RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
help me make a new battle system for rpg maker 2003

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Toire wa doko desu ka?
I need help making a better kind of battle system for RPG Maker 2003, where the hero can fight, caste spells and kill other events as he roams around freely, instead of being teleported to some static battle location. So how do I do that? I know this isn't as simple as ABC. Mana and Health Counters need to be used and interact with spell casting, attacking, potions, natural regeneration, etc... there are many conditions to consider, but mainly I want to know how to make my hero attack and cast spells on an event, and when that event's health counter reaches zero it dies.

Heres also an idea since this is pretty complicated. If you know how to do this you could design it on your computer, publish it on the web, then post a link here for us to download the game and battle system... and we can try understand it that way...

either way, your help will be much appreciated. thanks!

Toire wa doko desu ka?
I have a feeling i can get this to work guys, i just need some of you to respond. Even if you're just interested but don't know how to help really, just post a reply saying that you're interested. That you want to learn how to do this too.
peace
-josh

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
If you know enough about switches and variables then you should be able to make one.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yes, it can be done with common events but first not to make it look stupid, if the hero uses a sword you will also need a new sprite which will show the hero attacking with the sword.
Then you can make a button press event,

If Button is pressed Then change hero graphic
and kill the monster the hero is facing towards

Arlen is hot.

Toire wa doko desu ka?
If you know enough about switches and variables then you should be able to make one.

yeah its definately possible dude! i got 2 friends already working with me on this project, its only a matter of time before i figure out a method of constructing a new battle system.

Toire wa doko desu ka?
Yes, it can be done with common events but first not to make it look stupid, if the hero uses a sword you will also need a new sprite which will show the hero attacking with the sword.
Then you can make a button press event,

If Button is pressed Then change hero graphic
and kill the monster the hero is facing towards

not stupid at all m8. i c what u saying...
1. figure out how to change the sprite - i know that event
2. button event - a friend of mine showed me how to do that, makes something happen in the game when u press a button
3. main events - not so keen on this stuff. i definately culd use some work... i know this would be used in conjunction with the button event and changing sprite event

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
The sword is going to be a easy part, believe me. Spells are going to be very hard unless you are a good eventer.

If you want any help with your system, PM me. I can help you with the spells.  ;)
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Toire wa doko desu ka?
The sword is going to be a easy part, believe me. Spells are going to be very hard unless you are a good eventer.

If you want any help with your system, PM me. I can help you with the spells.  ;)

Sweet! Ima PM you right now.  ;D

Toire wa doko desu ka?
Yo dudes. I know I haven't been posting on here for some time, but that's cus I'm relocating countries and that takes REALLY long, and it's really annoying. I have been working on this in my spare time though. Me and me m8s are bussy preparing the sword style free roaming battle system. This special feature will give you the freedom to kill events on the map, i.e. a shop keeper or an official. When this system is finalised I will post a how-to-do instruction manual and you dudes will be able to do it yourself.

Keeping you posted.
Josh

Toire wa doko desu ka?
Does anyone have any character sets where the dude is swinging a sword, or even two swords?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Toire wa doko desu ka?
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16835.0.html

I need something thats compatible with RPGM2003, not XP / VX (those charsets look way too pixelated), but thanks for the efforts anyway! ;)

Toire wa doko desu ka?
Make your own Character Sets (charsets) with Charas.EX (http://charas-project.net/charas_ex.php?lang=en).

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I think I'm going to move this to...recruitment board or something <A<