RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Now Karo Rushe's Dump Art Gallery

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Honestly, I'd skip the inking. It ends up getting lost after coloring anyway.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o

^ that. I've probably mentioned this before, but I think it'll really help to use darker colors for the outlines instead. :] You can create that effect with colored pencils easily if the outlines are slightly darker than the shading.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

^ that. I've probably mentioned this before, but I think it'll really help to use darker colors for the outlines instead. :] You can create that effect with colored pencils easily if the outlines are slightly darker than the shading.
Ok, I'll try, but, just on the inking, well, I'm having trouble with cleaning the piece. When it comes to drawing (or sketching) I'm, not really the cleanest in it.

Spoiler for OC Mage:
Sketch

Clean/Inking

I'm hesitant to the colors I want to use on this one. Or how I want to color it. Even thou I pretty much have in mind what colors I want to use. Ugh.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I like the way you drew her eyes! :]
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Thank you, Yuyubabe.

I know it was kinda pointless since the drawing's lineart is done in ink, but, I tried your & Acolyte's suggestion, added more tones to the skin color palette, picked up the darkest color. There are three I chose;
 PC901 Indigo Blue
 PC908 Dark Green
 PC1078 Black Cherry

Black Cherry was the one I used mostly to darken the skin/shadows.

Now used it combined with either PC 945 Sienna Brown or PC937 Tuscan Red for the Darkest Color & use for the Outlines/Lineart as you suggested it.
Also, umm, I had to take my old textbooks & Book references regarding 'Human Figure' and 'Color Theory' I used in university when I studied art. I was insecured yesterday, since I applied my knowledge of Acrylic Painting into Color pencil.

Needless to say, I'm satisfied with the results (Thou the paper of this Sketchbook is horribly bad);

Spoiler for OC Mage colored:

Went over the ink with the darkest flesh color tone (In this case Black Cherry). I was going to color her hair grey, but decided to use Blue & Purple. (With new colors). I was, really proud when I finish it. Noticed her staff's circles look really bad, so, I painted over them with grey. Instead of using the White color pencil only, I combined with a newly acquired colourless blender pencil on some parts (Mostly her gloves & staff). Like the result so far. Still need work on making hands, those fingers, I notice look odd.

I got two others inked that I'll be working on soon.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That looks great! :gracie: It definitely looks more natural and the colors work well together in a very complementary way. I'm super duper picky about color coordination, and I love the ones you used here. The outfit colors work together as a nice blend of vibrant (but not too overpowering) and neutral colors, and the hair is pretty and looks great with the outfit. The shading also looks really cool and seems to work very well with the outlines you chose. :)

Again, I really like the style you used for the eyes. I think the difference in this picture is that the outlines of the eyes are less thick and more refined - and it looks great and very natural! :yuyu:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:45:26 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Ah . . . thank you, thou. sadly the next ones Probably won't give the same effect. <sigh>

Spoiler for U-511 from KanColle:
I just finished this one an hour ago.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
And with this one, I'm done with the Inked Work.
This one was colored not too long.

Spoiler for Battleship Water Demon:

I'm personally in love for working with Pale Skin palette. (Well, mostly almost dead-like Albino flesh color). And, It's been too long since I had colored monsters like the one on this piece.

Next ones I do, I won't bother inking them as you two suggested it.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Color pencil all the way ~ Remembered why I despise green.

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:40:22 AM by Karo Rushe »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Yamato from Kantai Collection.

Spoiler for:

I had done a sketch before, instead of working directly on the sketch as I usually do, decided to simply do it as I did in painting, I'm not good at the pasting part, so I'm uncomfortable with how the hand came. I had more ease with applying the colors thou.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:39:52 AM by Karo Rushe »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Gonna need something better to blend backgrounds.
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic

What media are you colouring with?
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

What media are you colouring with?
Currently Prismacolor Pencils,

Spoiler for More KanColle:

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I like your shading and hair styles :]

However a lot of your drawings seem to have similar facial features. All the eyes, noses, and face shapes are almost identical o.O

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can see that too, with the exception of this one and this one. Honestly, those are my two favorites! :roph2:

I think a good way to get some variety is to switch up certain features. I.e. Eyes can range by size, pupil design, or even the general shape. I drew up a quick and sloppy paint drawings of some examples. Pardon the awfulness, I was using my computer's mouse to draw these. :-[

Spoiler for:

