RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Walk on it, but not off it...

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
I'm using the "Snow Town" tileset, and I'm trying to make it so the houses are on the Autotile Mound "031-Sn_Undulation01."  I want the player to be able to walk on the tile, but he can't, unless I set the passage to "O", but then he can walk off.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 12:56:15 PM by ceegamus »
This is a signature.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
You could put events around it set to "same level as hero".
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
I was hoping to not have to do that...  That many events slow down my game.

However, if that's the only way...
This is a signature.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Remember, this is coming from a person who hasn't touched any of the makers in months. There is most likely a less stupid way.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
There really isn't.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Actually there is a script that lets you change the Tileset to another one (like in RPG 2k3). Obvious having the same Tileset in the Database twice (Example: One that you can walk below the bridge and the other one that you can walk over the bridge    It's from  http://www.rpgrevolution.com/.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
Well, it's an autotile, so I dunno if the tileset swap script would be what I need...  I'm sure I could use it somewhere else, though.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Well, you can break down the autotile and by doing so only make the rim. That ought to do what you want it to - like this:

It's a pain to find the right tiles in the expansion, but by just making the rim it ought to do what you want it to.

By the way, to expand the autotile you just double click it.

And of course, another option is to make the rest of the land the opposite undulation. and leave the part where you can walk alone.

EDIT::
Also, if you're worried about lag, just get Zeriab's anti-lag from the database
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 04:23:49 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Oh I didn't know about that.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
Thanks, Algebra, that's exactly what I needed.

Lemme throw a resolved in the title.
This is a signature.