RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Rolling HP Script anywhere out there?

Rep:
Level 86
:3 I like your face
Heya, I'm new and proud of it. :tpg:
So forgive my lack of knowlege in placement, and scripts and...other things.
But thats beside the point. I've serched high and low for a rolling HP script,
or something like it.

Played a game called EarthBound for the snes? Its got what I am thinking of.
You get hit by an enemy and it is fatel damage, and of course you die. Buuuut the idea
of the rolling hp is that you still have a short amount of time to act before you die, and ya could
heal yourself or something, before you hp reaches 0. Thus saving yourself

So is there something like it out there? Cause I just really like something that could give the user
more time to react. cause it's like, whoops i'm dead, whoops i'm dead, whooops i'm dead.

Anyway thank if you can help out at all. I am still learning how to even USE Scripts but I do wish to
create it if it's non existant,

Thank again
ps sorry for my lack of knowlege/noobness, just in case.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 02:17:18 AM by Falcon »
Wha...?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I have never heard of a rolling HP script, but there has to be someone here who is skilled enough to think of how to do that.

But the idea is still awesome.

;-;
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ahh... Every time I was fatally hit, I could never do anything, lol. Except for kill the other enemies fast enough so I keep my life. :P

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
This would seem solvable with a common event attached to sth or other, but it would be way to hard to do that to every monster.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Common events are a f***ing pain for battle events. XD

Rep:
Level 86
:3 I like your face
*writes some notes down*
The more I think about it the more complex it'd have to be.
hmm I wonder. I should look for some other HP mods for inside of
battle.

well, see if there IS any. That'd be a good place to look I suppose.
Thanks for the imput :3
Wha...?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Well, I don't see how to work it in a Turn based battle. I'll have to play through Earthbound at some time to see how it's done there.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Strike 1 for posting in wrong forum, this should be in requests.

Rep:
Level 98
Damn you Falcon it was good whilst you were gone.