I didn't even include facial shapes, but those can pretty much range from slim/round and defined/simple with the details in the other features (i.e. high/low cheekbones, flat/pointed chin, wide/slim jam, etc).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I like your shading and hair styles :]

However a lot of your drawings seem to have similar facial features. All the eyes, noses, and face shapes are almost identical o.O
Thank you. To tell the truth, been told that their facial expressions looks similar, actually makes me happy. repetition is where I have less confidence in. Will work on making different expressions

I can see that too, with the exception of this one and this one. Honestly, those are my two favorites! :roph2:

I think a good way to get some variety is to switch up certain features. I.e. Eyes can range by size, pupil design, or even the general shape. I drew up a quick and sloppy paint drawings of some examples. Pardon the awfulness, I was using my computer's mouse to draw these. :-[

Spoiler for:

I didn't even include facial shapes, but those can pretty much range from slim/round and defined/simple with the details in the other features (i.e. high/low cheekbones, flat/pointed chin, wide/slim jam, etc).
Glad you like them, and thank you, This will help me, no worries.

These are from last week & yesterdays:
Spoiler for Maya 3/13/15:
I actually tried a different expression for yesterday's piece.
Spoiler for Yesterday Episode speculation:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ooh, I like the expressions! I mean, the scene makes me sad, but it looks pretty good! ;~;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Thank you, I was going for that. :>

This one was done yesterday, thou I couldn't scan it ti'll this morning. @_@
Had trouble doing Braid, satisfied with the result of this one.
Spoiler for:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Done in a few hours ago.

Spoiler for:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Been doing some coloring, and sketches, here's the last ones I've colored:

Spoiler for Prinz Eugen Nichijou Expression:
Spoiler for Wo-Class Aircraft Carrier:
Spoiler for Wo-Class vs Fubuki:
Spoiler for Fubuki Hit:
Spoiler for Wo-Class Burst into Flames:

Ran out of blender so, did what I could. Tried doing some flames in color pencil following some tutorial in youtube, thou, I lost it halfway, And everytime I did the Pale girl (Wo-class) I kept forgetting the colors I used to make her greys. I tried yuyu's suggestion on the expressions, giving different sets of eyes & noses on them, and the face's shape. (Fubuki having shorter & rounder face, Wo's been less round and more ermm, longer?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can definitely tell the difference in faces! :-) 'Looks good!

I don't know if you mentioned this already or not, but what are you using to color these (before the colored pencils)?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I can definitely tell the difference in faces! :-) 'Looks good!

I don't know if you mentioned this already or not, but what are you using to color these (before the colored pencils)?
I don't understand well the question, I do the lineart and finish cleaning the graphite, then I go straight to coloring. Hmm, a classmate of mines suggested me to go from the darkest color to the lightest when I was painting with him a year ago, I used his suggestions for color pencils, going from the shadow and darkest colors to the lightest colors.

The color pencils I use, are Prismacolors. And for lineart some Pigma Micron Pens 03-005, to later pass another layer of Color pencil on top of the ink with a Black Color Pencil usually.

----

Here's another one I did last night, took me five hours to do, (mostly due to tiredness) couldn't think of a background color for this one:

Learned Peroxide can be used to clean ink, also, if you rub too hard, the paper will weaken and tear. <sigh>

Spoiler for:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, OK. For some reason, I thought you used something other than colored pencils, too. But now that you say they're prismacolors, I can see it. :-)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I think it's the words Blenders that I used? Colorless Pencil Colors used to blend. 

I seem to be in a really good mood to draw and color, I've been drawing & then inmediatelly coloring it at the very moment these days, here's the newest one: It took me three hours. At first I was terrified I had gotten the wrong hair color, but now, I realize I got that Blue-Grey color I always wanted. The violet and colors have become my darkening colors lately.

Spoiler for:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think it's the words Blenders that I used? Colorless Pencil Colors used to blend.
I seem to be in a really good mood to draw and color, I've been drawing & then inmediatelly coloring it at the very moment these days.

Ohh, right on! I don't know why I didn't think of that, I use a colorless pencil blender too. o.o I'm also in the mood for drawing and coloring a lot lately, but for some reason I never want to use colored pencils anymore. I always spend way too much time with them and have to go back over and blend everything, and then my hand hurts. I think my art class is exhausting my patience with them. ;9 Instead, I've been painting everything (probably because it feels quicker, but it's also way more messy and you have to be extra careful).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]