RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cliche Chronicles

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
This has probably already been done,but I am making a game made entirely of cliches. Yes it sounds stupid but it isn't,it will be awesome.

The Game Will Be Made In Game Maker 6.1 !

It will have a side view battle system,a custom menu,and voice overs. Though I dont know how much of the game will be voiced over. Im also hoping to include some FMV's for some of the scenes in the game.

Cliche Chronicles

The game starts out with a dream-like scene where you are introduced to the main protagonist. The main protagonist is Kyoshiro,a young boy that is searching for his father which abandoned him and his mother when Kyo was young. During this "dream" kyo has a vision of his father fighting in an endless war. Because of this dream,he believes his father is still alive. This motivates him to search for his father in the lands untold. Before he leaves though his childhood friend finds out about him leaving,and tries to stop him. Her name is Shino. Shino tells Kyo that if he leaves,then she will have to follow him. He reluctantly allows her to en company him on his journey. Though,she does have some experience with the art of healing and first aid. Armed with his father's sword and and the bonds of a strong friendship,he ventures out to find his father,and his self.

So now to the characters:

Kyo
Class: Swordmage
Description: He is the main protagonist. He was abandoned by his father when he was young.Now he travels the world looking for his father who was said to be the greatest warrior alive.

Shino
Age 15
Class: Cleric
Description: Kyo's Childhood friend. She joins Kyo's party when she finds out Kyo is leaving the town to look for his father.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 04:33:09 AM by Red Eye Dragoon »
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I don't know anything about Game Maker, but I'd say go for RM. It has all the mechanics for RPGs built in, after all.

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
Hey,its me I've updated some information in my first post. This includes what I'm using to make the game and some background story and character info.
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Rep:
Level 88
Hey, I've been working on a game like this in RMXP. It's a fun idea to mess around with. I got a bit tied up with my serious projects to continue with it, so all I can say is good luck! I hope you can finish it. ;D

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Sounds clichey. Good luck with it.

I don't know anything about Game Maker, but I'd say go for RM. It has all the mechanics for RPGs built in, after all.
Arlen is hot.