RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Stargate | Need team

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
So, anyone heard of Stargate?  I absolutely love it tae bits.  It's a tv show (originally a feature movie i the 90s that hit it into the longest running sci-fi series to date, with currently one spin-off). 
For anyone who doesn't know much about it go to stargate.mgm.com

Characters so far:
Spoiler for:

From left to right, top to bottom:
Colonel Jack O'Neill
Captain Samantha Carter
First Prime of Apophis / Shol'va Teal'c
Doctor Daniel Jackson
Major General George Hammond
Apophis
Ra

Some of what i've done:
Spoiler for:
Have it noted that these are mainly images created for testing purposes and not final...and show my need for people who can add glamour to the tilesets....
Cheyenne Mountain Complex Entrance:

A random forest with the Stargate:

The same forest, but the Stargate Wormhole is open:

Back in the SGC Gate Room with the Iris up and a group of the sprites to be involved so far:

(Out of interests sake,) the sprites are:
(from top to bottom: floored, uniformed/armoured, with weapon in hand and casual versions of each sprite)
From left to right: Ra, Horus Guard, SGC soldier, Carter, O'Neill, Teal'c, Daniel, another SGC Soldier, Hammond, Serpent Guard and Apophis

Anyhoo, I've always wanted to just run around and do the things they do, go the places they go and the like, so i've started up a wee game on rm2k3 for Stargate.  I'll simply be using the movie and tv show series, i wouldn't want to change it for fear of ruining one of the greatest shows ever.  So the story is a given, i can work that up easily no problem.  What might be a problem is doing certain things in the game...

I need certain scripts, because i'm readying to move onto xp and i want an active battle system, like zelda or dbz: log or even along the lines of chrono trigger,  but it cannot be typical rpg style, that will wreck it, this being because random battles are eliminated in this game.  Since i'm stickin' to the story, it'd be weird to have random monsters or soldiers attacking you, out of story, so the battles will be in set locations (no levelling up) and i want there to be that element of dexterity skill involved (don't get shot, run, hide, shoot back...)

I have sprites, and can make plenty, but they are 2k3 style.  I can't make the much better looking xp sprites.  If i go to xp and have someone who could convert the sprites i have into the xp sprites, then that's what i'll do.  The problem is, i would want ALL of them made xp-ish, otherwise it'd look stupid, and all of the sprites are custom. (i'm not usin' much rtp at all)  If not, i'll stick with it like it is, i'm happy enough, but i could always be happier, eh?  :D

I am makin' all my tilesets custom too, because they need to resemble the show.  I can do that, but i'm more interested in donig other things, so i finish them half-assedly and they turn out very pale and borey looking.  If anyone wants to prettify these chipsets, not by altering really, just making look more polished and interesting, then ... well that's what i need really.

The music is a problem.  I've recently posted i the help about some music i've got but can't get into the maker.  I'm tryin' to get the Stargate music / sounds, but it is not happening for me.   Anyone who can / would want to do this would be totally bitchin'...

That's all i can think of now. 
Obviously, anyone who is interested in Stargate as well and would be interested in helping, feel free to help; i could use a lot of it :D

Thanks

*Will keep updated*
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:46:22 AM by Brady »

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Updated with some screenies, as promised.

Rep:
Level 89
who want to play worms 4
what rpg maker are u using.

i have an event based dail script.
(enchanted with som scripts) works also witout them.
......___|__
__/******\=======#
|**M1A2 ***:\
(@=@=@=@=@)

copy this tank and we wil concer the world

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/nl/NL/register/index.jsp?m=l&a=robot797
klik this link and give me stars

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
sorry robot, this is old  :tpg:

Rep: