RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST]Enemy death sound [RPG Maker XP]

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Ive tried all day but can't seem to add a sound when an enemy is defeated in RPG Maker XP.

I don't want every enemy to have the same sound like the one you choose in the Database under System.  I'd like to be able to choose each sound effect for each enemy.

I've tried to use the Battle Event in the Troop tab but with no luck.

Any ideas?
}:-)>

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
have the sound set to OFF(in database) then for every battles you'll have to put ''if ennemy hp = 0 then play sound''

Yeah if only it were that easy, but it doesn't work.  Those conditions are checked at the beginning of the turn, after you've killed an enemy it is considered the end of the turn.  And so because the enemy was alive at the beginning of the turn, the sound effect is not played.  Once the enemy dies, there are no more turns, so the condition is not tested again and therefore the sound effect is not played.

If there is anyone who has actually tried it and gotten it to work please let me know.  Don't just post thinking that you know how to do it when you've never done it.

So, is it safe to say that it's not possible to do?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No, considering it is XP it can be done with a script quite easily. I don't know if there is an eventing way to do it.