(monster)----|

You can't see the monster. :O

|------------dark------------|_______(player)____(mon|ster)__|------------dark---------------------|

Hey, there he is. SHOOT HIM.

|------------dark-----------|________(player) >>>(DEAD MONSTER)-----------------------------------|

OMG HE"S DEAD, HE WAS JUST A MONSTER, HE DIDN"T DO ANTRHING TO YOU. ;9
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
Anything?  ;9
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
Ok So i know what you want, but it'll be relatively difficult to do. I can't think of a way to do it as of right now, but I'm going to think about it more and see what I can do. First though, I'd like to ask if you've ever played the Original "Golden Sun?" If so, you may remember a part of the game where you go to a base of thieves. It's called Lunpa. Within the base it is dark just as you have described and there are torches that light up areas like you have said. There are also guards that hold torches and move with the light. I'm going to try to simulate that for you, because I can think of no other alternative. If you haven't played the game go here for a basic screenshot of what I'm talking about:

http://goldensunarchiv.de/bilder/psynergy/bild-tarnkappe.png