RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] *Innorruk*

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
*Innorruk*

I sat in my living room today, at about noon, with a text book so that I could study. It had been a short, yet trying week and I was ready to settle down for a few days, but I still had a little work to do. The screen door leading into the room from the porch outside was open slightly, to let in the breeze and circulate the previously stale air I had been breathing. It only took me a few minutes to get really comfortable, and by the time the little lizard wandered inside I was too wrapped up in my literature to pay him much mind.

It wasn't until I heard a small croak that he got my attention. It was a strange sort of croak, partially a gurgle, almost a cough.

*INNORRUK!*

Nonetheless it had landed on sensitive ears, and I raised my eyes from my text. What I saw before me was a very small spotted lizard, about the size of my hand. It was staring up at me intently as though if it had a message of some greater importance than what I was previously occupied with it desperately needed to convey. For a while, it did very little- it simply continued to sit there on its stomach, looking me in the eye, anxious to go nowhere in particular.

After a few minutes of this I worked down my pride and asked it aloud, "What? What is it that you need from me, little man?"

The lizard responded with that same bizzarre, guttural throat sound.

*INNORRUK!*

The lizard, try as it may, simply could not express whatever it was that it had on its mind. However the lizard himself didn't seem to realize this, and feeling that it had achieved its meager purpose in our succinct conversation, broke eye contact.

I leaned back in my chair and watched as the scaly creature explored my living room, weaving through the legs of my coffee table, crawling over the brick in front of my fireplace...It was all very entertaining to watch, this tiny animal, which had seemingly discovered a vast new continent, his for the taking. I began to ponder its origin, for this was surely a strange creature; I had never seen a similar animal before in my reading, much less personally. Eventually it stopped in front of my window, rolled over and began to sun itself belly up, the most contented smile spreading over its tiny face.

"Perhaps you were able to explain yourself after all?" I set my book down on the table and stretched out on the couch.

Work could wait for one day.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:04:45 AM by boe »

Rep:
Level 96
So hey, it's a pretty short story. 60 views, not a single comment? Nice.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I think it's wonderful. Of course, I know what you're talking about in the story, so ~
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 86
Monkeys work better than zombies.