RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
So im learning C++

Rep:
Level 86
I found out that it is really hard to learn programming languages by yourself  ;9. I can do it, but more than anything I would like a partner, talk to me if u want to learn to but feel overwhelmed by learning. Having a partner can produce great results! So I am saying, I want a partner really bad.  ;D
Monkeys work better than zombies.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Do you know any other programming languages?

Rep:
Level 86
novice level ROR,PHP,Liberty basic, intermediate to good at HTML. not to good at anything but C++ is my focus, not them.

Banned
Rep:
Level 91
I AM A MASSIVE FAGGOT
Learn something easier first, C++ is one of the hardest languages to learn/use.

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
On the contrary Wingard, C ++ is suppose to be a really programming language to learn. It is actually a really program friendly language as well.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 86
Just because I am not advanced really well in a certain programming language doesn't mean I can not take on a programming language of its calibur. C++ has everything I need in a programming language, plus more, also so far I have found it moderately easy to learn, I just much much prefer it to have a partner.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
I was attempting to fool around with C++ a few days ago, but for the time being I decided to stick with PHP.

C++ doesn't seem all that hard, since you know the basics of some other languages.  Functions, if statements, else, etc.  It all sort of flows together.

I might eventually decide to mess with it again, if I do I might let you know. ~ :P

Rep:
Level 86
That would be nice Jalkson. Thanks for thinking about it.

Rep:
Level 92
The reason I asked about other programming languages was to determine your programming experience and abilities.
I know that the one question alone is not enough.
Especially your experience with other object oriented programming languages is of interest.

I suggest you try to find a partner that is about your level in programming and object oriented design.

For example, I have not learned C++ and I could be your partner, but that might be a bad idea. Why?
I consider myself as a fairly proficient scripter. I think the general consensus in the forum is the same.
Ruby is not my primary programming language, it is Java at which I am more proficient.
I have been studying full time at a university learning the art of programming. I have learned many object-oriented concepts.
I am afraid that if I join you as partner I would run away from you. If you have to learn the object oriented concepts and designs in addition to the language specific functionality, concepts and syntax then you would probably have to use much more time than I.
It could be demotivating experience, which is rarely good for learning.

If I have guessed wrong about you skills and you are proficient and object oriented analysis and development and/or are a proficient algorithm writer I will consider joining up.

My point is, find someone that is neither too good nor too bad compared to you. That is, if you want a partner.

*hugs*
  - Zeriab

Rep:
Level 86
I am not quite there in any language. Although training with someone that has much more experience then me has been a generally good experience, even though in this situation I am sure you would learn at a much faster pace than I. So I agree, although I can learn at a much faster pace than i usually do. I just slack off a bit by myself lol.

Rep:
Level 92
In that case it would rather be a student-teacher relationship than a partnership.

I wish you luck in finding someone ^_^

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Can I have a student-teacher relationship with you? ;D

Rep:
Level 86
Well it wouldn't really be a student teacher relationship unless you knew C++ right? it would just be some slightly awkward rebel to Zeriab relationship lol.

@moo, if you are talking to me, if your serious then yes.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. I'll learn C++ from anyone. ;D It's obvious Zeriab is of higher level in C++ (no offense but he's a Martian so he's got the upper hand) and maybe I could learn from him after learning from you or something. ;D

Rep:
Level 86
Well I have website tutorials ive been reading on, if you do want to learn, PM on here, or add me on that yahoo I have on my profile on a messenger.

Rep:
Level 88
Moo, weren't you trying to learn HTML/CSS, and PHP just a while ago?

How many languages do you intend to learn at once? :P

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Uhhh... Well... HTML isn't really a language and there really isn't much you need to learn for it. CSS either. You just need a previously made CSS file to use as a reference, pretty much. A lot of the glitter of CSS or HTML or site making in general is from images, imo (except for the one Nouman showed me called "Leaves"), and I can't do that. And PHP, I just never found a good place to learn from. :P

Rep:
Level 86
Have you tried, http://w3schools.com for PHP learning? It seems decent, and I am personally learning some PHP from a dear friend of mine.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Bah maybe some other time.

Rep:
Level 86
I don't care for website learning to much, its to much visual not enough participation from my senses.

Rep:
Level 88
There are a lot of places to learn PHP, as well as pretty much any other language. :P

Any luck finding someone to learn c++ with?

Rep:
Level 86
No one who is willing to stick to it yet.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'll learn. :V Nah, I'll learn on my own for now and maybe later.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm still sticking with PHP for now, at least until I get a better understanding of it.  I've also downloaded Ruby on Rails to check that out.

Hope you find someone to partner up with.

Rep:
Level 86
Alright, thanks for being concerned lol. There is a possible one but we shall see.