RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Dragon Roar Productions

Rep:
Level 86
I'll post here too, in case the other topic goes away fast unnoticed. Hope it's no biggy. ;)

http://files.filefront.com/Dragon+Roar+Productionsrar/;9509548;/fileinfo.html

These are 5 songs I made so far for my game.
Songs in order of creation.

1.Sin
2.Chaos Chore
3.Sin's Chorus
4.Sin's Chance
5.Metal Sin

Authors comments:

Sin:
 I only decided to publish this because the startout was very cool. But then about 30 seconds into it I went all random for god knows why and then sometimes later it returns to being good for the ears. The randomness was intentional at first but later after publishing, I realized that it just doesn't seem to fit a Battle scene at times.

Chaos Chore:
 Same mistake, but it kinda fails to get back into the rhythm. The change of styles doesn't fit but the style it changes to isn't that bad if you think about it. Still not the best enough for a battle scene.

Sin's Chorus:
 This one is the first song that actually stayed with the same style all the way from beginning to end. It fits for a fast random encounter and also good for a Free Roamer style scene. (When wondering around a world map or Idunno)

Sin's Chance:
 This one is only suitable for the "Free Roaming" scenes. The first song that could sound cool on different speed levels thus creating more usage possibilities.

Metal Sin:
 The perfect Boss battle. While the first 2 failed, this one succeeds to give the player the "Oooh my damm.. I'm effed noooow @_@" feeling (Given that the enemy and battle scene cooperates with the music). Also if you reduce the speed to .8 then it creates a new Boss song for a different kind of boss. For instance normal speed is for against some baddass Dark Mage boss, while the slower speed is cool for a HUGE ASS Demonic dragon or monster.

That'd be all.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:21:09 AM by irock »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I'm hoping for your sake that these just are not playing right because most of the time I can't understand what I'm hearing.

A large part of this is probably your instrumentation. Did you mean to have so many parts set to Orchestral Hit and Tubular Bells? Because if not, that's what it's set to for me. If you did mean to do that, I'd recommend changing some parts to other instruments to make everything clearer. For example, on Sin's Chance I only hear drums, bass, and two Chimes parts. The one carrying the melody is fine, I guess, but the bottom chimes part I would recommend changing to something else.

The only one I could really make anything out on was Sin's Chance and I wasn't that impressed. Well, I take that back - it depends really on how long you've been composing. It's very dissonant and that could be turned around to your advantage if you work on it some more.

Not trying to be mean or anything here, I'm always glad to have another composer around the forums. And from what I can tell as far as video game music goes, there is some potential here but these need some overhauling done to them.

What program do you use, by the way?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 11:30:58 AM by HaloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 86
It will always be a question, that the galaxy may never know the answer for.
Loooong looong ago I had a friend whose soul intentions were to always come over and fill my computer with all sorts of crap from the net.
It ended with a Trojan getting on my PC and since then I don't let him come on my PC. So anyway I was just looking around the mess he created and I found this perfect little MIDI maker program. Entitled Music.  Now I thought he renamed it or something but when the program starts up it still writes Music as its name so I guess that thats it then. Poor naming for a very nice program. So anyway what it does is let you choose from Drum loops and lets you set the Tune,Bass and Chord sounds. Unluckily it isn't possible with the program to change these during the song. So yeah you can set some stuff for the Bass and Chord but the Tune is where you get the most freedom.
The program is meant for "Yaaaaay I am happy" songs so whenever I tried to make a song in the style of my game, It always went crazy and failure-ish.
I'm planning to get some cracked GOOD MIDI creator tho. But since Metal Sin succeeded on being perfect for my game, I'll see if I can get anything else out of it from my game before I'll switch.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Gaming Ground Zero has a program in the files section called "Session". It's a freeware midi creator, and should work nicely if you can write into standard notation.

Rep:
Level 86
Then I shall check. Thank You.

EDIT:
Uff, I tried it but there are no changeable sounds whatsoever, not to talk about no Drums,Bass nor Chore, possibilities so for now, I'll just stay with old one.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 06:01:25 PM by TekkenDevil »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Chord.... Tune... DRUM LOOPS??? Get rid of that program immediately and take 5 minutes to find one of the hundreds of free midi programs out there that are no doubt better than that one.

What you have sounds like an even more restrictive Fruity Loops.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 86
Thats what I call them at least.

So far what I have don't offer a good enough variety of sounds.
I have used looong ago a program that let you select a Drum Loop, which will play throughout the Music, a sound for "Chore" and a sound for "Bass" and of course one for the main tune. With those selected ones you have three sets of tunes able to play at once. You could set them and everything. THAT was good.  That was a trial version tho. But this one has the same things only doesn't call them that and has way more restrictions.  Now I dunno what a Professional MIDI maker has in difference but since I'm busy with my game project anyway, I want a simple one that works as that Trial program I had loooong ago.