RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Worse than Vista.

Half the programs I have, like Finale, Digital Performer, and Toast 8 lag terribly or simply don't work at all. Even iTunes doesn't work properly, it frequently corrupts my ipods hard drive, forcing me to reformat it and reupload everything.

It lags constantly, sometimes freezing up for 5 minutes at a time.

Thank God it comes with Boot Camp, so I can use an OS that actually works. Windows XP.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 05:05:36 AM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 86
Huh, wow, really? I was considering looking at it. Is there no possible way that it may be the computer performing bad and not the OS? Or are you sure it is the OS itself?
Monkeys work better than zombies.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Huh, wow, really? I was considering looking at it. Is there no possible way that it may be the computer performing bad and not the OS? Or are you sure it is the OS itself?

Doubtful, as different OS need different spec's, or they just suck out of bad programing, take vista?

Rep:
Level 86
Doubtful, as different OS need different spec's, or they just suck out of bad programing, take vista?
[/quote]

I was thinking about that as well. Ive heard of both crummy preforming operating systems, and I have heard of operating systems just preforming crummy on a certain machine.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
But when programs aren't compatible and such it's obviously the OS and not the computer (assuming the computer meets necessary requirements)
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 86
True Halo.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I seriously doubt the problem lies with the hardware, considering this macbook is 6 months old.

What's funny it that Finale 2008 WAS working on Tiger, and when I upgraded, it continued to work on Leopard.

But then I started getting the blue screen of death, and had to reformat, and this time I installed leopard first, and now I can't get Finale 2008 to even install correctly.

It's not the disk because the disk doesn't exist, I'm using .bin's.

:tinysmile::tinysmile: