RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sizes of Sprites!

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Hello! I'm new to this forum, and I was wondering about something resource related. I'm currently making a game, and I'm working on making the sprites (I'm using Ragnarok Online sprites for the battle/world map screens for RPG Maker 2003). And well I was wondering something, and I know this is a total newbie question, but what is the sprite size for each sprite for the Battle Character Sprites? I need to resize an Assassin Cross so that he doesn't look like crap.

I was asking this because, when putting them into a template, he takes up two squares from his head to his feet, and I want to know the dimensions to resize him with Photoshop, or perhaps there's a better program I should be using? Any help would be great!

Also, I was wondering if I do post a few sprites up here, maybe you guys could give me a few pointers, I'm literally pieceing them together lol. I found a website that had all the sprites and it gives them to you in pieces. So anyways, thanks for the time, hopefully I can find some help. I'm horrible with sprites. I can't even color them ;_;

- ADJ

P.S.
Also, same question for the on screen characters. Thanks!
- ADJ

Rep:
Level 87
this is my character
Each animation frame is 48x48 pixels.

Just use the help in the maker.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Ah well thanks! Brings me to my next question. Basically getting them to fit into that square is simple. I was meaning the SPRITES within that 48x48 box. I'm using Ragnarok Online sprites, so I was wondering what would be the best way to decrease there size in a manner in which it won't make it appear like a blob of pixels. lol.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:17:34 PM by AlphaDragonJem »
- ADJ